What Cathe has done for me!

fitguy

I will be 45 years ago this May. 12 years ago, my wife and I had been members of a local gym and had done step aerobics and lifted weights. After we started having children (2 boys ages 10 and 6), going to the gym was not practical so we started exercising with videos. We started doing Step Reebok and Karen Voight but after a while became bored with the limited number of routines. We stopped working out for a number of years and became increasingly unfit.

My father had diabetes and high blood pressure when I was younger and had smoked most of his life. He did not follow his doctors advice and eventually had kidney failure and had to have dialysis. In August 1998 my father was diagnosed with lung cancer and passed away after surgery to remove a tumor. I had smoked since I was a teenager and had quit and started back many times. I tried to quit again and lose some weight after that but soon fell back into my old habits. I finally was able to quit smoking for good in April 2000 but gained a lot of weight.

During the Christmas holidays of 2001 I had been pigging out on all the goodies that are always available like there was no tomorrow. On New Years day of 2002 I was watching a football game and was running to the bathroom every hour or so but I was very thirsty and drinking a lot of water so I didn’t think much about it. Later that day I noticed that my vision was getting blurry and by nightfall I could barely distinguish the people on the TV. The next day I went to the doctor and he confirmed that I had contracted diabetes like my father. I had ballooned up to 277 lbs and also my blood pressure was extremely high. I began seeing that if I didn’t do anything, I would eventually die just like my father. I was put on several medications and started working out again and after a while began to get bored again with the Step Reebok videos. I found the video fitness board and began reading about this instructor named “CATHE” that all these people were raving about. I was a little skeptical because I had lifted only with guys in the gym and was afraid that this was gonna be a wimpy workout, but since I was feeling desperate, I decided to order the BODYMAX video which was a favorite on the forum. When I got it I was blown away by the complexity and intensity of this woman and her crew. Cathe showed a level of fitness and creativity that I had never seen before. I vowed that I would use her videos to get me out of this hole that I had dug for myself. I setup a home gym in my basement and for weeks I did BODYMAX and eventually ordered more of her videos (converted to DVD’s eventually). I eventually had almost all of them and did a Cathe video almost daily for almost a year. I cleaned up my eating (most of the time ) and have lost a lot of fat since first starting.

I now weigh a hefty 225 but mostly all muscle. I still take medication for diabetes and high blood pressure but at dramatically reduced dosages and my levels are now normal. My goal is to eventually control everything with just diet and exercise. Also, after doing KPC for many weeks, I began TaeKwonDo training and loved it and I am currently training for and hope to receive my Black Belt in December. I pre-ordered some of the hardcore series (LOWMAX,IMAX3 and KICKMAX) and am loving the workouts but struggling with the intensity and choreography but know that if I stick with it, I will be able to do those too. I just have to remember that for me to live, QUITTING IS NOT AN OPTION! Sorry to be so wordy but I just wanted to share my experience.

Hi Fitguy!

What a wonderful story of your hard work! It's great to hear about people who turn their lives around when given bad medical news, rather than giving up and resigning oneself to poor health. I'm sorry about your father, but I am happy you are working to overcome those same issues.

Cathe is the best on the market and stories like yours keep me on the road to success too!

Take care!

Thanks for sharing your story fitguy! You are an inspiration! So glad to hear that you found Cathe but most important found your way back to a healthy lifestyle! My father died of complications resulting from diabetes so I commend you for making the commitment to take care of yourself. Good luck on your continued health and fitness journey and here's to your continued success! :) :) :)

Jo

Thank you so much for sharing your story. If it were three paragraphs longer I still would have appreciate it. I am so proud of you for not giving up, unlike some healthy people I know. I commend you big time on your consistency, and yes Cathe is an awesome person. I would love to meet her and the crew one day.

Continue doing your thing:+ .

http://www.PictureTrail.com/haydee1

Haydee

Thanks for sharing your story. I am encouraged to see that men love Cathe's workouts too! I am going to show my husband what you have written. He also has diabtetes. I have just discoveres Cathe last fall. I have been on Weight watchers for a little over a year. I have lost 54 lbs total and am under 200 for the first time in 15 years. I am 49. I had plateaued all summer. Cathe got my metabolism going again and I am losing again. Good luck to you!
Don't ride faster than your guardian angel.

Congrats! You have really turned your life around and make some awesome improvements, I love hearing how people have over come obsticles and accomplished their goal. Thank you for sharing I do hope this inspires others that they can achieve what they want if they try and work hard, they don't have to take the easy way out and just pop pills and just say there's nothing I can do about it. Then don't even try to fix themselves.

Keep on going the body is a very wonderful and mysterious thing. And don't give up hope you may end up off those blood pressure pills yet. As I no longer believe in limits for the body, it can do anything it wants to, including healing itself of all sorts of things.

Again, Congrats, and I wish you the best in life.

Kit

Wow Fitguy! You really put a lot of things in perspective, such as eating properly and consistent exercising. It's great that you didn't just accept your illness, you fought it! Thanks for sharing your story.
Susan C.M.
Nothing should be jiggling, unless it's jiggling off. - Cathe in HSC

Just wanted to thank everyone for their encouragement. Well, I am still working out and still on track to receive black belt in taekwondo in December(I am currently a purple belt). I love the new hardcore series and am looking forward to the next series.

Great story. Good for you. Hey, I am going to be 45 this May also. I remember when that used to sound so old to me and I thought 45 meant flabby and worn out. Not so!

I participated in our regional taekwondo torunament this weekend and am proud to report that I won 1st place the Men's(over 35 years Old) Purple Belt Championship in both traditional forms and free sparring. I owe it all to my conditioning from the Cathe video's, fitness advice from this forum and the motivation that I get from you all daily. Thanks a bunch!!!

Congatulations! It was really you that did it, though. It was your hard work, your dedication, your perserverance, your accomplshments! Don't let anyone else take credit for your hard work, you earned all the kudos you can get! You are someone for us to look up to.

Keep workin'
Missy

Great job~ I also think it's great to see some men using Cathe's workouts. It is also inspring to see stories like yours! It's not always about the weight/looks, but it's also about how you feel and your health and you are doing great things for your body, but reducing the amount of meds you need! Good for you! Keep up the good work!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.