What Are Your Quirks?

I think we all have quirks for sure, lets see if I can remember mine:
1.I hate dish water left in the sink..cause then you have to put your hand in the cold water to let the plug out.
2.I also make my husband order the fries.
3.I also wait to see what everyone else is eating before I order.
4.I go to tim hortons as soon as I get out of bed
5.I pick the dead skin off of my lips.
6.I pick the hairs out of my big toe with an eyebrow tweezer...yes it is true.
7.Im always thinking about food,we don't have a good relationship.
8.When my friends and I go out clubbing..we usually spend most of the night grabbing each others boobs.
9.I am very afraid of old people with their minds gone.
10.When my husband goes away I have to sleep with the lights and t.v on.
11.I never answer the phone.
12.I eat more candy then i do meals
13.and i think i am fat when i am not...or is that all of us...
Have a good day everyone,
Lori

1.I hate dish water left in the sink..cause then you have to put your hand in the cold water to let the plug out.
8.When my friends and I go out clubbing..we usually spend most of the night grabbing each others boobs.
Lori

Lori

This thread is too interesting. I just spent forever reading it! I hope I can come up with some that are just as interesting:

1.) The toilet paper must come over the top of the roll. I have been known to change it in bathrooms that don't belong to me.

2.) No shoes in the entire house. I can't stand to vacuum and mop, and I think it preserves the carpet longer. Too bad I can't ask adult guests to remove their shoes, but it IS rude, isn't it?

3.) I can't stand background noise when I'm home alone. I don't have any music or TV on if I'm alone, unless I want to actually watch TV. I think it's because I want to hear if people come home or walk in on me.

4.) I record my weight, monthly cycle day and workout EVERY day.

5.) And for the weirdest one, I literally SEE everything I say or other people say in print, in my head. If I can't spell a word that I hear, I go nuts until I look it up. I never use a word that I can't spell. Strange, huh?

Sandi M

Wow, Sandi M, you and I have a lot in common. I didn't even think of those quirks until you posted them, but I share several of them!

When someone says "tree" I don't see an actual tree, I see the word tree. I also MUST know how things are spelled! Otherwise it can't find a permanent spot in my memory bank.

AHHHHH! It's great to know that we all have our unique little obsessions! Here are mine:

*I, too, have a number-color association: odd numbers are cool colors and even numbers are warm colors... I hate even numbers.

*I carry floss with me EVERYWHERE in fear of something between my teeth.

*I must steep my tea for 8 minutes... (I set the timer!)

*I call the doctor for an appointment ASAP if I get even the SLIGHTEST feeling that I'm getting sick.

*I have an unexplainable fear of squirrels.

*I set 2 alarms to wake me in the morning... one that plugs into the wall, and one that runs on batteries... hey, what if the power goes out? :0)

Cherylnb, thank goodness there is someone else out there! I tell people about this and noone understands it. I guess our memory banks require alphabetical ordered entries for data retrieval! I am also very fast at scanning a page for a particular word or pattern. I don't really read anything; I just search. At the airport, people are amazed at how I can find my flight on the departure/arrival boards in less than a second or two.

Mogambo and Sarah, I've heard of people that relate numbers with colors. I even read an article about it in The Washington Post magazine recently. I think some people relate letters to colors, and months to colors, etc., too. Are you artists or something like that?

Sandi M

Oh, since we're going inside our heads...I see the calender year month by month in a circle. Not a verticle circle, but a flat one and I move around it so I can see all the months. Fall months are on the north side, Winter on the east side, Spring on the south side and Summer on the west. It's the only way I can compute the calender year. Whatever month we are in, that's where I 'go'. How's that for weird?

Robin http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/flower.gif

HOLY COW Robin--I do EXACTLY the same thing! :-wow
I have always seen the calendar year as a circle in my head, and I just realized while reading your post that I, too, have fall to the north, etc! I was just trying to explain this to my sister recently and she had no idea what I was talking about. Too funny. Weeks are straight, but the calendar is definitely a horizontal circle.
Lisa

I'm glad to know I am not the "quirkiest" person in the world now. I read magazines and newspapers from the back page to the front. I will scan the articles like that too especially if I don't have time to read the whole article. I guess I figure if the end sounds interesting I'll go back to the beginning and start from there. I've always thought it was a strange thing to do but I still do it! Know what? Quirks make us interesting!

Hey you guys, when Cathe gets back...

She may, in her always polite and sweet way, ask all of us closet wackos to exit the Forums, stage left. :) Do y'all think the "outside world" would consider us a normal group??? ;-)

Kathy S.

RE: Hey you guys, when Cathe gets back...

no, she won't throw us out. we all share the state of womanhood. Quirky. :-cool

hey everyone......i gotta tell you this...
i have got one of those daily calendars w/sayings on them for each day....today it says..BE a little quirky!!!!!Good timing,huh?!!

Oh, my, goodness!!!! I am just laughing SO HARD!!!! I thought I was a nut.

Donna (gettinfit@38) - really laughed out loud about your "red/white/blue" rule. That is HYSTERICAL.

srmohler (Sandi) - Actually, don't you think no shoes inside the house makes perfect sense? My hardwood floors are pristine because we go shoeless inside the house (I'm also Asian). I'd much rather have your feet on my floors than lord-knows-what-you've-stepped-in shoes.

I share a lot of what's already been confessed, but here's a few I haven't seen:

1. I MUST have syrup with my breakfast sausages - absolutely, positively cannot touch them otherwise.

2. People who say "Where is it at," should be given grammar tickets. This drives me NUTS!!!

3. I cannot work out if DH is in the same room, but I'm okay if the kiddies are around.

4. If I don't like the way I've written a number in my checkbook, I will white it out (yes, that's right) and re-write it.

5. Missing puzzle pieces/toy pieces drive me bonkers. I once dug into the vacuum bag to retrieve a piece it had sucked up.

6. When my DH sits in the TV room with toys scattered everywhere, I want to beat him with a stuffed animal. How can you sit there among all the clutter???

7. Live fish gross me out and I can't stand looking at them in tanks. I think it's those lidless eyes.

And, this one is really gross and the only reason I'm writing it is because I can't see your faces:

When I pick my nose (oh, please, like you don't? :D) it takes every fiber of my being to get a tissue or kleenex. I usually rub it on whatever paper is near me. I used to use DH's paper, but once used his Sports section and he had a cow, so I don't do that anymore.

So, after the above confession, if no one ever replies to my posts ever again, I will understand.

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.