What happened to the Firewalker bands you used to sell?

hiho322

Cathlete
I loved the firewalkers you used to sell, Cathe, the ones made by altus athletic. I recently broke my blue one and needed to replace it. I went to your store, and they don't seem to be for sale anymore. Even went to the altus site, and they don't have them either. So I ordered another brand on Amazon, Nee Boo. They seemed to be fine and had good reviews...but the Heavy (yellow) I got wasn't even as strong as the green band you offered! I'm so disappointed. I've reached out to that seller, to see what can be done, but in the meantime, why aren't you still selling the bands, when you're still using them in the live videos?

Thanks,

Annie

Altus Athletic went out of business many years ago. That's who actually made the bands. You can finds similar bands on the internet or go to http://fittower.com/?key=cme and click on accessories. The Fit Tower Company makes the bands we use in our new videos.

I was so excited and went to check on the Fit tower site, but saw they only offer light and medium tension bands, but not heavy. That's the one I need! Where can I find that?

Thanks so much, Ginny! They weren't up on the site yesterday. I'm guessing Cathe contacted the warehouse and found a few. And a nice touch, discounting them. Yay for me, I bought two!!! Thanks so much, Cathe!!!!!! - Annie

I don't know how it happened, Ginny, but I was led astray, or maybe I was simply too eager. I was so quick to order two sets of the firewalkers that I guess I didn't notice they weren't firewalkers at all, but the 6 ft. latex bands. Didn't realize it until I opened my delivery tonight and discovered my mistake. I'm hoping Cathe.com will take them back, because I've got way too many of these already!

Just in case no one saw this on my other thread and it got buried:

I've had a few different sets of the Cathe firewalkers over the years, but since Altus went out of business, Cathe no longer sells them. I worked my way up to the heavy weight (blue) band, and when that finally snapped, I had no other choice than to go over to Amazon and start looking. I saw a few brands that looked promising, but decided on getting the NeeBooFit Resistance Loop Band. I just needed the one, and not a whole set (which they also offer), so I ordered the yellow (heavy) one. When it arrived, I discovered it was barely as tough as Cathe's green ones. I contacted the vendor, who not only refunded my money and didn't ask for the band back, but they also offered to send me a few heavier firewalkers plus some 6' long resistance bands. They all arrived yesterday and the quality is fantastoc, and true to their word, they are varying resistances. The red one (X-Heavy) is the closest to the blue one we know. The quality looks excellent. If you need more bands when yours ultimately break, this is a really great product and company to work with! And no, I don't work for them ;-)

- Annie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.