What are Yummy tasting Protein mixes...

jtlane25

Cathlete
Can someone PLEASE give me advice on a good tasting Protein shakes and where to get them. Taste and texture are HUGE factors. Otherwise...I won't and can't chug it down. Please HELP!

C H O C O L A T E!!!

and I wont give you the brand I use because you can properly only get it "down under" but

C H O C O L A T E!!!!

Marion

You have to stay in shape. My Grandmother started walking when she was 60. Today she is 97 and we don't know where the hell she is! - Ellen DeGeneres

I have recently discovered a decent tasting protein mix. i blend it with 7 oz water and 2 ice cubes, but i think i will do a bit less water b/c it tastes too watered for me. It is called WHEY PROTEIN. it comes in a black big plastic jar. It costs around $15.99 i think. the texture is equivalent to a slim fast shake or ensure or something like that. It would probably be better with mile, but i'm allergic so there goes that option!

hope you find one you like

jes:D

oops, i forgot, i got it at the health store. Discount Nutrition. I am sure any health store would have it though.

musclemilk protein powder is deeee-licious and comes in a bunch of different flavors (chocolate, strawberry, cookies and creme, etc.) its prolly the best protein shake i've ever tasted. you can find it at GNC.

I use chocolate MetRx for about 10 years now. I love the meal replacement shake. Just add some water and blend and you get a thick shake thats yummy too.

I really like Optimum Nutritions Whey protein powder. All of the flavors are good IMO. I usually mix it with skim milk, but it can be mixed with water too. The consistancy is pretty smooth unless I add fruit or peanut butter. I usually buy it at www.bodyconcept.com.

HTH
Aila

I've only found a few that I can drink without puking! I alternate btwn MetRx chocolate and the ready to drink EAS Low Carb drinks (in a silver container). Of the EAS, strawberry is my favorite.

I forgot to say that mine is Vanilla Ice Cream flavored and only 2 carbs/serving with 110 calories. It is simply for protein. Not a meal replacement. and i meant to say milk not mile. oopps!

jes:+

I used Myoplex Lite. The best flavor is Banana Cream Pie...vanilla cream, pina colada and orange delite are good too!

I used to use Myoplex until I found out it was sweetened with aspartame. No more of that!

I've used Figure 8, and it's good. It reminds me of Myoplex, without the aspartame. I've had a bunch of digestive issues here in the past few months and stopped using it right after I started it because I didn't want to aggravate my digestive system more than it already was. But now I think I'm ready to get back into it.

I've also been looking at Whey Protein. I tried this once before and it really gave me problems, but that was years ago. I understand they've modified the formula so that it's more body-friendly...and I won't be using as much in one serving as I used to. And it looks like there are several different flavors to choose from.

I drink Lee Labrada's low carb MRPs. Vanilla. They have a thinner consistency than most I've tried, and I can chug it down in a few gulps. One 16oz serving has 42g of protein and only 12 g of carbs. I also find that a little swig of vanilla extract or some fresh fruit helps the taste too. At night a little shot of bicardi can't hurt either. ;-)

Also, I have a cookbook called Stella's Kitchen which is a great cookbook for exercise enthusiasts - it has about about 15 protein shake recipes...like Iced Mocha Shake, The Hulk, Cinnamon Roll, Peanut Butter Cup shake and many others. My boyfriend bought my copy from amazon a couple of years ago. If any of these sound interesting, just let me know and I'll be happy to post the recipe.

Joy

I also use the Whey protein shake. It has Whey big across the huge bottle, so I assume that's the name for it. I buy the vanilla, only 'cause you can blend it with frozen berries & soy milk, ground flax seed & raw oats. I love this stuff. So I can have a blueberry shake or a strawberry or a rasberrie shake. Delicious! I have also seen peanut butter, coconut & other flavors.

Marla:9

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.