What Do you Put in your Cottage Cheese?

Someone mentioned loving it with noodles... I put CC in noodles too! Hot noodles, with CC on top.. Awesome side dish! I use wheat noodles and while they are still hot, I add CC on top and let it melt..stir and add a dash of onion powder and a little salt..Love it!
I also make a really yummy dessert with CC...

Mix a 2 pound container of 1% cottage cheese with 1
big package of jello 'sugar free, fat free, INSTANT' vanilla pudding mix
2 cups of water

Put it all in the blender and mix really well to a creamy consistancy.
(Top with berries or AllFruit if you desire) Chill.

105 calories
7 grams carbs
14 grams protien
1 gram fat

Hugs
Janet

I love to eat it plain or with fruit...strawberries, cantelope, honeydew melon and most often..pineapple. I also like to spread it (plain) on a layer of toasted, thin, wheat bread. I like that when I need a little crunchiness.

I've gotten some great new ideas from this thread that I cannot wait to try.:)

I love CC! I buy the FF and mix it with fresh cilantra & walnuts. Sometimes, I add cherry or grape tomatoes. Yuuum!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I just printed the thread off and am astounded at the yummy variations, I love cottage cheese, it's tasty and keeps me feeling nicely full. With all of these sweet and savoury ideas I'll being eating a lot of it but never the same way twice! Thanks everyone:D

Take Care
Laurie:)

I buy the salt-free, fat-free cottage cheese. Too much sodium in the other and salt makes me blow up big time!

Jeanette

I've got the carton in my lap as I type (hope the lid's on tight). Guess I have it wrong. Here are the stats:

Lucerne No Salt Added Cottage Cheese 1% milkfat (not a sodium free food)

Service size: 1/2 c.
Calories: 80
Fat Cal: 10
Total Fat 1.5g
Sat Fat: 1 g.
Cholesterol: 10 mg.
Sodium: 45 mg
Total Carb: 4g
Protein: 14g
Sugars: 3g

It does have a LOT less sodium. Just checked DH's lowfat cottage cheese. It has 440 mg of sodium.

Yeah, I do miss the salt, but I also miss sugars, fats, donuts, so what the hey? It still goes down okay. I've gotten to where I mostly think of food as fuel, but for special occasions I will enjoy myself. Then back on the food for fuel wagon. Not a problem.

Jeanette

No, Jeanette, you don't have it wrong. 45 mg. of sodium is nothing. I love 1% cottage cheese, but just can't eat it without salt. However, I've found that one can "train" one's tastebuds over time, so I could probably learn to like it if my whole diet was low sodium. It's a question of what you get used to.
-Nancy

I found the switch a little hard a first when I made it as well, but you'll find if you start with sweetened versions of add-ins to the no salt added cottage cheese it's much easier to make the switch. It just tastes more like Ricotta cheese or yogurt.
Mattea

Oh, Amy! You just raised an issue. Every time I buy cottage cheese for lunch, the cashier gives me a spoon and I say "FORK please". I actually cannot stand to eat cottage cheese with a spoon. Is it just me or does anyone else insist upon a fork with their cottage cheese?
-Nancy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.