What Are Your Quirks?

I'm sure I have several quirks but I will mention just a few off the top of my head.

1. I cannot sleep unless the covers are straight and my pillows have to be arranged just so.

2. I have to sleep on the side of the bed that is the greatest distance from the door. I have no particular side of the bed that I have to sleep on but it has to be away from the door.

3. I have to walk around while I brush my teeth. Cannot stand still to save my life. My husband thought this was a little strange when we first got married but he has gotten use to it. I just walk all through the house

4. I absolutely cannot stand to have my hands or feet dirty. Drives me crazy. They occasionally do get dirty when I work outside but I have to wash them immediately when I get in the house. I wash my hands a thousand times when I am cooking.

5. My weights on my weight rack have to be lined up in order, from 5's on up to my 25's and the weight number has to be facing upward.

6. When I turn the water on to wash my face or whatever I turn on the hot water, always! Don't know why, just do. The only time I will use the cold water is when the hot gets too hot. That sounds weird even to me!

Well, we will just leave it at these few!!! :)

Kelly http://www.sgtfuzzbubble99.homestead.com/files/Smilies/De_Niro/eeyore.gif

Note: this is not the real Sonnenschein writing, I'm her daughter, but I'm not sure how to change the name thingie. You can call me Sonnenblume.

1. I have to eat my food in order: a bite of each thing in turn, generally going counterclockwise around the plate, then a sip of my drink, repeated till I'm finished.

2. I'm afraid of caterpillars, but I love spiders. I also don't get along with electrical kitchen appliances.

3. I'm 19 years old and I still call my parents "Mommy" and "Daddy" (does that count as a quirk?)

4. I always want to buy things when I don't have enough money, but if I have a lot saved up and nothing to spend it on, I prefer to window shop.

5. Sometimes I have to do long division or geometry problems in my head to get to sleep at night.

6. I almost always feel really revved up and ready for my workout *after* I've already done it and my shower and don't want to get all sweaty again.

7. I eat my M&Ms two at a time so I can chew one in each side of my mouth.

I'll add more as they come to mind.

Ha! We're a bunch of nuts! Most of mine have already been mentioned, but here are a few more:

1. The pillowcases have to be oriented with the opening facing the outside of the bed, or I cannot sleep on them.

2. I also have to have the covers covering my mouth and ears. Also, my feet cannot be exposed to air while sleeping. All of the covers must be tucked into the bottom of the bed.

3. I have to start ascending a flight of stairs with my left foot (non-dominant side), so, in case there is an odd number of stairs, my left leg will be worked more than my right leg (for balance). I have done this for over half my life.

4. I used to do things (e.g., tap my fingers, say certain words) either 3, 5, or 7 times.

5. Probably the quirk that will most likely get me institutionalized is that I have calculated my "ideal BMI and body weight" based arbitrarily on the BMI of a college basketball coach (I am a big fan of college hoops) with whom I am mildly obsessed. I sat down with his height and weight, converted them to kilograms and meters, and calculated his BMI to be 22.49838247. I then plugged my own height to derive my "ideal" weight.

6. I have to have my workout videos arranged in chronological order. I also have to track, to the minute, how long I work out every week.

7. I also have to eat everthing on my plate one item at a time. Vegetables first, then carbs, then protein. Protein always comes last.

I think that's about all I'm willing to admit to right now. :)

Holly

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON May-10-02 AT 07:46PM (Est)[/font][p]1. I can't justify ordering soup or appetizers at a restaurant. Why people, why?
2. Large ships or barges scare the crap out of me.
3. If my bill comes to $6.66 I make the cashier add something or take something off so it comes to a different amount.
4. When I am at a metered entrance ramp, I can't stand to have the cars behind me think I am looking directly at it so I stare ahead and watch the light with my peripheral vision.
5. I hate thermal blankets with the satin trim.
6. Sometimes I tell people my real name is Jillian even though it says Jill on my birth certificate.
7. The smell of anything burning makes me want to vomit.
8. I have lived in MN, land of 10,000 lakes, my entire life, and can't ice skate or swim.
9. The backs of peoples knees freak me out.
10. If you have hairy toes and are wearing sandles or no shoes at all, I might not look at your feet much.

This Thread is Amazing!!

I've read every word--although I rarely do that.
My oddities are--
the bed MUST be made every day--if I'm out on a business trip and come home to find it un-made by DH, I get in an immediate lousy mood.

My workout wear (even though I workout at home, alone) MUST MATCH--including my sweatband.

When a jar of peanuts is open, I tell myself I will eat only the Whole peanuts on the top--no halves or broken ones--and will NOT shake the jar to get at more whole ones. I tend to count how many whole peanuts I eat this way, too--and I like to eat 10 (as a round number.)
ha-ha--isn't this funny?? I have enjoyed reading this stuff!! Murph

RE: Great thread

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON May-10-02 AT 09:55PM (Est)[/font][p]I didn't jump into this earlier because I knew had them but could not think of them. Well, laughing can revive one's memory I suppose. Here goes:

1. In movies or on TV, it bugs me when people come in a door and the door never gets closed and we never set it get closed and I KNOW it is not closed;

2. I have always hated the word blouse. If I am wearing it, it is a shirt;

3. I like to walk on the left of people no matter who it is;

4. I like sound, whether it be the radio, tv, music, etc. in the background;

5. I check out my muscles in the mirror all time and flex them and look at the striations in the shoulder and just generally like them, provided, of course, that I am having a "good mirror" day;

6. I want details in stories people tell. I always say "tell me EXACTLY what so and so said;

7. I correct people's grammar and the phrase "I seen" absolutely sends me. It is I have seen or I saw but never I seen;

8. I chew cinnamon Trident while I am working out;

9. I hate ruffles or lace, big bows in hair, flouncy sleeves, scarves around necks or big bow type ties around collars;

10. I HATE POLKADOTS. Hate em. The bigger they are, the more I hate them. Yuck.

That's probably all the information anyone really wants about me.

I have tons more I am sure.

Kim

Great thread!

Thanks for all the laughs! Guess I'm normal after all! (OR, are we???) Tee-Hee!

1. I HAVE to shave my legs EVERY day! If I don't, the hairs are an INCH long the next day!:-wow

2. I have to wear make-up and a co-ordinated outfit every time I go to teach a class. Nail polish too! They have never seen me w/o make-up. THANK HEAVEN'S!

3. Agreeing with the other poster~My pillowcase openings HAVE to face the outside of the bed.

4. I never drink with food in my mouth. I agree, that is disgusting.

5. My videos are all arranged by instructor with my Cathe vids being at the top since I use them the most.

6. I can't stand flannel sheets.

7. I should NEVER buy potato chips, because I can eat a half of a bag (okay a WHOLE BAG) in one sitting!

8. I eat my least favorite color of M&M's (the peanut variety) first and save the pretty colors for last. (RED, ORANGE & now, BLUE!)

9. I either bug my eyes or close them for pix! What's with that???

10. I "claim" I can't wash all the wooden floor in my workout room due to carpal tunnel, but I NEVER miss doing any exercise with heavy weights. Thanks to my son, it gets cleaned!!!

11. I can't stand thongs and wonder how anyone can wear those things??? I bought a thong leotard years ago, wore it once and never put it on again. Couldn't think of anything the whole time I was working out but getting that thing out of my you know what! YUCK!!!

12. I never, ever go to bed with my make-up on. It gets washed off every night.

13. I can't stand it if I think somone is upset or mad at me. I worry myself silly over it.

14. I try to be nice to each & every person I know or meet! :7

Okay, that's all I can think of for now. Thanks for a great thread!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hey Debbie, about those chips...

Me too, in a huge way -- especially Charles Chips. Anybody else remember those? They came in a giant yellow and brown can and when I was a kid the Charles Chips truck would actually deliver each week? Recently our Kroger had Charles Chips "commemorative" cans, to my astonishment. I bought a can telling myself it was a nostalgia thing that I had to share with my children. Oh yeah, right. Guess who methodically demolished that can of chips over the course of just a couple of days? And my children, who've grown up on low-fat Pringles, thought they were too greasy. Since when can a potato chip be TOO greasy???

Here are a few of the MANY other food items I cannot buy or make, because I will eat ALL of them and I will be unpleasant to anyone in my family who gently attempts to stop me :):

1. Wheat Thins Air Crisps, original flavor (and you talk about puffy eyes & fingers & ankles the next day! Oh my!)

2. Microwave popcorn (I'll eat the whole bag unless I've recruited someone to share it with, and then I'm secretly hoping they don't really want any.)

3. Theater popcorn -- I can hardly believe I'm going to publicly admit this. I have to buy the tub. You know, the one that's so big it should feed a family of four? I don't buy the liquid fake butter. That makes me feel better. But I can, and sometimes do, finish 90% of the tub. Blissfully. I have to do this even if we've just been to dinner before the movie. So when I'm watching my nutrient intake or actively dieting (which is most of the time) we don't see movies at the theater. :) We rent videos and I make do with microwave popcorn (see note above re: that. ;-))

4. Brownies -- I can't make 'em, my kids are deprived. What can I say.

5. M&M's -- any flavor, any color, but especially peanut. If they're in my children's Easter baskets, look out. I'll be foraging in no time.

6. My children's Halloween loot -- I have to sort it and freeze it right away. The boys lose interest after the first-night gorge and maybe a next-day pig-out. Their mama does not.

http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/sport/sport003.gif Kathy S.

1. I can't stand to have my pinky finger touch my ring finger. My boyfriend tries to drive me crazy by holing them together...

2. I HATE the sound of fingernails scraping on denim. If you have an itch and you're wearing jeans, please remove the jeans before scratching!

3. I need something against my back when I am sleeping in the house alone.

4. The sun in my eyes when I am in the passenger seat of a car drives me INSANE. If I'm driving it doesn't bother me.

That's all I can think of right now. :)

Wendy

This thread is very entertaining!

1. I have a bad habit of picking at my lips (sometimes to the point of bleeding - gross I know), especially when I'm anxious, bored, deep in thought, or nervous.

2. I have to drive with the radio on, I sing along to favourite songs, BUT...when there are other people driving close around, I don't move my lips when I sing, or I cover my mouth with one hand while singing, because I'm afraid they'll think I'm talking to myself (paranoid or what!)

3. I have an obsession with buying lipstick, (I own over 30 shades - that's after downsizing), and can't leave the house without wearing it. I even have to wear it before I work out (at home) or just to pick my mood up.

4. I won't wear open toed shoes in public without painting my toenails first.

5. I smell the pages of new books or magazines frequently when reading. I love the smell.

6. Sometimes when working out at home, I pretend I'm the instructor - saying my own cues aloud (pretty scary - my cuing is often too late and wrong - I gain respect for instructors everytime I do this).

7. I always have to choose a chair in a restaurant that faces the crowd (I hate having my back to people - need to see what's going on).

8. I eat dry oatmeal (before it's cooked). I love the taste. (I love it cooked too :))

9. I love watching people...just sitting back with a coffee, and watching people walk by, I get great enjoyment out of this. My husband gets really mad at me, 'cause I have a bad habit of eavesdropping on strangers' conversations. I just find it interesting to see what other people are talking about.

10. I have no problems going out to a matinee movie by myself...some people are mortified at the very thought of this...I don't mind at all - in fact, I enjoy it. (I really do have friends ladies!)

I better stop now, I'm starting to feel like a weirdo - ha ha.

Susan

I split my hair ends when I am bored.

I eat pie filling first and the crust last.

I eat the ice cream out of ice cream cones and throw away the cone.

I mow my lawn every 4 days -- can't stand long grass.

I have many, many more that I don't want to think about right now....

Ha, Kathy!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON May-11-02 AT 03:20PM (Est)[/font][p]We got you beat! We get a large popcorn with EXTRA butter!!(Did I ACTUALLY admit to that??? :-rollen)

One more thing I remembered and forgot to list is that I have ABSOLTELY no sense of direction what-so-ever. If I am in a mall going from store-to-store, I have to look at the stores when I come back out to see which way I was headed. I won't tell you how many times I get lost in a car and that is even after I have been somewhere a 1,000 times!!(I tend to exaggerate at times too!) Talked about getting lost in your own back yard! THAT'S ME!!! :7

Kathy~We used to get the Charles Chips delivered at our front door too! What a treat it was. Did you pronounce them CHARLIE Chips???

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

CHARLIE CHIPS!

Oh my gosh, Debbie -- I'd forgotten, but we sure did call them Charlie Chips! Man, my mouth is watering! :-wow

And listen, I want to tell you that I am feeling SO much better about buying the jumbo tub, now that I know you order it WITH the butter. But what's this stuff about "WE get a large popcorn with extra butter"??? "WE" is not a concept I understand when it comes to popcorn. :D

http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/sport/sport003.gif Kathy S.

I'm enjoying this thread very much!

1. I , like Debbie, get lost terribly easily and when in the mall always have to check the names of stores to make sure I'm still walking in the same direction after leaving one.

2. I am dreadfully afraid of spiders, and on two occasions, living in two different houses, asked the neighbor to come over and please kill one for me.

3. I exaggerate.

4. I have to have coffee every morning.

5. My only trigger food that completely takes control of me is cake batter. Frosting I can deal with, I mean it's too sweet and caloric to even like. But cake batter I have no control over, and I hope I'm making cupcakes so no one will really notice how much is actually missing.

I know I have more but this was all I could think of right now. Great thread!

RE: Hi Susan

I really like watching people too and find that I am constantly doing so. Time alone at airports or restaurants is never boring because of this.

Kim

I think we all have quirks for sure, lets see if I can remember mine:
1.I hate dish water left in the sink..cause then you have to put your hand in the cold water to let the plug out.
2.I also make my husband order the fries.
3.I also wait to see what ever one else is eating before I order.
4.I go to tim hortons as soon as I get out of bed
5.I pick the dead skin off of my lips.
6.I pick the hairs out of my big toe with an eyebrow tweezer...yes it is true.
7.im always thinking about food.
8.When my friends and I go out clubbing..we usually spend most of the night grabbing each others boobs.
That may be about it...but you know what it is probably not.STRANGE BUT TRUE.
Lori

1.I hate dish water left in the sink..cause then you have to put your hand in the cold water to let the plug out.
3.I also wait to see what everyone else is eating before I order.
7.Im always thinking about food,we don't have a good relationship.
8.When my friends and I go out clubbing..we usually spend most of the night grabbing each others boobs.
9.I am very afraid of old people with their minds gone.
10.When my husband goes away I have to sleep with the lights and t.v on.
11.I never answer the phone.
12.I eat more candy then i do meals
13.and i think i am fat when i am not...or is that all of us...
Have a good day everyone,
Lori

Lori

Lori

Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.