what do you think?

lesliemarie

Cathlete
What do you think? I have had really sore tender breasts, and this morning I was putting on my bra and noticed that yesterday I leaked blood from my breast. It only did it one day, so is it anything to worry about?

Is your breast red or swollen? Even if it's not, I'd go have it checked out. Sorry I wasn't much help.

Jennie

~Straighten out, fly right~

Cathe Friedrich

Go get that checked. Now. Leaking blood from places where it's not supposed to leak from isn't something to 'wait and see' on.

I ABSOLUTELY agree with Shelley. That is NOT normal!

I will say, though, that if you are a distance runner and your breast gets really chafed or rubbed too long when running that can cause some bleeding, but I don't think that's what you're talking about. Also, it happens more often in men because they don't have a running bra on to protect their breasts.

Enough about that...GO GET CHECKED ASAP!!!

>Go get that checked. Now. Leaking blood from places where
>it's not supposed to leak from isn't something to 'wait and
>see' on.

I agree. Get to a doctor today. If you can't get an appointment, go to the emergency room.

I went to the doctor today and they found a lump in my left breast, actually they found several spots in the left breast that felt suspicious and going to do an ultrasound Thursday. I think I am a bit down today after this news, I don't know what to think right now, I am hoping it is just a cyst that can be easily taken care of

Hi,

I just went through something very similar. I leaked blood out of my right breast and found a painful lump in the same breast. I had a mammogram (I am 32) and an ultrasound. The mammogram did find a lump, and the ultrasound confirmed it. I was sent to an oncological surgeon, which scared the bejeezes out of me, but he found that it was a fibroadenoma (a totally benign lump). He wants to watch it every few months to make sure it doesn't change, but for the most part he is not concerned.
Hopefully you have a similar story when this is said and done. Good luck to you. I know how nerve wracking it is to be bleeding in places that you wouldn't ever think to bleed and finding lumps. Private email me too if you ever want to chat about it.

Steph

Lesliemarie - I'm very glad you went and had it checked. If it is cancer, remember that breast cancer is very treatable now. It won't be easy... but whatever comes your way, keep us posted.

Steph - I'm very glad yours turned out to be benign!

Lesliemarie--I'm also very glad you went to the doctor. Like others have posted, there are a number of benign possibilities that it could be. In meantime, if you can do some research online, it might make you feel better and also give you some specific questions to ask when they do your ultrasound on Thursday. Hang in there and sending ((((((hugs)))))). Please post after your appt.

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Leslie,

Please keep us updated on your circumstances. Hoping the very best for you. Will keep you in my prayers. Lots of (((((hugs))))) your way.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

Prayers for you and a good diagnosis on this issue. Just remember, cancer is only one of several things this could be. Stay strong.

This thread has made me a little bit nervous. Recently, my breasts have been very sore. The pain is really bad at night when I remove my bra, they are just so tense. They had not bled at all, but do you guys think I should see a doctor to be sure.

Also, along with the soreness, they have grown some. I am 19, so a growth spurt does not sound likely (my breasts are already very large). Thanks guys!

Swayze

I would go see someone, I had sore breasts for so long, it would come and go, when I had sore breasts they would hurt for months, never bleed though till now. It also could be hormone changes for you, it wouldn't hurt to ask a doctor though

Leslie,

Sending lots of positive thoughts & vibes your way that this is something benign. If you can, try to stay busy between now and Thursday and keep your mind occupied on other things as much as possible.

Let us know how the ultrasound goes.

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/wavesmile.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Leslie, I'm sure everthing will turn out o.k. (((HUGS)))

Let us know how things go.

Jennie

~Straighten out, fly right~

Cathe Friedrich

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.