What a neat surprise on QVC this morning

dsmiller!

Are we NUTS ordering something we don't even know how it works! YES...BUT, I'm sooo excited! Hopefully, Franci will pop in here soon.
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Dani!

You're welcome! You are too funny. A B&TR= Bun & Thigh Rocker which is a great piece of equipment. I am pretty sure they have been discontinued but if you decide you want one, you could always check E-bay or other Internet sites. They usually have them. Here is a pix of one:

http://www.epinions.com/sprt-All-Exercise_Equipment-Body_By_Jake_Bun___Thigh_Rocker

As far as the BOSU, that is on my wishlist too! Am I a spoiled brat or what? I want it all! I know Diane Sue(WD) or is it Cheryl (with 10 kids!!!!) has one. Maybe they can answer for you. Oh, I think Francine has one too. I want one!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hi fitness friends,

Thanks for the kind words ;-) You are all too sweet!!
I'll answer any and all questions you have for this product!Just Shoot away!

The Top ten trainer was originally created for women and their top ten trouble spots: butt,thighs:inner/outter,chest,back,shoulders,biceps triceps,abs,calves(a woman to woman decal is on my trainer and the video that came with it is also called woman to woman-a 30 min total body workout)

To give you a better understanding of this product and what exercises it does I'll tell you and show you how each exercise works! (I'll try my best to take pics on Monday for you all and I'll put them in my picture trail link!)

This is such a cinch to use, all you do is pop a pin move it to the bodypart you want to work and maybe adjust the dial if you have to! Everything is smack dab on the machine! Theres a huge dial(like a clock)that has all the info on it! It will say the exercise and have a letter next to it A,B or C(this is when you have to adjust the lever to a certain length) So Picture a wheel with a pin, you want to go to right inner thigh B, you pull the pin move it to innerthigh B and B is the length(if you have long or shorter levers you just adjust it where your range is it's that simple) I'll give you the exercises going left to right on the machine( I wish I could draw the wheel for the exact set up, but you get the idea!)
towards the left-* right inner thigh B, shoulders B,* center has 4 exercises Outter thigh B,Leg Press B, Abs B, Butt C, slightly on the right *Chest B, BicepsB, lil more on the right left inner thigh B,overhead tricepB,about 5 oclock Tricep pushdownB, lat pulldownB, *about 7oclockleft lat pulldownB,upperbackB then calves are done standing holding on to TTT!
Is it worth the price on QVC, ABSOLUTELY! This is a great price, I got my $$$ worth and still have it and use it, so it was definielty a great investment for me! IMHO this is a perfect TONING machine!If you are looking to build muscle than I'd recommend buying the machines that use weight plates as resistance ! TTT uses resistance bands only! It will definielty tone you up and is great for unilateral training! The way it is set up you are working one side at a time alot(I'll sometimes use my TTT(after a 30 min cardio) and go from left to right and pump out 2 sets of 16 of each exercise doing one side at a time)It's a no brainer and a full workout!

I highly recommend this for someone who wants to compliment their existing weight training program, someone who wants to maintain their fitness level,someone who wants to add Xtra toning to certain bodyparts), someone new to resistance and someone working there way back from an injury!

As for the best time to buy this, Qvc will have the lowest price and I recommend either locking into the waitlist, or keep an eye out on the program guide when Brenda will be back because when they are on air they are usually 10 to $20 cheaper(sometimes shipping is free - but you never know when that is unfortunately til you tune in)

Hope this helped in your decision making(don't want to see someone buy this if it doesn't suit your goals or needs(so think about it before you buy it)For me it has been a Great investment!Who knew 12 years later that I'd be training clients on it ;-)

I'm gonna post this and see if I missed any questions, I may be back on}(

PS If you have any other Q's shoot away!

This is not a space hog, how could I forget to write that!
If you have limited space and are looking for an exercise machine that mimicks various gym equipment ,than this is your "toning" machine! Not for the Hardcore lifter(who wants an INTENSE workout) unless you are looking for "something different" in your training!
I Don't want to be misleading with anything but this is definitely a Great toning apparatus!
HTH ;-)

Okay, you TOTALLY convinced me I made the right choice putting my name on the wait list! Now...the W-A-I-T begins! Thanks Francine, that helps a lot. I'm sure I'll have more questions later. Thank you for always being so very informative. It truly helps.

Which machine is a better buy--if you can get it--the BTR or the TTT? By a "better buy", I mean which is most effective? I realize the BTR would be a lower body workout, but on EBAY they also have an upper body attachment for the BTR on auction. I'm pondering. I can still cancel my TTT waitlist. I'm mostly interested in the lower body toning. HELP!!

Not sure what to tell you as I don't have my TTT yet, but I do love the B&TR. When I used it faithfully, I got great results especially with my cellulite problem. I also was doing my Hi/Lo classes and my Cathe tapes to finally see some results. Hmmm, need to get back on that thing. (Still nursing a ham injury!) I am hoping that they compliment each other as I am sure they will. Francine has both. I'll keep you posted and you, me!!!

I love your " . . . I hope you dance." Wish I could find some dance classes and start dancing again. Do you take any dance classes?

Well, if you count exercise dance rotuines choreographed to music, "DANCING", I teach them! Ha! I teach Hi/Lo classes and sometimes we feel like we're dancin! http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/party/party-smiley-020.gif[/img]

Yes, that counts, but what I was referring to was ballroom, tap, modern/jazz or ballet. I've taken several years of ballroom (not for the past 3 though--no partner and live in a different part of the country now), one class of modern/jazz dancing, and several tap classes. Hi/lo is the closest I get to dancing anymore, and I miss it a lot. Don't know if my knee could handle it now anyway. Just wondering.

If you just want lower body toning with more of a resistance than I would recommend checking into this for thighs and butt(it does more but I don't know what, maybe Liz will pop in cause she has this)http://www.yukon-fitness.com/prodinfo.asp?number=BTS-164&variation=&aitem=7&mitem=9
(this link is to get a better price they say they beat any online price and match it by 10 % if this is what you are looking for in a machine that suits your needs http://bestbuyfitness.webdirectbrands.com/product.asp?intProdID=262
Since I know you are looking for just lowerbody toning-the above will interest you, the BTR I love since I use it for alot of videos that do squats without having the weight on my shoulders) And the TTT is a sentimetnal favorite, i had it for soo long and it has soo many features that are great for TONING!I'm soo happy to see this back!
Really take your time on your purchase if you are unsure of anything, see if someone on the forum near you has a certain piece of equipment and maybe you can go and check it out first!
HTH;)

O.K., sorry to be such a pest, but how does this Butt and Thigh Shaper compare to the Top Ten Trainer? It looks fairly similar, and yet it looks like it does more.

Oh, I am so confused!!x(

Also Francine, what do you think of the BOSU? It looks like something I could break my neck on....yet it gets such amazing reviews. I only wish I could check one out live! How does it differ from a regular step? Is there anywhere online that shows a workout video with the video clips like Cathe shows for her vids? Truthfully, that is what sold me on Cathe, being able to SEE the challenge of her routines, and not just read about them.

Thanks for the information. I have a problem with loading up my shoulders, too, and could handle more weight on my legs than my shoulders will allow. Enjoyed using the leg machines when I was doing knee physical therapy after my surgery, but I just never looked into what might be a good buy for me and kept on with the barbell on the shoulders (or sometimes dumbbells) for squats. There are so many machines out there that it gets confusing quickly. That's why I was really interested in your postings. Thanks again.

Thank you both for all your information and going the extra mile to help us fence-sitters out. I'm waiting for Francine to try out the BTS as a comparison. Hope the TTT doesn't show up at my door first, but if it does, I'm sure I'll love it. Just want to get the one that best fits my needs. The weight option on the BTS sounds awfully tempting, but the assembly part scares me a bit. I'm not exactly Miss Handyman. As always, I WANT IT ALL!!

Hi everyone,
I just finished loading up my TTT pics in my picture trail under Top Ten Trainer! I even sequenced them from starting left to right!All in consecutive order! So know you can see the features and the exercises! As you can see I'm moving right along and getting a full body toning workout in! For those seeking more resistance with the option to add weight plates, I'll be previewing the butt shaper video(compliments of Liz-thanks again;-) to see if is similiar to the TTT! Hopefully someone near me or a dealer will have one and I can test spin it to give it a better comparison and review!

DebbieH: I posted some bike stretches in my picturetrail for you under fitness demos! The email that I sent you with the spinning program had some that were hard to describe but easier to show ;-)
HTH

Oh,almost forgot, my opinion of the Bosu , A Very Athletic piece of equipment that is wonderful for training the core,testing your balance,strength and it takes any exercise that you do on the floor or step to a whole different "challenging" dimension!
The difference in the step is that the Bosu challenges your stability from going from a stable surface(step) to an unstable surface! The Bosu activates ALL your muscle groups!
If you need any Bosu exercise pics(or something else) let me know, I'll put them in my picture trail(my mini clip trailer ;-)
You can go to www.collagevideo.com to se some bosu clips also check out www.bosupro.com
HTH

If you ordered the TTT and feel that the BTS will be better for you just cancel TTT and refuse the order when it's delivered!

This BTS seems so similiar to the TTT but has the weight plate options which is your BEST bet if you want to increase muscle definition! I'm soo anxious to test it out to help all you on the fence with a comparison review!

Francine!

Thank you so, so much! Those stretch pix helped so much more. I have a hard time reading and understanding but the pix did the trick! Thank you for taking the time and thank your wonderful photographer for me too! ;-) BTW, love your new hi-lighted, straighter hairdo! Cute, cute on you! (And, your cute top!)

Now, I am in a pickle whether to get the TTT or the BTS??? I hope you get the vid soon or find a dealer with one so you can give it a whirl. I hesitate getting the TTT now mainly because you can load the other one up with so much more weight. Hmmm? Thanks for all the pix on your TTT. You have excellent form on everything you do! Now, will you quit already? Do you know how bad I want a BOSU too? Oh my goodness, here I go again. Tee-hee! Thank you for taking so much of your time to help us out. It is more appreciated then you know.

BTW Francine!!!

When are you coming out with your B&TR workout for us all to buy??? I'll patiently wait for that forever! :)

RE: Francine!

DebbieH soo glad the pics helped!Let me know if you need anything else explained by pics?

As for the hairstyle,you can tell it wasn't a workout day;-)It always ends up pulled up or twisted by the end of the day! As for the color,still in recovery from when I switched hairdressers and the girl burned my hair! They had to dye it back to my natural color(dark blonde and I'm slowly getting my highlights back every 2 months in partials to keep my hair healthy) I still have about 6 months or so to go before I get a full head of highlights-and yes I'm back to my original hairdresser ;-)

I totally understand your dilemna with the TTT, if the BTS is similiar with all the exercises and does weight plate loading IMHO without trying it, this is for you!I know how you like to rack it up ;-)

My cameraman needs glasses bigtime you had to see him working the camera! It was hysterical! I'm just glad they came out clear and not blurry cause he was quick with the snap button!

PS Always time well spent for my fitness friends ;-0

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.