What are you reading right now?

I just finished Confessions of a Shopaholic last night. I know, it's fluff, but I needed a light, happy read, because I finished a serious book a couple weeks ago.

I am also reading French Women Don't Get Fat. It took me a long time to finally buy it. I am glad I did. It's not a diet book, it's more of a lifestyle. It's a very entertaining book also. I feel great, and I think I have lost a couple of pounds. :)

I have The End of the Affair by Graham Greene on my nightstand. I will start that this evening.

Lori

Wendy,

I read Wicked a couple years ago for a literary criticism class and LOVED it! It's become one of my all time favorites. Just when you get to the point about the bears....well, it made me cry. ;(

Candi - Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series is a hoot.

Lori - I know what you mean about Shopaholic. Fluffy, but fun. All the others (Shopaholic takes NY, Gets Married etc) are the same, but very enjoyable.

I am reading Running With Angels by Pamela Hansen - it is one woman's very inspirational account of her struggles with obesity and two miscarriages, and how she took charge of her life, joined Weight Watchers, loss 100 lb. (no surgery) and ultimately became a runner and ran a marathon.

It is a very thoughtful and insightful book. LOVE IT!!

http://www.runningwithangels.com

Next on the list is Gold Coast by Nelson DeMille
:7

I just finished A Complicated Kindness by Miriam Toewes (sp?) and am about to start "A Short History of Progress" by Ronald Wright, which is a series of non-fiction essays:

"Each time history repeats itself, so it's said, the price goes up. The twentieth century was a time of runaway growth in human population, consumption, and technology, placing a colossal load on all natural systems, especially earth, air, and water—the very elements of life. The most urgent questions of the twenty-first century are: where will this growth lead? Can it be consolidated or sustained? And what kind of world is our present bequeathing to our future?"

I'm also plowing my way through "A Short History of Nearly Everything" by Bill Bryson, but that one is not an easy read.

Courtney, thank you for that inspirational website. Wow, what an accomplishment. That is amazing. Good for her!!

Lori

Lunacat,

I was enjoying it also...hopefully I will not have to re-read it from the beginning when I finally crack it open again! lol I look forward to reading the part about the bears...I am curious now.

Thanks!:)

Wendy

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

Baby Joey born May 14, 2005 11:19 pm 7 pounds 12 oz 21 inches long.

http://www.PictureTrail.com/wendymin

I am currently reading A Cold Heart - Jonathan Kellerman first time I am reading anything by him - so far so good.

Diane Sue is the Janet Evanovich but the Stephanie Plum series - I love that series and can't wait for that one if it is. I also love anything by Jayne Ann Krentz.

Shawna

Okay, here's my eclectic read--"Mimi and Toutou's Big Adventure." It's about the British Naval Fleet on Lake Tanganyika during World War I. My husband (a military historian) brought it home from the library. He thought I would enjoy it and I have. It's not an academic account at all, it's written in a very accessible way.

I also started "A Short History of Nearly Everything" but I haven't gotten back to it lately.

Next up is "The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency."

1984 by George Orwell

Just finished A Painted House by John Grisham

Re-reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix so I'll be all ready for the July 16th unveiling of Harry Potter and the Half-Blooded Prince

Right now I'm reading James Ellroy's "American Tabloid."

Waiting in the wings are -

"The Perfectionist: Life and Death in Haute Cuisine" (about the three-star Michelin chef who committed suicide in 2003)

"River Town: Two Years on the Yangtze" for my book club meeting next week

And two food books for aspiring vegans/vegetarians, "Food Revolution" and "Mad Cowboy"

I love libraries...

Allison

Briee, I absolutely LOVE Dr. Seuss!! I will never part with my well loved collection, and look forward to grandbabies to share them with. I used to take my kids to the library and get the spanish versions. Just to change it up a bit, but let me tell you, my kids loved it and learned a lot that way.

I am probably the last person on earth who hadn't read it yet, but I just started reading the DaVince Code. It's OK. Maybe because a lot of people were talking about it and trying to get me to read it I was expecting too much.

I finished the first part of Northern Lights by Phhilip Pullman last week (didn't realise it was a trilogy when I bought it), and I actually liked that one better. An easy read.

Dutchie :)

Dutchie, I HATED The DaVinci Code. Loathed, despised, had a face like this x( the whole time I was reading it. I finished it (skimming about 10 pages at a time) because it was a book club book.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.