What do y'all do for a living?

Hi Calee,
I'm an investigator for my County's Public Defender's Office. It's a great job, but has it's ups and downs like any job, but investigation is what I'm truly cut out for...I'm nosy :p I would one day like to have my own business, doing private investigation. It's a goal, dream, whatever you want to call it:) What about you?

I am a SAHM. I use to work for the entertainment industry supervising on-line, audio, voice overs, etc for movie spots to be completed to get on air. Once both of my kids are in school I definately am not going back, too many hours. I would like to be a nutritionist. The investigator job sounds really interesting.

Lea

Hi Calee,

I actually have three jobs: full-time police lieutenant, part-time LPC (licensed professional counselor), and group fitness instructor. Keeps me pretty busy...

I'm a special education teacher. I'm home today because of winter weather (big news for us in the south). I'm up and fixing my coffee in case the power goes out.
Angela:)

i am a speech/language pathologist. now i primarily work in an elementary school. after school, because you know, teachers make the big bucks, i work with the 0-3 population and geriatrics.

I'm graduating in May with a BS in Nursing, then I'll take the national boards and be an RN (that is, if it all goes the way it's supposed to...)! This is my "second career;" I'm 40 (41 on Saturday!). I'm so excited about getting started!
Allison

I'm currently a SAHM. I have a VERY part time job in my gym's daycare facility about 9 hours per week. I bring my son and he plays with the kids while I watch them. It's a pretty nice deal and it keeps me sane as I get to talk to adults for a few hours. :)

I am currently studying to become a certified personal trainer though. My goal is to have a PT training position secured before the end of this year!:D

Prior to having my son, I worked as a collection rep for a bank for almost 5 years. I left to raise my son. :)

I just went back to work part-time, I was a stay at home mom for 6 1/2 years. I am a teller at a bank 25 hours/week. Not the most interesting job, but the people I work for are crazy, so it makes it fun. I will probably go back to work full time in the fall, once my 4 year old is in Kindergarden. Probably a personal banker...We'll see.

Sally

I am a UNIX systems administrator....go figure, considering my name. :)

When I have time (in the future, sigh....) I'd like to get certified as a PT, too.

I am an Dad, a Husband, a Scout leader, a Red Cross instructor, a Fish and Game instructor.
Oh yeah, for work I am an Electronics Technician working for the postal service.

Priorities first, work allows me to have a life, work is not my living.

I am a home schooling mom on the weekdays (best job ever), and clean for a small preschool/kindergarten on the weekends (not really the best job ever, but I get to make my own hours).

Registered Massage Therapist here. I have a fabulous mix in my work, rehab and injury management at a chiropractic clinic and relaxation work at a gorgeous spa on a river. I meet amazing people in my work and can make a living working part time hours. A lot of days my work doesn't feel like work. Life is Good!!

Take Care
Laurie:)

I'm an Office Administrator for an Engineering Company. I'm in the process of getting certified as a Personal Trainer and will work part time with a Fitness Boot Camp hopefully in June.

I manage the development of training programs for a division of a fortune 100. It's a very cool job - lots of fun with technology, always learning something new, get paid for writing, work primarily from home, etc. :) I am also mom extraordinaire to two boys and a bunch of furbabies. :7

Marie

I am an Executive Assistant for the President/CEO of a box and display corporation. I work at the corporate HQ's and basically wipe all of the Sr. Exec's butts and make sure my boss knows where he is going. :D It really is a good job though and I like the people I work for. And besides being a little scatterbrained from time to time, my boss is AWESOME!

In the evenings a few times a week, I also play hostess at a local restaurant.

I'm a busy gal!

I am a stay at home mum to a 4 year old Rhodesan Ridgeback. I keep very busy with lot's of activities. Travel a lot with hubby. Was a hair stylist/colorist in NYC prior at John Sahag.

I am an Account Executive for Wells Fargo Home Mortgage. I have worked for them for 10 years & they are a great company. I work with mortgage brokers, people go to them for home loans and they bring them to us to do the home loan for the borrower.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.