What do you collect?

I collect shoes and bikinis.

I have 43 bikinis (about 30 brand new)and I don't even know how many shoes, but they are all nicely displayed on shelves in my closet :7

Nail polish is another thing I collect. I collect .99 Wet & Wild and also OPI and even Christian Dior.

And although I have professional pedicures and manicures and could use the Salon's colors, I prefer to bring my own!

I keep my fingernails short and usually only wear a clear shade or a very light shade, but I go nuts on my toenails!

That Fairy is beautiful! Is it yours? Where did you buy it?

OOPS - I am in the midst of decluttering my house, but that fairy is pretty darned tempting.

How large is she?

That is enough to make me collect fairies.

First of all, I love my husband very, very much and we get along very well except:

He collects electric and acoustic guitars, amps, drum machines. Jimmy Hendrix never had as many guitars as my husband!

But here is the clincher: HE CAN'T PLAY. HE CAN ONLY PLAY THE INTRO TO HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN!

He is so bad at playing, he mutes the amp because he knows I can only take so much of the intro to House of The Rising Sun without pulling a John Belushi in Animal House and crashing a guitar on the wall!

Right now we are at war over my daughter's former room. I want to use it for storage of my clothing, christmas decorations, etc.

But Hendrix (my husband) wants to turn the room into a studio!

I think we have almost reached a compromise. I get half the room and he gets the other. After all, we legally own the house 50/50!

With all these posts, I now realize I actually do collect more things than I realized.

I have a passion for handbags. From Target to Versace and everything in between, I love handbags.

Shoes are pretty up there on my list too!

I love high heels the most. I don't care for flats or ballerina shoes as a general rule since I am vertically challenged!

Hi Kassia,

Are you familiar with the works of Maya Deren?

"Meshes of the Afternoon" is one of my favorite independent shorts.

Maya Deren was a genius. She is the influence of such avant guarde (sp) filmmakers as David Lynch.

If you have never seen Maya Deren's "Meshes of the Afternoon" you should see it. It is creepy, disturbing, etc.

Actually, I have made an experimental film called Captulation. It is a 3 minute video that outlines how it feels to be depressed.

Oh, I forgot I collect pens and the broken trampled hearts of the men I threw away.

When I go out, men tend not to notice me. I think they really do notice me and by not noticing me, they are drawing attention to the fact they do notice me.

Or something like that....

I have got to admit that this is a really diverse group of collectors!

From Railroad Spikes to Wine Bottle Stoppers to Makeup, we all seem to be expressing something about ourselves.

I think that what one collects is a way of expressing an aspect of one's personality.

I love makeup because I consider myself An Aging Love Goddess :D

I love handbags because I have a desire for more money!

Stampin Up stamp sets
Boyds bears
Willow tree angels
Books/ childrens books
DVD's that I watch over and over again
Emboidery patterns

I have a lot of interests and am trying to contain myself!!!

Snowglobes....but nothing cute or precious. Only tacky ones will do. My favorite is one of the Pope (the most recent dead one) that my friends got when they visited the Vatican. I also love the one that has a minature of the car wreck with Marge kneeling next to it from the movie "Fargo" and the one with a small can of Spam in it. (it's not real Spam, of course...although I guess that stuff could last a few centuries.)

Yes, I do have discriminating taste.

Cute little earrings,

and,

Tontarelli plastic kitchen products (strainers, plastic "Tupperware" containers). They are so well made, so attractive to the eye, made in Italy, and sold in the U.S. at the Dollar Tree! When I get a chance, I pop in to the Dollar Tree to see if they have any new Tontarelli products.

My toddler son collects rocks and washcloths.

Gisela

Hi Gisela.

Your son's collection sounds very cute! I understand the rocks, but I've never heard of washcloths.

What kind does he like -- ones with cartoon characters or just regular washcloths.

I love kids -- they are amazing!

Cheers!

Amy

Hi Jillybean!

I love Monty Clift too.

My favorite film is "The Misfits" -- he played the Perce character with such pathos.

It is so sad that he died so young. What a waste of talent.

I would love to see these insipid snowglobes.

Can you send photos of them?

The Pope one and the Spam one sound so unusual!

I love them all, even the films most folks consider poorer fare, such as "Lonelyhearts" or "The Big Lift."

And I actually prefer the way he looked after his accident, but that is just me. I love "Misfits," too. The scene where he calls his mother from the phonebooth breaks my heart every time. And I cannot watch his scene from "Judgment at Nuremberg" without crying. He was truly a rare, rare talent. It is very sad that he died young, especially knowing that he died feeling distraught, in pain, and unsure of himself.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.