Wen update and vanilla mint review

Trixoo

Cathlete
Hi all -

So, I'm curious to know how everybody who has been using Wen is doing...still with it? Do you like the results? I've been using it over a month now...the results don't seem to be as dramatic for me, but they're there and I'm sticking with it. I'm really curious to see if this will help with the frizzies in the summer.

The only one I don't seem to like so far is the Ginger Pumpkin, although I've only used it once, so it's not fair to judge it on such a sort trial. I really loved the scent, but it seemed to make my hair a bit drier...need to use it some more to make sure. I hope I end up liking this one because the scent is so nice.

I did buy some of the vanilla mint and just tried it today...it's pepperminty with some vanilla...love (LOVE) the scent and the results were good. To me, the scent isn't like the sweet almond mint at all, its more like a candy cane, so those of you who don't like the sweet almomd mint scent might be surprised to find that you like this one.

Oh, and thanks to the Wen thread, I bought a clarisonic Mia...it's charging, so I can't try it until tomorrow. In the meantime, I have to stop reading this forum or I'm going to go broke (but will have great skin and hair!).

Trix

Hi Trix! Be prepared for your skin to feel so silky smooth after you use your clarisonic. You will love it. :)

Hi all -

So, I'm curious to know how everybody who has been using Wen is doing...still with it? Do you like the results? I've been using it over a month now...the results don't seem to be as dramatic for me, but they're there and I'm sticking with it. I'm really curious to see if this will help with the frizzies in the summer.

The only one I don't seem to like so far is the Ginger Pumpkin, although I've only used it once, so it's not fair to judge it on such a sort trial. I really loved the scent, but it seemed to make my hair a bit drier...need to use it some more to make sure. I hope I end up liking this one because the scent is so nice.

I did buy some of the vanilla mint and just tried it today...it's pepperminty with some vanilla...love (LOVE) the scent and the results were good. To me, the scent isn't like the sweet almond mint at all, its more like a candy cane, so those of you who don't like the sweet almomd mint scent might be surprised to find that you like this one.

Oh, and thanks to the Wen thread, I bought a clarisonic Mia...it's charging, so I can't try it until tomorrow. In the meantime, I have to stop reading this forum or I'm going to go broke (but will have great skin and hair!).

Trix

To me the winter fragrance is Andes Candies! My hair is a gajillion times nicer with Wen and Wen 6-13 is even better. I still can't slice thru my hair with a wide tooth comb, but it is vastly improved and shiny. I have to resist the urge to ask complete strangers to run their fingers thru my hair and feel how soft and manageable it is. It actually looks best with just a comb out and natural dry which is very different for my straight long fine light colored, color treated hair. I used to need to blow dry to avoid the flat plastered to my scalp look. It is also working well for one dd who had dry at ends not very healthy looking hair but didn't work well for dd who has fabulous healthy long straight hair but teenage scalp.

I have used it twice now and I love it! I have lived here for 11 yrs now and we have horribly hard water. My hair and scalp have always felt dirty and my hair has always had a residue in it since moving here. My scalp now feels clean and my hair is silky smooth.
I love, love, love the smell of the vanilla mint!

Where did you find vanilla mint? I didn't find it on QVC or the Chaz Dean website.

LOVING my WEN, btw. I do like it better than the Hair One from Sally Beauty Supply.

TexasLaura said:
Where did you find vanilla mint? I didn't find it on QVC or the Chaz Dean website.

LOVING my WEN, btw. I do like it better than the Hair One from Sally Beauty Supply.

I got it from QVc, but as part of a 5 bottle package (the other 4 are sweet almond mint, pomegranate, lavender and fig, I think)...somebody posted the link to the deal on the previous Wen thread...on page 12. You get all 5 bottles for about $88 (including shipping), which is a great deal. I'm going to try to put the link here, but in case it doesn't work, just go to page 12 of the Wen hair care thread.

Again, I LOVE the vanilla mint...i know I said it was like a candy cane before, but upon further reflection and sniffing, it's more like a buttermint. I know I'll be buying another bottle of this when it's officially released. I'd better get back to work soon (am recuperating from surgery so have to much time to sit around plaiing to buy stuff!).

Oh, and although I don't need 5 bottles of Wen, the reason I ended up getting this QVC deal is that each of the bottles comes in its own really nice box and you get 5 DVDs...I plan on giving some of them away as gifts. I mentioned earlier that although I really like Wen, my results haven't been dramatic, but it has been dramatic for lots of others and I want to share that with some of my friends. These are beautifully packaged to give as gifts, and the price is outstanding...and how fun to match my friends with a scent (once again, need to get back to work...and working out for that matter!).

Anyway, here's the link...hope it works! Oh,and one more thing, although this was posted a while ago and seemed like a special or limited deal, when I clicked the link, I was able to order no problem. Good luck!

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx?...2663&cm_re=PAGE-_-SEARCH-_-A222663&cookie=set

Trixoo

Wen

I have been usuing Wen for almost 2 months now & I love it. The scent does not stay in the hair, as soon as I dry it the scent is gone. I love the way it leaves my hair. My hair is colored & kerotened (spelling?). The only other product I use is Morocconoil shampoo & styling cream.
Karen

Thanks for the link, Trixoo! (are you aware that that is an "auto-delivery" order? I believe they plan to ship you another set automatically in the summer).

Since I already bought a travel size of each scent to try, I will wait until the winter mint comes out on its own. I'll be watching!

TexasLaura said:
Thanks for the link, Trixoo! (are you aware that that is an "auto-delivery" order? I believe they plan to ship you another set automatically in the summer).

Since I already bought a travel size of each scent to try, I will wait until the winter mint comes out on its own. I'll be watching!

Oh, sorry I forgot to mention that...I didn't know until I placed my order, but it doesn't matter to me, because you can cancel the auto delivery if you don't want it. I probably will be canceling, because Cathe mentioned that in June Wen has a special on the gallon size, which, hopefully, will really reduce the overall cost. I saw that the vanilla mint is for sale on Amazon...$25 for the 6 oz and $40 for the 16 oz...pricy, but there is free shipping. :) Just in case you can't wait.

Also, I think that people who get the QVC "beauty test tube" received the 6 ounce vanilla mint as a sample...but I have no idea what the test tube is or how you get one, only that it costs $30 and comes out once a season...the Wen was only one of the items included. Does anybody know what the test tube is?

Trixoo

P.S. Have to wait until 3:30 for my Mia to be charged...it's not nearly as hard as waiting for LIS, but oh, the anticipation!

Trixoo- I love my clarisonic with Purity from Philosophy. My skin has never looked better!! as far as Wen goes, my favs for my thick wavy hair are Pomegranate and 6-13 (the BOMB as far as I am concerned- I WILL pay full price for this when I run out of my QVC supply)

Enjoy!!

Trixoo- I love my clarisonic with Purity from Philosophy. My skin has never looked better!! as far as Wen goes, my favs for my thick wavy hair are Pomegranate and 6-13 (the BOMB as far as I am concerned- I WILL pay full price for this when I run out of my QVC supply)

Enjoy!!

Brenda, isn't 6-13 awesome! I use it twice a week and I leave it on extra long to get a deeper conditioning and my hair looks and feels so good afterwards. The smell ALONE is the best I've ever smelled! YUM, smells almost like designer perfume!! ;) I also love using my Clarisonic. (hubby has one too and uses it every day)

That being said, I've got all the scents except Fig which probably won't work as well in my thin, fine hair but I did just order the Vanilla Mint from Amazon. I can't wait to get it! I'm hoping it smells good with the vanilla in it...as I think the vanilla in 6-13 smells delightful!

Here is an Amazon link: Amazon.com: WEN Winter Vanilla Mint Cleansing Conditioner - 16oz: Great Skin Concepts

Denise,
who by the way Brenda, also lives in good ole Indiana! :D

Cathe, Denise and Serene 46 -

Tried my clarisonic last night...love, love, love it! Now I think I'll try Purity ( per Serene's recommendation) to go with it, since I had been using DHC olive soap, but don't like having it on my face for a full minute.

Denise, my guess is you're going to love vanilla mint! I would love to try six thirteen, but QVC will have to come up with a special deal first.

By the way, i just happened to see a photo of myself from early September...granted it was a hot humid day and now it's cold and dry, which my hair likes better, but I couldn't get over the difference in my hair...The change has been more dramatic than I realized. Way less frizzy, way more shine,

Once again, love these forums even if my pocket book doesn't!

Pam

OMG - the Vanilla Mint scent. It's like a York Peppermint patty. What I also noticed is when you put it on your hair, it smells very creamy vanilla with a hint of mint; then, when you rinse it out, it switches to a burst of mint with vanilla undertones. Very spa, very yummy! Love it.

Oh you guys, why do you do this? I just bought shoes, a flat iron and some address labels on line...now, I'm seeing this thread! You guys are soooo bad! (Deb, who has thick, frizzy hair!)

Sent from my iPad using CatheForum

Hey, another "Deb" here with thick frizzy hair! I am using the Fig. Love it!

Deb

So Deb, the fig is for thick, frizzy hair? I guess I'll check into it but might have to hold off till next month. Can't spend all my pennies at once! I've also been eyeing the Kindle Fire but that's a whole 'nother story! Ha!

I hope I'm not crashing the original poster's thread, but I have a WEN update to share...:)

My SIL is a stylist and has been doing my hair consistently for about 2 years now. I went for a cut and color yesterday and she asked me what shampoo/conditioner I'd been using because she said my hair looks very healthy and well-balanced compared to when I was there last, which was about 6 weeks ago. :D:):D:) I'm loving this stuff!!!!

And I just ordered 6-13 from QVC and I cannot wait to try it. I didn't even flinch at the price because I already know that it will be well worth it. I probably won't use it every day. I'll probably alternate with Fig & Pumpkin Ginger.

Last edited:
I hope I'm not crashing the original poster's thread, but I have a WEN update to share...:)

My SIL is a stylist and has been doing my hair consistently for about 2 years now. I went for a cut and color yesterday and she asked me what shampoo/conditioner I'd been using because she said my hair looks very healthy and well-balanced compared to when I was there last, which was about 6 weeks ago. :D:):D:) I'm loving this stuff!!!!

And I just ordered 6-13 from QVC and I cannot wait to try it. I didn't even flinch at the price because I already know that it will be well worth it. I probably won't use it every day. I'll probably alternate with Fig & Pumpkin Ginger.

Melissa, I always thought your hair looked great before. It was always so healthy looking. For her to notice a diff, it must look amazing!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.