What do you collect?

Ummm, pajamas. Seriously.

When I am down, I've found the best pick-me-up are pajamas.

Oh, and shoes. One never feels fluffy when trying on shoes. :)

Different editions of James Baldwin and Carson McCullers novels. My most prized posession is a numbered edition of, "If Beale Street Could Talk." James Baldwin died when I was in high school and I took every dime I had to go to an auction in Chicago (I lived in Wisconsin) and it was the one thing that I could afford. Its the reason I didn't have a car in high school but to me TOTALLY worth it.

KIM

Its gotta be clothes, shoes, and lipgloss! But lipgloss especially! I must own 50 of them, and of course wear like 3 of them on a regular basis. I just cannot resist the temptation of a new color, texture, plumper, etc...MAC makes the best ones for sure, but I love the drugstore brands..anyone remember "Wet N' Wild!!

Oh dear, its time to clear out my makeup drawer!:)

Purses (especially from Matt and Nat) and lip gloss! I also collect music (hundreds and hundreds of cds and songs from Itunes). I swear I spend $500 a year on itunes alone!

Carolyn

The only objects I can't get myself to throw away are photographs and books, so I keep them. But I'd be happier without the books. The less stuff, the happier I am. I tried throwing away my DH a few times, but he keeps coming back. :p

What a fun thread!

At first, I thought "I don't collect anything." Reading thru the thread kind of jogged my memory.

*I have a lot of books, especially cookbooks and gardening books.
*I love planting different perennials and wild plants in the yard, especially those that flower. It's like a collection.
*I have a collection of heart-shaped rocks. I found a couple at the beach one day. DH thought it was cute. Now he looks for them on walks and gives them to me. I may make something out of them someday.
Thanks for making me smile.:)

iris123

The broken, trampled hearts of the men I've thrown away.}(

Oh, and pitchers - all sizes, materials (pottery, hotel silver, glass, metal), shapes. I also like trinket boxes of all different descriptions. So, jugs and boxes. Make of that what you will.:p

I love antiques and collect blue and white swirl granite wear. My kitchen is full of blue and white granite bowls and coffee pots and roasters, etc. Part of the fun is the search and finding pieces in different parts of the country.

I also collect Pearl Buck books - my favorite author.

Prince music
Montgomery Clift movies
Bill Murray movies
Steve Martin movies
Books re Montgomery Clift
Books on film directors
Books in general
Chapstick

Wine bottle stoppers - so far, I've only got one...LOL (I had two, but lost the one I got when I was in Portofino :-( )

Cathy

>*I love planting different perennials and wild plants in the
>yard, especially those that flower. It's like a collection.

I never even thought of that as a collection, but you're right. And I 'collect' bird-and-butterfly attracting plants as well. Half of what used to be a 'front yard' is a bird/butterfly garden, and the other half is part b/b and part veggies and herbs (I think 'front lawns' are pretty much a waste of space).

Whenever I travel, I like to look for cat figurines from various places. I don't have much of a collection, but I do have a few very pretty ones.

Lingerie, blue jeans, workout clothes and bikinis. Currently, I have 4 or 5 bikinis with the tags still on them!!! And several bras. I cannot walk by a lingerie department without trying on and buying something. Can't do it and don't really want to.:7

Hopefully y'all won't point and laugh at me for this...

I collect "vintage" (1980's) My Little Ponies. I'm especially fond of rare and mint-condition ones, and have a collection worth about $3,000. It all goes back to my childhood - I loved My Little Ponies when I was a little girl, and my mom saved all of the ones I had. When I got older, I realized that they were quite collectible and decided to expand my collection. :)

I collect lighthouses and cat stuff (light plate switches, thermometer, etc.).

I used to collect books, but have decided that someone else can enjoy reading them (paperbacks) more that I do with them sitting in the back room, so they are slowly making their way out.

Oh, I also collect cookbooks of all shapes, sizes, and varieties.

I give my books away after I've read them. However . . . I can not stand not to buy a book if I know I will enjoy it. I read constantly, but I have at least 500 as-yet-unread books at home; probably enough to last me throughout my life. I do NOT plan to stop purchasing. There are so many books in my walk-in closet that my husband started to worry the slab under the house would crack, so I've branched out to other nooks and crannies in the house.

Also, sunrises and sunsets - gorgeous, and they can't possibly be dusted!

tiny turtle figures - they have to be smaller than than the palm of my hand - the smaller the better

tarot card decks - I'm not a reader or anything, I just like 'em

books I ought to be reading

brown eyeliners

empty journals

postcards

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.