What instructor do you like to use for Pilates??

momto2bratz

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I have been interested in trying Pilates lately. Is there any particular instructor that you like to use?? I have read a little bit about Pilates, but would also like to know what benefit you have recieved by doing these types of exercises. I would also like to know how it's incorporated in your weekly routine. Any info would be great!!

Aila

:)

Moira Stott is really good. I like her Pilates Core Challenge and her stability ball workouts. You have to get the level 3 or 4s though because otherwise they are too slow with too much instruction. I am not sure how it works but it does make the abs seem slimmer and the core definitely gets stronger fast.

mari winsor is the best IMO. i would highly recommend her. i would also say with great enthusiasm to stay far away from denise austin. she is a lunatic. i can't concentrate with her doing the "bug eye" thing. mari's workouts do not require any equipment and you can buy them in sets or bundles. the one specifically for hips and thighs is awesome. the benefit of pilates is toning all over, but especially toned abs. }(

Hi Aila! My favorites are Hilary Burnett and Ana Caban. There's some great information about these and the other instructors mentioned in this thread at Videofitness.com. (Check the Reviews section as well as do a search in the Reader Forum.)

Doing Pilates really helped increase my core strength (a problem area for me)! I'm doing a P90X rotation right now, so I haven't been doing Pilates (although 90X has some Pilates-inspired moves in some of the workouts). Here's a link to a thread that explains the most success I had at including Pilates in my rotations: http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?...ic_id=41206&mesg_id=41206&listing_type=search

Good luck!:)

I will preview some workouts over at Collage sometime today. Thanks for the suggestions. It's highly appreciated!!

Aila:)

I like Jennifer Kries for Pilates. She's kind of dry, but I like her. You can get her stuff in any DVD/movie store or in stores like Borders and Target.

Shelbygirl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.