What exercise clothes fit you best?

I tend to buy whatever I can find on sale, but I ALWAYS by the "Fiona" style sports bra from Moving Comfort. I am a 34DD and I need my "girls" to stay put. These are by far the most comfortable and supportive sport bras I've ever worn. I buy one size down (34D), and they often have sales on last season's colors.

Rec'd my Athleta pieces yesterday. LOVE! :D The Kickbooty capris fit beautifully, and I am beyond thrilled with the "skapris," the skirt/capri combo! Genius! :D DH and I are taking a 14-day trip to Italy in September, so I am in the process of building my travel wardrobe. Some of the Athleta clothing is going to be perfect for my trip. :) I bought the Bettona Classic pant, and now I want to order two skirts. :eek: Some reviewers complained of pillage on some of their pieces, so I will be looking for any signs of that. Keeping my fingers crossed that I never see any. Officially an Athleta convert now. ;)

Carol, you are going to LOVE the Bettona's! I have the pants and the bermuda shorts. I haven't had any problems w/ these pilling but they are a thicker material than some of the other yoga wear. Another pair I have in the bermuda (not Bettona) has pilled a bit but if you are careful when washing them and are aware of surfaces you sit on, you should be able to avoid pilling.

Also, if you are looking for a skirt/skort, the Whatever Skort is amazing. I've got 3 and they are super flattering. I also have one of the Whenever Skort I like too. It fits the same as the Whatever but is a different style. Enjoy your Athleta, you might be like me and spend $$$ there. There's so many cute things it's sooo hard to resist.

Yay Athleta!!!!

My entire closet is nearly all Athleta (with a few LuLu pieces) and I got such a happy surprise when I saw they used my review in their Spring catalog on the Bettona Jeggings.

I love those Jeggings, I also adore the Bettona Boyfriend pants for lounging in and the classic Bettonas. I gravitate towards Athleta because they make clothes with longer inseams and sleeve lenths. Their tops are *athletically* proportioned which fit me so well which used to be really hard for me to find.

Not to mention they have the BEST customer service and really stand behind their products. I have bought dresses, skirts, vests, sweaters, pants, shirts of all kinds, jackets and coats and I have only had one item actually fail (a seam popped) and they replaced it pronto without a receipt. Also...I bought a ski jacket from them to mountainbike in and after a few rides I found the zipper bothered my neck line and they took it back without a blink of an eye. I never hesitate to buy from them.

Omg, don't go into their store front (I'm lucky I have two in Minneapolis) unless you have a plan because their Spring collections are unbelievably cute, I walked out with a three new summer tops, a tank, two skirts and a white jacket. L.O.V.E.

Last edited:
Omg, don't go into their store front (I'm lucky I have two in Minneapolis) unless you have a plan because their Spring collections are unbelievably cute, I walked out with a three new summer tops, a tank, two skirts and a white jacket. L.O.V.E.
There is a retail store that is about a one-hour drive from my house. I am planning to head out there one day. :)

Got my Athleta order. I don't love the kickbooties as much as I had hoped. :-(. Well, not everything is for every body. But I hope the never stop making the Glory bra!

Oh, I would be in so much trouble if there was an Athleta store close to me. But to be able to go in and try on on those clothes would be so much fun!!

Yes. :) Very happy to find this thread.
I am such a minimalist (or too lazy/cheap to go shopping or what's the point? I have two pairs), that I have basically been wearing the same two pairs of workout pants for years. One pair is my brother's from the late 80's. I KNOW! I am getting a gift card (I hope!) for Xmas and want to order Land's End Active control bootcut pants during the sales.
My question though is about tops. Any recs for long or 3/4 sleeve ones for people with long arms?
Also, anyone find a medium to firm support bra for small girls? I find all of the supportive bras are for average or larger boobs and while my shelf bras suit me for many things, I would like extra support for certain activities like rebounding. I also don't do well with technical materials in that area. It might be more sweat proof, but it gives me a rash.....I much prefer natural materials.

Thank you ladies!

I use Lucy, Athleta, Splits59, and Under Armour. Some of them are pricey, but they have lasted for at least five years, or more. Splits59 runs small, but excellent quality. The others are true to size, and fit me well, and I'm never tugging on them. Also excellent quality. I've also found excellent clothing at target. Hard Tail is another quality product. Check out the bras at: Title 9.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.