What Is The Latest Fitness Fashions

Madonna

Cathlete
Can anyone tell me what the latest fitness fashions are these days? I saw this question posted on another fitness web site and thought I would see what YOU GUYS find to be the latest fashion. Here are the things I have found out so far:

The "no show socks" look

No more high waisted jazz pants, they have to be low cut.

Nike Shox running shoes. No more mid high, studio type shoes.

Cargo pants with embroidery on the butt (they call it a tatoo).
The latest web site to buy your fashions is called www.turbokick.com.
(they have the pants with the "tatoos" on the butt)

Bandanas, not tied around your head like a sweat band, but tied on top of your head to cover the top of your head.

OK, I have now determined that I am totally out of fashion. I still wear big socks, New Balance cross trainers, big t-shirts, and bike shorts!

Madonna

Me too- keeping my socks, shoes, and tops I mean. I like racer cut tops and bike shorts. I like midriff baring tops, but at my gym the instructors must cover their midriffs, so I have to have longer tops to teach there. Just an excuse to have to buy more workout gear, that's how I see it!

I'd like to find orange tops and other bright colored shorts. At Target, I saw some bright fuschia tops but the neckline looks a little plunging.

I really wish I could find a bright (orange, green, fuschia, you name it) top with black shorts piped with that same color down the sides! If they would just sell sets like these I would buy them! As it is, they sell cute tops and nowhere are there coordinating bottoms, I mean the bike-like fitting shorts.

Fashionistas take note.

-Connie

I have plenty of workout gear so I'm not due for new ones yet. I too saw this thread on the other board. I'm not very interested in pants with a butt tattoo. Really not.

-Connie

Thanks for the heads up, but I hate the Turbo kick range!!!!!!!

I shall stick with my micro shorts $6 from target and assortment of Avia and Nike exercise tops in varying lengths and cheapo prices from Marshalls and TJMaxx!!!!!

Clare

hehe. My fashion sense is always about 10 years behind the rest of the world. Since I only workout at home it wouldn't matter if I did it in my underwear ;-) but I usually find someting else to wear. I did find a cute new short that I like at Target. They are real short but not super lycra tight and have a roll top. I like them so much I've been searching the internet to find more colors, but I think Moret must be a Target brand.

Hi!

Is there a "fitness fashion"? I have my t-shirt, sweats, shoes and weights! I think that's a great one since I look like a sinking ship when it's all over!

>Slow and steady ain't a bad thing!:D

I workout in my rec room, so Target works for me! I refuse to pay $50 for an outfit to sweat in. And boy do I sweat! :eek:

My workout clothes run the gamut from gross and holey and ripped up to brand new. I don't care what they look like because no one sees them but me. I wear socks, both high and low, one of 3 different pairs of shoes depending on the impact level, shorts, a sports bra and a T-shirt to keep the sweat from pouring off and to wipe my face on real quick during cardio.

Fashion in fitness gear. HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA!

I try to wear my newest shorts if I go running or biking outside in public though, or if I go to a kickboxing class in a gym. But that is my only concession to "fashion".

Hi Madonna! I happen to own quite a bit of different outfits depending upon the season:7 I love Carushka. I wear these clothes during the summer months because the fabric is so light & durable. I buy my yoga outfits from Gaiam. Otherwise its Nike (these are my favorites from tops to the low rise shorts). However, just recently looked on Janis Saffell's site. WOW is all I can say. Beautiful colors ranging from pink, turquoise, yellow, orange, blue (definitely not boring). Tops are cut very low & the pants are low low rise w/slits on the sides. Its a bit steep though in price. I'm waiting for Janis to have a sale so I can purchase one of the pretty outfits. I like to look good when I'm working out; it just makes me feel better. Kathy:D

Whatever shows off what I've worked so hard for! LOL!

Seriously, I love the Hot Skins clothes (linked here on Cathe's site). Definitely like the lower cut pants and/or shorts (I have navel jewelry & anything cut too high can be REALLY uncomfortable). I did buy a pair of Shox on ebay & absolutely love them, not just for the look but also b/c they're very comfortable.

But you know, my real answer is: whatever you feel most comfortable in.

For those who do not like to spend a lot of $$$, I buy Old Navy spaghetti strap cotton tanks from the girls department. The larger girls sizes fit me and they are under $10, even cheaper when the summer stuff goes on clearance.

The "no show socks" look is good for capris. Sharon Mann wears capris and "no show socks." I think it's a really cute look. I believe those socks are called ankle socks?

Those biker shorts are pretty popular. And I really like the black pants that Cathe wears. I can never find it in a discount store like Target though; maybe they were there but I just missed it.

Camisoles are popular too.

Anyway, thank goodness leotards with belts are over (at least for now; fashion tends to recycle itself).

And legwarmers! Remember Jamie Lee curtis in Perfect? UGH!

And butt floss! Yikes!

Man I have been into fitness for waaaaaay too long. I still have some of this crap buried in my attic.

I like the boot cut leggings Cathe wears in a lot of her videos. The only thing is, wherever I find them, the length seems to be more appropriate for someone 6 inches taller than me! Where could I find a pair of the boot cut leggings in size 'large' but for someone like me who is only 5'4"?

Thanks for any tips/leads!

Susan L.G.

It is funny because I was looking at Target today and wondering if I bought the midcalf workout pants that were in the 30% odd sale if I would feel like I was way out of date in a short time. Connie I did buy an orange top with grey trim that I thought was really cute. It turns out that I had bought some black shorts with the orange trim last year off of their clearance. They looked pretty good together as the grey was dark. The meidcalf pants did have the orange detail on them. I wear workout shorts, preferably with some nylon and spandex for comfort and either a sprots bra top with a tank when grandchildren are around or a tank with some support. During school I wear the long pants preferably nylon and spandex with a tank or sports bra that I can throw a t shirt or windbreaker over to stop and take grandchildren to school. I have worn low socks for the last year with workout clothes. I really like color if I can find matching outfits. Usually spandex and nylon combos. I have some cotton that seems to get larger as I workout and they get droopy. Also I think Carushka has some great clothes and they fit well. The prices are higher than I want to pay for something to work out in. Now if I wore them to work in or run around in a lot I would buy them. That is just my opinion. I do have a couple of their items. I like to have lots of options when I pick out my workout clothes in the morning. If I feel like I look good I think it makes a difference in my attitude towards my workout.
Diane Sue

Hi Diane Sue.

I just got a few new things at Target. Racer back Champion tops, Pro Spirit tops (is this Target's brand?) and 2 plain pairs of short bike style shorts by Moret, one black, one charcoal gray, 3" inseams. I have an old, old set by Speedo that looks new, gray with orange trim on the outside seams. The lining shows its age but the outside has really held up.

I too have a better attitude when I have good looking things to wear to work out in. Carushka went out of business just 2 or 3 weeks ago, all of a sudden with hardly any warning. I read somewhere that she had a health problem and the whole company just sold everything at huge discounts and went up in smoke. I really hope she is okay now.

It is too bad because she did have some very well made supportive tops. The prices were too high for me too so I only had a few of them.
-C.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.