What do you drink?

tsagona

Cathlete
So lent begins tomorrow and I am sacrificing diet cokes....along with many other things. I admit that I am a coke-aholic. WHat do you drink other than water?

In addition to giving up cokes, I am giving up most things that begin with the letter C. Not giving up any fruits, veggies or chicken . But no cokes, cookies, candies, ice cream,, chocolates, cheese, chips.....have you ever noticed that so much of the bad and fattening foods begin with the letter C? Just an observation.

But what do you drink?

I drink Vintage Seltzer Water. Love the fact that it has nothing except carbonated water and flavoring....no sugar, no fake sugar, no added vitamins, no quinine, etc.....
Plus, it's really good with vodka!

Good luck on your sacrifices ;)!

Last edited:
I drink homemade green tea: 4 cups of hot water, 2 tea bags of decaf green. Its tasty plain or with a little lemon. You can add honey for sweetness and its not nearly the sugar content (or worse the acid) in soda pop.

I drink Vintage Seltzer Water. Love the fact that it has nothing except carbonated water and flavoring....no sugar, no fake sugar, no added vitamins, no quinine, etc.....

I was going to suggest the same seltzer. But now you've given me an even BETTER way to enjoy it! ;)

In adding to RapidBreath's suggestion, there are so many natural tea flavors that you could make and then chill them in the fridge. You can use stevia or xylitol as natural sweeteners. You can make your own lemonade with fresh squeezed lemons and natural sweeteners as well. It's quite yummy!

Good luck on omitting the "c's". I'll bet you're going to have more energy and will feel great! Keep us posted.

Bam

Too funny!!!

You are too funny! Good one.

Ditto on the seltzer water. I gave up drinking soda regularly years ago, although I have one now and again. Seltzer is a godsend because it is fizzy, which is what I really liked about sodas. I don't have much of a sweet tooth, so I did not miss that part of drinking soda. I sometimes add pomegranate juice to my seltzer which gives it a little flavor.

Eva

I drink water, tea--herbal, black, green--and green drinks. That is it. No soda ever. Mostly I drink plain water but sometimes I add a squeeze of lemon. I rarely drink anything carbonated.

I gave up diet-coke over a year ago. You will be amazed how awful it tastes if you try to drink it again. I couldn't believe how much it tastes like chemicals. :confused:

I also turned to seltzer water and have learned to love love tea! :)

Good luck with those "c" foods!!

Lots of purified water, teas, sparkling mineral water on occasion, and my home-brewed kombucha. Haven't had a soda in YEARS and don't miss it one bit.

I drink green tea a couple times a week and have just started coffee 3-4 times a week. Other than that, just water. Boring, I know.

Good luck on giving up the diet soda for Lent Tracy! I'm giving up sugar, not going to be easy :(

Mostly I love Ice Water, but I also like the sparkling Mineral water... I had to get used to it but I enjoy the nice change from Ice water.

I love the carbonation so drink plain fizzy water. I recently bought a Soda Stream and love it. It saves a little money but more than anything, it reduces the number of big bottles of carbonated water I was lugging home every week. It's great if you like the bubbles but not the sweetness. I carbonate the water and refill a 2 liter used water bottle and stick it in the frige. carbonation needs to be stored in a tougher bottle than plain water does.

So lent begins tomorrow and I am sacrificing diet cokes....along with many other things. I admit that I am a coke-aholic. WHat do you drink other than water?

In addition to giving up cokes, I am giving up most things that begin with the letter C. Not giving up any fruits, veggies or chicken . But no cokes, cookies, candies, ice cream,, chocolates, cheese, chips.....have you ever noticed that so much of the bad and fattening foods begin with the letter C? Just an observation.

But what do you drink?

I'm giving up the same things that you are as well along with beer and pizza. I did this a couple of years ago and lost over 7 lbs. I just getting over a bad cold and became addited to frozen cokes because they tasted so good! I too am a coke-aholic.

For me I will have a smoothie for breakfast and then after that I'm drinking water and hot tea MAYBE a little gatorade but no Coke, Pepsi Next, Juce or anything else like that.

...Cheryl

I drink black coffee and water, occasionally blackberry ice tea for a treat. I'm an oddball and never really liked soda even as a kid.

Go Green !!

Water and just plain water is more than enough. Begin the day with a glass of plain water mixed with a little honey and lemon juice- a natural revitalizer.
Replenish the body with atleast 8 to 10 glasses per day, and one is bound to stay fit. Keep away from coffee or fizzy drinks.

i would suggest trying kombucha. don't know what area you live in, but it is getting more and more mainstream. it is super healthy-- no sugar or sweeteners-- and it is not carbonated, but fermented, which makes it fizzy. it's full of good bacteria for your gut as well as b vitamins. i haven't had soda pop in ages, but i do crave something "carbonated" and kombucha fits the bill. a great brand is g.t.'s kombucha. you can also grow/make your own, if you are so inclined! i do and i love experimenting with different flavors. you can purchase starter sets online and it is as easy to make as brewing tea.

good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.