What does everyone think of the music for S&S series?

ChelePA

Cathlete
I have done boot camp and cardio slam...I really miss the older music. I even like the Ice music (i have Rockm Sockm and low impact) but for these two workouts..it sort of fades in the background and doesn't motivate me. Oh well....I love both workouts but I really wish I liked the music.

I was so "HAPPY" to use the Vocal Only under Audio Settings. I love the workouts I have done. Cardio Slam is so fun and different. I did Ramped Upper Body today. It is needed in my collection to use somewhat heavy weight a small amount of reps. It fits between CTX Upper Body and PUB perfectly. I am getting better at the abs.

I can not take the music/noise but I am looking forward to making a playlist to match the workouts. I am most excited that I truly can use these workouts. Cathe and crew..Thank You!! IMO, the workouts are winners!! All the cast look great!

I miss the older music she used to have to. But as I keep hearing it's a copy write thing and would cost a lot more. But I did like ICE music ! Not as well as body blast or low impact circuit or low max!
X train music I loved to!
But I agree about this new series but I guess I have figured out it doesn't matter if we like it or not, we will never get back to the wonderful motivational music that makes u want to sing with them! Lol! I think there is no DVDs out there that has good music! [emoji20]
I will try to get a playlist together for them but not sure what would work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I love the music in some of Cathe's older workouts I do understand that copyright issues arise. I admit that I prefer to hear songs that I recognize and that are motivational but I'll take any Cathe series over none any day no matter what the music is! :)

Agree on the music being lost/muffled in the background...definitely a bonus when we get good music along w/a fantastic workout but I agree with kathydaffy that any Cathe workout is good, bad or good music-as long as I'm seeing results & the workout is fun, the music isn't a deal breaker for me personally. LOVING this new, different & FUN series!--Thx Cathe & crew! Can't wait to do them all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the music in this series!

My only complaint is in Boot Camp, the music volume is really low! It gets even lower every Cathe talks/instructs. Normally, I have the volume on my sound bar around 17-20 for all Cathe dvds. Yesterday, I had to turn it up to 30 just to hear the music! Very disappointed that the audio ratio is not set correctly. Has anyone else had this problem with Boot Camp dvd?

ICE music is still a bit better and there are no dvd volume issues with that series.

I have just got to the BootCamp workout so far and while the music selection was pretty good/not great (when Cathe starts the single arm back fly 27 minutes in is when the music got really fun for me!:)), I actually felt the volume was perfect for me. I am someone who prefers music as background. I need to hear Cathe and have to be able to focus on steps, reps, form etc. without music dominating.
If I am doing a pure cardio workout (not step to learn though) then crank it up, but other than that it needs to be background music.

I have just got to the BootCamp workout so far and while the music selection was pretty good/not great (when Cathe starts the single arm back fly 27 minutes in is when the music got really fun for me!:)), I actually felt the volume was perfect for me. I am someone who prefers music as background. I need to hear Cathe and have to be able to focus on steps, reps, form etc. without music dominating.
If I am doing a pure cardio workout (not step to learn though) then crank it up, but other than that it needs to be background music.

Yup, yup....I want to hear Cathe, I'm a fan of limited to no lyrics when I'm lifting. I think its on the Ripped with Hiit set that you had a 3rd option of dropping the lyrics and hear the music and Cathe's voice only, which was awesome. I like background music with a good beat to it and for the most part loved the music in ICE, especially the "gangnum style" in parts. I've only done Total Body Giant Sets and really enjoyed the music (especially the stretch), so I'm hopeful for the same.

My feeling is that we need to give the music some time. Of course we all love familiar-sounding music the first time around, because we already know it. I did not love the RWH music the first couple of times I did the workouts, but now I am familiar and embrace it. I do agree that the Rockm Sockm music was awesome from the get go, but I have even learned to enjoy the Total Body Triset music, which I originally did not enjoy at all.

I've done two of the series so far. I have to say I'm neutral on the music so far. I agree with above. There is so much going on in doing a workout out takes me several times through to catch everything, pointers, cues, little jokes by Cathe, small modifications by the cast, and nuances of the music! But the two I 've done I can't wait to do again!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Well I'm one I never even give the music a chance. I always just go to voice with STS forward. I use a free Spotify account and 12 playlist just for workouts. Its extreme motivating have music I love.. I also workout harder when I've got some big hair band music blasting LOL. The only video I ever heard hair band music was Quiet Riot in KPC series I do have recent music I love but the old rock has a Hiit beat.

I've done my Heart rate/calorie with canned/dvd music vs playing my own. I get better calorie burn/heart rate changes with a good playlist and my surround sound

I don't really pay that much attention to the music, esp. when lifting weights. Now with cardio, I do like a good beat, but never listen to the lyrics if there are any. So for me, this series is fine with the music. The only time I haven't cared for any of the music in her dvds is Step, Jump, & Pump and most of the Low Impact series. But it doesn't really stop me from doing those workouts.

I have done three of the w/o's so far and find the music way to loud. I wish she had an option to lower the music, but still be able to hear it, and make cathe's voice louder.

Cafelatte- I've wondered how to do that. I listen to my DVD via Bluetooth headset so as to not wake the household. Is there a way to listen to two audio sources at once? Maybe i should google it and try to find out!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

I usually don't listen or even hear the music unless it's really good. What messes me up is the "off the beat" moves. I hate that! Michelle Dozois/Peak 10 wkouts have fantastic music that seems to be in sync with the moves. It helps tremendously to get through the tough spots. Who remembers Elvis and Build me up buttercup?! Was that Cardio & weights? Is it really that hard to find music that works well? I don't know.

I think Cathe's voice sounds muffled compared to the music. I was able to follow okay, but I wish the mix was a bit better. As for the choice of music, I wasn't really paying attention since I was concentrating on either my rep count, what weight to grab, the next exercise, etc. Perhaps after I am more familiar with the workouts I can have a better opinion about the music. I just felt that the music mix was clear and Cathe's voice was muffled.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.