What does everyone think of the music for S&S series?

I think Cathe's voice sounds muffled compared to the music. I was able to follow okay, but I wish the mix was a bit better. As for the choice of music, I wasn't really paying attention since I was concentrating on either my rep count, what weight to grab, the next exercise, etc. Perhaps after I am more familiar with the workouts I can have a better opinion about the music. I just felt that the music mix was clear and Cathe's voice was muffled.

Which workouts are you referring to? I had the opposite with Boot Camp...Cathe's voice was clear but the music's volume was all over the place. The volume was especially lower when Cathe was talking. I am wondering if I should contact customer service about it..? I really like the music in Boot Camp, so this is disappointing that the volume is not adjusted correctly. :(

Thanks everyone for responding...We are all so different when it comes to music. I really like the series..but music really helps to motivate me. I will see if it grows on me :)

I think Cathe's voice sounds muffled compared to the music. I was able to follow okay, but I wish the mix was a bit better. As for the choice of music, I wasn't really paying attention since I was concentrating on either my rep count, what weight to grab, the next exercise, etc. Perhaps after I am more familiar with the workouts I can have a better opinion about the music. I just felt that the music mix was clear and Cathe's voice was muffled.

The only workout I have done so far is Ramped Up Upper Body, I thought her voice was muffled too.

Her voice must be different on the dvds than on On Demand. I only use that and did not order the dvds but I find nothing wrong with the music volume or Cathe's voice. But then again, I might have been more focused on not falling on my face or dropping a dumbbell on me to notice!!! I'm enjoying the new series a lot.

Her voice must be different on the dvds than on On Demand. I only use that and did not order the dvds but I find nothing wrong with the music volume or Cathe's voice. But then again, I might have been more focused on not falling on my face or dropping a dumbbell on me to notice!!! I'm enjoying the new series a lot.

I haven't tried On Demand, but I tried viewing the downloads, and for Boot Camp, the sound is actually worse! Cathe's voice is muffled and the music is low. I am very disappointed in the sound for this series. I really like the music, but I can't enjoy it as a motivating compliment to the workout because it's either too low and I mostly hear a muffled Cathe...or it's too loud and I can't hear Cathe's voice. Ugh!!!:(:mad:

Interesting. I just did my first S&S video and noticed the sound was all over the place. I kept having to grab the remote and adjust the volume throughout my workout. I jumped on the forums to see if this was just me or an ongoing issue. I did Boot Camp TS #7 only. Therefore I wasn't sure if it was just that premix, just that disc, just that workout, or what.

To answer the OP - I wasn't paying too much attention to the music because of the volume issues and it being the first time I did the workout, but from what I remember, I like it. Had an upbeat sound to it. I have liked all of Cathe's music so far (didn't prefer LIS series, but it doesn't prevent me from still reaching for that series). I remember previewing the clips of S&S and liked the music then.

I like their outfits and shoes also (yes....I am a girly girl).

Didn't realize there was a voice only option. Last two days, I played my own music for the weights...I am enjoying the series much more this way.

Weird that some are having voice/muffle/volume issues while others are not. I'm happy with the series despite the audio concerns. To me it's a fair trade-off since I enjoy working out with Cathe and her crew with such great results. I understand tho the frustrations I'm reading nonetheless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have any voice/volume issues on any of the dvd's, they sound quite good. Super happy with the music in this series, especially in PHA and Giant Sets. I did Giant Sets again tonight, third time and its a great workout. I love the ability to go heavy.

I love the workouts but I hate to say that after doing most of them more than once the music is horrible - I'm reaching for Cathe's other DVDs because I'm more motivated when I hear music that I like. That's just me!

I love the workouts but I hate to say that after doing most of them more than once the music is horrible - I'm reaching for Cathe's other DVDs because I'm more motivated when I hear music that I like. That's just me!

I feel the same way...Love the workouts but not the music. I'm also more motivated based on the music. I was hoping the music would grow on me...but it hasn't :(

I feel the same way...Love the workouts but not the music. I'm also more motivated based on the music. I was hoping the music would grow on me...but it hasn't :(
Yes - I had hoped that the music would grow on me as well but if anything it's turned me off doing any workout in the Strong & Sweaty series despite my loving the routines themselves. I loved Ramped Up Upper Body the first time I did it but at this point would rather do anything but because of the music... oh well! :(

I do really like all the SAS workouts so far ( I have done 4) I do not care for the music, but only one time did it actually BOTHER me. That was the ab routine -there is a part where the music is like BEEP-BEE-BEE-BEEP... Just as I was thinking if this does not stop I am going to have a headache(!)- it did finally stop.:) Anyway, it is too loud. Normally, I like any kind of music, but that ab routine part is pretty bad.
Love the workouts though !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.