What can I sub for the 5 mile run?

NicoleP

Cathlete
I am currently doing Cathes August rotation and I see Mon. calls for 5 mile run. What can I sub the running with??? Any ideas?? Thank you a head of time:D

~Nicole

Since running is cardio and heavy duty leg workout, consider doing Circuit Max with a difference.

Instead of doing the compound upper body moves as Cathe does, use those 2 minutes to pump out, alternatively, squats, plie squats, lunges, lunges onto and off step as in CTX Power Circuit, and step ups. This will totally fatigue the lower body, in fact, probably more than the 5 mile run to someone accustomed to running.

This is the only way I ever do Circuit Max and it's the cardio workout that gives me the most sense of accomplishment when I'm done, more so than the Imaxes.

Give it a whirl!

Clare

Hi Nicole. I do not run, unless someone was chasing me of course..lol.

So, since Monday is a 5 mile run, and that seems pretty intense to me, I am going to sub the IMAX Extreme workout that is on the Terminator dvd. IMAX Extreme in one brutul cardio workout!

Nicole,
I absolutely don't like to run....probably because I always feel like a hamster on a treadmill. I was desparately looking on the forum for alternatives....hey, any way out would do. I actually did the 5 mile run today and it wasn't so bad. I'm sure I will not add it as a weekly event (LOL), but honestly, I feel good that I did it;-) and you might too.

Robin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.