What do you say to people when...

Ok... I know this is not related to the topic, but just thought I could share and you would understand: i was at my in laws over Thanksgiving and spent one week, so I took all my Oxygen magazines to catch up reading them. Anyways, my mother in law who is overweight and very jealous of fit people, but is too lazy to get off of her butt and do something about it, opened one of my oxygen's and said: "This is disgusting!" As she looked at a picture of Adela Garcia in a bikini... I just wanted to slap her! My beloved DH who is very quick says: "You know mom, if this lady saw you on a bikini, she would say the same". Gotta love DH!!!}( I was so happy when he said that! She left me and my Oxygen alone for the rest of my vacation!!!!:p

I must admit I haven't formulated a strategy for this one, since it's unlikely to ever happen. But I like some of the ideas being offered up!

Sadly, I dont think I will ever have that problem, however, this happened to a good friend of mine. She was a bit of a chunky monkey and then started doing pilates. After one year her weight dropped substancially. Who knew this tiny/cute little body was under all that weight? Everyone stated asking her if she was anorexic or had an eating disorder. It really upset my friend. She worked damn hard to drop the weight and it certainly didnt happen overnight.

People that make rude comments are just weak and jelous and should be ignored for being just plain ignorant. You're not skinny, your healthy!!

Again, if anyone told me I was too skinny right now, I'd hug them. It used to happen BC (before children), and I just shrugged it off and said, "Thank you." Now I find that I get mostly upset when my family gets miffed with me when I don't eat what they eat at family gatherings. They think I'm being a stick in the mud if I don't partake of million calorie biscuits and bacon at brunch or if I eat a protein bar instead of a big lunch when I'm over there. That's my pet peeve. AND I hate it when my mom and my sister load me up with gifts of candy and treats at the holidays when they know I'm trying to watch my weight. My husbands coworkers have been well fed over the years because I send it all to work with him!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.