What about my arms?

jennifercareer

You may find this very had to believe, but if I wouldn't have been recording my own measurements self, I wouldn't have believed it either. I'm still losing my baby weight. I'm 8 mo pp and have lost 40 lbs. 15 more to go. I've been recording my measurements, that way I can see my results, even if I don't see them on the scale. So after 40 lbs.......I still haven't lost even as much as a 1/4" in my arms. What's going on?? Why haven't I lost ANYTHING in my arms? They are as fat as they were 8 months and 40 lbs ago. Any suggestions on how to lose? I've got nearly 2" to go before I'm at my old size.

I think we all have areas where we collect a little extra padding, and those areas are usually the last to go. I'm in good shape, yet my upper arms still hang on to a little extra fat. I like to joke that this is the stuff that will keep me alive in the event of a worldwide famine.

Congratulations on the 40 lbs! :eek: I know it's hard, but try not to worry about specific areas of your body and instead look at the whole picture. It sounds like you are doing great!

Oh gosh, be happy about the 40 lbs! That is a huge accomplishment & something to be proud of! :)

The guns will come, just be patient. 40 lbs in 8 months is amazing. Give it another 4 & see how things go before you start to fret about it.

They will come I have lost 80 pounds (gained back 5) and they started to get slimmer around pound 79. Keep in mind I was very obese (256 at 5'2") so I had a lot of weight to lose.

With my first baby, all my extra weight went to my lower half. With my second baby, my butt and legs didn't look bigger, but my arms did. It's weird how fat shifts to new places. Keep trying and those arms will come around!:D

dani

I think everyone's body responds differently to weight loss. I lost 30 lbs before I went down a pant size!! It came off everywhere face, chest, arms. It will happen you need to be patient. (of course easier said than done) I was very frustrated!! Although the next 10 lbs I lost another 2 pants size. You never know.
good luck and congratulations!!

chrissy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.