what does everyone "do?"

RE: what does everyone

It is great to see what everyone does!

I am a Vice President for a national orthotics and prosthetics company. I was an occupational therapist who transitioned to the business side of health care after getting an MBA many years ago.

I just resigned from special education. I'm an open book right now and I'm prayerfully considering what to do in the future. My short term plans are to enjoy the fall season (may favorite time of year when I'm usually too stressed out to enjoy it), read at Starbux, be a stay at home "mom" to my inherited dog, cook for my hubby (he will be shocked to come home to dinner on the table), check out going back to school for my masters, and MAYBE some temp work until I decide but I'm NOT rushing into anything right now. This WILL affect my preordering hobby but that's o.k....tee hee!
Angela:7

I'm a legal secretary. I've been a member of the boards for a long time, I just never seem to get the time to post. It's nice to meet you all.

~~Rory~~

I say CONGRATULATIONS to all of us :7

Everyone here is motivated as we can see by the breadth of what we all encompass daily.

Glad for all you SAHM's - I was one and am so glad I was able to afford it. (Am in CA so it is definitely a rare occurence here).

Had an accounting degree but when going thru the big "D", ended up working at a local mfg. company while the kiddies were in school.

From there they needed to establish an HR dept as we grew and

"Voila", I am now an HR Manager.

Am not feeling like I am being very productive after 10 years of service so need to figure out where to go from here.

Got 3 kids, 22, 20 & 18 - new gramma to my little "PAL" (Peyton Allan Lofstrom) for 2 months.

Love the exercising to keep going !

Thanks to all of you AND Cathe that keep me motivated and moving :+

Another RN here! I work in a busy neonatal intensive care unit but only part time since having kids 5 1/2 & 4. I'm home with them most of the time and only work every other weekend.

Cathy,

Being a NICU nurse is amazing. My DD spent the first three months of her life in the NICU, and the nurses were incredible! It is also wonderful that you are able to work part time, and be home with the children!

Ann Marie

Oh my, this is the largest response I seen to a post!

Lots of RNs here, you have my deepest appreciation. My sister is an Oncology RN, and it's amazing the situations she deals with. You guys make a huge difference in the world, and probably don't get told near enough what a great job you do.

As for myself, I have a less strenuous job as a Proposal Writer/Project Manager for a global human resources consulting company. Love to write, and always wanting to be better.

Fun Thread!

For work I am an electronics tech at the Postal service (Hi SirenSongWoman and Jenn!!)

For a living I am a husband (28 years!), a parent of twins 19yo-- a boy and a girl.

I teach for the Red Cross and NH Fish and Game (hunting and bowhunting). I will be teaching public school in 8 years when I get to retire from the PO. Boy Scout leader and youth mentor.

I work for a public accounting firm as a operations & office manager, plus about a million other hats!

Hi Rocky...having grown up in the military & having loads of military friends, I feel that I can say unequivocally that your job has been extremely important & key to your wonderful husband's success. I have no doubt he feels that way too!

Ruth
:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.