What do you wear around the house?

LauraMax

Cathlete
You know, I have to laugh when I watch TV & see people "lounging" in skirts, or chinos, or even jeans. And they ALWAYS have shoes on! My home uniform is all sweats, all the time & I NEVER wear shoes. My favorite sweats being from Victoria's Secret--I was pleasantly surprised to find the materials of their loungewear are pretty high quality. In fact, I have 2 sweatshirts from them that are about 12 years old.

Is it just me? What do YOU wear when you're hanging out at home?

I have some yoga pants that I got in a pack of 2 from Costco that I dream about when I'm at work. I can't wait to get home and put them on. They're sooooooo soft and comfy. And I usually wear a t-shirt or sweatshirt with them. And fuzzy socks. Yeah, I'm all about the comfort. Nobody I know lounges around at home in skirts or chinos.

I wear sweats and T shirts, too. If have know I have to go to the store, I'll wear jeans. I tend to wear my $5 Old navy flip flops around the house.
Lorrie

I always wear sweats. And ugly ones at that. Sweats, a tee shirt and a really old, overstretched, oversized sweater when it's cold and either flip flops or socks.

I have a thing about going barefood. Can't do it.

Allison

>I tend to wear my $5 Old navy flip
>flops around the house.

ME TOO! Those stupid things are my best friend! I've gone through probably 3 pairs of them in the past year. Sad, I know.

Allison

As soon as I get home I immediately change into my "comfy clothes" which I have a seperate drawer for. It consist of exrta large shirts and these cheap little softball shorts that I get from Academy. Pajamas are my fav when it gets cold. Oh, and flipflops or slippers on my feet.

http://www.picturetrail.com/alio0026

I am with the rest of you. Sweats and yoga pants. I actually have this pair of Tommy jean shorts that are 2 sizes too big and they are soooo comfy. They are very old and ratty looking. DH keeps telling me that it's time to throw them away. Never! Not until the completely fall apart! Oh and btw, I would never wear these shorts in public!
LD

From bottom to top:
Barefoot, or little socks (and slip-on sandals when I walk around).

Pants are workout pants (a step or two up from typical 'sweats.' I got rid of all my 'sweats' a couple of years ago, when I decided I wouldn't wear any clothes that made me feel/look dumpy or frumpy, no matter how comfy they were. And would only keep clothes that I would wear in public.).

Top is a t-shirt or oversize flannel shirt, depending on the time of year. I also still have a couple of sweatshirts (mostly logo shirts from Québec, etc.) that I will wear to lounge in.

Usually no underwear, definitely no bra.

>You know, I have to laugh when I watch TV & see people
>"lounging" in skirts, or chinos, or even jeans.

How about skirts/dresses and pearl necklaces?LOL!

barefoot, for sure (unless it's cold and then I put on socks); "lounge" pajamas - think Victoria's Secret full-length bottoms and a tank top in the summer; in the winter, flannel men's style pajamas. Sweats and a t-shirt if I am expecting any deliveries or workers or something

>
>Usually no underwear, definitely no bra.
>
Same here! How funny is that. Maybe a little too much info. Sorry, guys... :eek:

Allison

In the summers I wear shorts (I call them my big butt shorts) and a small cami bra top and no socks or shoes. In the winter I wear sweats and a t-shirt or my University of Hawaii sweat shirt that I've had since 1987! I'll wear socks if it's cold. I never, ever wear shoes in the house. My shoes are the first thing I kick off when I walk in the door.

In the summer, it's baggy shorts & a tee or some kind of tank top. In the winter, it's yoga pants, sweat pants, or cotton pajama bottoms and a tee.(My favorite tee is about 20 years old...it has the name of a local record store on it: "Plan 9." The cool thing is that the shirt is black, and the letters are white and they glow in the dark!! DH loves it when I wear that to bed!) Socks, no shoes. But the most important part: NO BRA!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the first thing I take off when I get home...don't even have to take off my top or dress; I can rip that thing off in a minute!

I'm in sweats and a scoop neck T with 3/4 length sleeves, sans the bra :D . I have to wear shoes because I'm prone to PF, but my shoes are comfy and have excellent arch support.

I'm one of those weirdos that like to wear jeans. I also never go without shoes, I even sleep in socks. I do like my t-shirts and sweatshirts though. My husband thinks it's weird too. He always kicks off his shoes and puts on comfy shorts and a t-shirt or sweats as soon as he gets home. Maybe the difference is that I don't work outside the home any longer but I did for years and so it became the thing to do.

Rhonda

This depends on whether my hubby is home. If he is, then I am generally dressed fairly decently until bedtime. In the summers I like to wear floral knee-length skirts and v-neck short sleeve shirts. In cool weather I wear jeans or pants (and sometimes skirts) and button down collared blouses or v-neck cardigans. When it's really cold in our house, though, it's thermal underwear and sweaters and jeans (we really need better insulation in this old house). I also wear a necklace and earrings almost every day until bedtime (even when DH is out of town). Nothing expensive just cute little pendant things.

If hubby is out of town (like now) I wear decent clothes until after I pick up Isaac at the bus stop--then anything goes--stuff like polka dot pants and bright pink pajama tops. I still like them to match, though. Of course, when I work out in the afternoons I wear workout clothes, and if they decently cover me I'll wear those to the bus stop as well.

Also, I always wear little satin nightgowns to bed (but not with scratchy lace) because I don't like the way heavier or longer fabric gets bunched under me when I'm sleeping.

Don't let me fool you, though. It's not like I'm particularly fashionable or high maintenance just because I normally don't dress down much at home.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=teal]***Lainie***

My fitness blog: http://web.mac.com/lainiefig/iWeb/Site/Exercise/Exercise.html

"The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself." -- Mark Twain[/font]

Right now I'm wearing my sweats (today is my day off). For shoes, I'm wearing UGGs as it's a tad chilly in the house. LOL

Well - I work from home - so my work/comfy outfits are the same.. LOL... I am usually in my Nike capri workout pants and layered Old Navy tank tops, zipup sweatshirt and always slippers. Funny how many time I check the mail (across the cul-de-sac) or talk to my neighbors wearing slippers... hehe... I will be chatting away and look down at my blue fuzzy slippers and just have to laugh...

ALWAYS sweat pants or yoga pants -- Shelly I will have to check at Costco for some more yoga pants, what is the brand?

Also, a t-shirt, no shoes or socks, flip-flops only when I am standing on my (dirty!) kitchen floor!

Also, I ALWAYS wear underwear and bra. Bra comes off about 15 seconds before I slip into bed. My boobs are too big for bra-less to be comfy.

I live in a college town, so going in public in sweats is very acceptable. I do it all the time, but only in my "nicer" sweatpants, haha!

Great thread!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.