What Are Your Quirks?

Here's a weird one for you (and an exasperating one for my dear companion):

FORGET LETTERMAN AND LENO! I fall asleep practically every night while watching an exercise video. In fact, I usually can't fall asleep without watching one. Usually it's a newly acquired tape I want to preview, or an oldie I need to review, but sometimes it's just a favorite. Sometimes I barely make it through the warmup before the snores start. Thank goodness for auto-rewind!

Of course, you'll often catch me yawning while doing the workout the next day!

Great thread-thanks!

Laura

Here's a weird one for you (and an exasperating one for my dear companion):

FORGET LETTERMAN AND LENO! I fall asleep practically every night while watching an exercise video. In fact, I usually can't fall asleep without watching one. Usually it's a newly acquired tape I want to preview, or an oldie I need to review, but sometimes it's just a favorite. Sometimes I barely make it through the warmup before the snores start. Thank goodness for auto-rewind!

Of course, you'll often catch me yawning while doing the workout the next day!

Great thread-thanks!

Laura

1. Rude people!!!!!! I live in a tourist area were many New Yorkers come and the biggest complaint of all "US" locals is the rudeness.

2. I dislike people who have no considerations of others or forget their manners.

I won't mention anything that my husbands does that drives me banannas. That list is too long!!:) KB

Top 30 quirks

1. I HATE the smell of chewing gum - it makes me feel sick!

2. I cannot bear the sound of someone actually chewing gum either

3. I loathe the sight of chewed gum stuck onto anything

4. The smell and taste of mint makes me sick and I often wretch when brushing my teeth

5. I am absolutely petrified of dogs!

6. I never wear trousers in the house, just a t-shirt and thongs (!!) This delights my DH but makes my SIL (currently living with us indefinitely) very uncomfortable……good!

7. I often ignore the phone ringing in the evenings after work as I can hardly bear to talk - if I pick up the phone, I’ll pretend I was asleep and have been woken up by the call! That gets whoever it is off the phone pronto!

8. I get very upset when DH uses my cuddly toys as pillows :-(

9. I get even more upset if DH drinks loudly then belches, just to irritate me

10. When DH farts and pretends it was me I go ballistic and wish I’d never married him!

11. I cannot bear the smell or sight of cigarette smoke

12. It drives me crazy when friends are late meeting me

13. I like to have soft lighting on at home and feel too “exposed” in harsh light

14. I hate it when I’m eating and someone asks me a question just as I’ve put another spoonful in my mouth - I just chew slowly and make them wait and wait……

15. I am absolutely petrified of injections/blood tests - my DH often has to hold me down whilst the doctor takes blood. It’s not the pain of the needle going in, just the thought of it that’s so awful

16. I hate it if anyone brushes past me, even by mistake

17. I am scared xxxxless of rodents in general - shudder….

18. I have a real fear of pigeons (and there are many of those in London) and am afraid that I will become their next “target”

19. I hate anyone except my DH seeing me without make up, ever since my little cousins once stayed the night with us and said my “face changed” first thing in the morning…..and they looked really shocked as they said it :-( My SIL also gave me a double take the first time she saw me without make up on - I felt like hitting her!

20. I too get upset by the way people drive, especially when they see my little car and try bullying me on the road :-( It drives me nuts

21. I also get very upset if I think someone doesn’t like me - even if I don’t particularly like them!

22. When I’m at work, I will type emails/ forum posts offline so that I can then quickly post online

23. I am deeply superstitious about sharing good news and often feel that my good fortune is jinxed by telling too many people

24. I am obsessed with finding ways of getting to work every day in less than an hour - I was on track for 40 mins today until I ran into some unexpected traffic - I was very upset

25. I am neurotic with my boss and am convinced that every time he wants to see me, I’m either going to get told off or lose my job!

26. I love my mother dearly but find myself often switching off when I’m talking to her because everything’s a drama and she goes into far too much detail

27. I will often call someone when I know they’ll be out - I just want to leave a message rather than actually talk to them !

28. I get very irritated by people who procrastinate and have to stop myself hitting them

29. I often finish people’s sentences - I know, a bad habit. But I seem to know what they’re going to say before they say it…..

30. I can’t think of anymore but wanted a round number! Hey - that’s another quirk!

Fun, fun thread!

Your friend in fitness, Fitnik

>And, this one is really gross
>and the only reason I'm
>writing it is because I
>can't see your faces:
>
>When I pick my nose (oh,
>please, like you don't? :D)
>it takes every fiber of
>my being to get a
>tissue or kleenex. I
>usually rub it on whatever
>paper is near me.
>I used to use DH's
>paper, but once used his
>Sports section and he had
>a cow, so I don't
>do that anymore.
>
>So, after the above confession, if
>no one ever replies to
>my posts ever again, I
>will understand.

That is hilarious!!! I admire you for having the honesty to confess to this. I don't think any of us are above picking our noses.

RE: Top 30 quirks

1. I cannot stand it when newcasters mix the words "between" and "among". Aren't they supposed to go to some sort of class in college to differentiate the two?

2. I hate frogs. The little mutant-y things scare me to death, much to the amusement of wy wife.

3. I wear Hawaiian shirts every day

4. The only chips allowed in our house are the Tostitos, Hint of Lime Tortilla chips.

5. I find the word "gum" to be the weirdest sounding word ever created (Say it to yourself about a dozen times).

6. I will not see a movie if Roger Ebert thinks it is crap.

7. I hate, hate, hate, hate actors Freddie Prinze, Jr. and Kevin Costner.

8. I despise people who insist on playing music with the bass turned all the way up.

9. I have to watch M*A*S*H every time it comes on FX.

10. I have become an avid viewer of "Buffy, the Vampire Slayer"

11. Turtles freak me out.

12. I have made it a goal to find all "Calvin and Hobbes" merchandise and purchase at least one.

13. I cringe/get pissed every time the phone in the house rings.

14. My favorite show on TV is "Blue's Clues"

15. Harsh light makes me very irritable and makes me want to punch someone.

16. I hate colds. Is there a purpose to these things? Why were they "made"? I suppose in the big scheme of things. even freaky looking bugs have a point, but colds are just there to piss you off and make you miserable.

17. I despise Puff Daddy/P. Diddy as he is an embarrasment to music. It's called originality, Speedy. You might want to try it.

18. I cannot eat turkey for Thanksgiving.

19. I love the stories that users call me up about. I work in the IT field and some of the problems they have are uproarious. If anyone here works with computers and at a help desk, you know what I'm talking about.

20. I must have Neccos candy in the house at all times. That and Black Jack gum. Or Clove gum.

RE: I admit to Buffy too

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON May-22-02 AT 10:08PM (Est)[/font][p]I also like watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer and, in fact, I am going to sit down with my kids tonight and watch the season finale that I taped yesterday. :)

Kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.