Wen update and vanilla mint review

Regarding Fig, I have fine straight and liked Fig best, maybe b/c my longer hair has a lot of damage or porosity. Lavender, which I think *should* be my best bet, was my least fave. I like 6-13 best of all, even if scent isn't my fave.

DebbieH said:
Do you all use the shampoo AND the conditioner?

Debbie -

The Wen product called the "cleansing conditioner" is a shampoo and conditioner and is all you need, unless you also want their styling products, which you may not need after using the cleansing conditioner. I found that confusing at first, too!

And I can't believe I just ordered the Six Thirteen, but it's back for sale at QVC at a good price and with all these rave reviews, I just had to. Sigh....

As an overall hair update, the Vanilla Mint is doing wonderful things for my hair...I LOVE it!

Trixoo

Thanks silbow and trixoo!!! I had no idea they were combined but that makes me happier since I don't have to buy TWO products! Now, I just need to determine which is best for my thick, coarse hair and also find some money! :eek:

I saw Chaz on QVC a week or so ago talking about the Ginger Pumpkin and he indicated that many of the same ingredients from 6-13 are in the Ginger Pumpkin. I believe the Winter Vanilla Mint is a similar formula. So it's a good place to start. I like the GP/VM formula much better than the "original" for what it's worth.

NY25 said:
I saw Chaz on QVC a week or so ago talking about the Ginger Pumpkin and he indicated that many of the same ingredients from 6-13 are in the Ginger Pumpkin. I believe the Winter Vanilla Mint is a similar formula. So it's a good place to start. I like the GP/VM formula much better than the "original" for what it's worth.

Do you mean it's a good place to start for me? When you say you use GP/VM, I'm assuming you bought two diff scents and combine them???

Sent from my iPad using CatheForum

Oh, yes. That is where I would start. Either the Ginger Pumpkin or the Vanilla Mint. Their formulations seem very similar, so either one (or both!)

OK, enablers (LOL)! I broke down & got 6-13 since QVC had it on sale... Ginger Pumpkin, although I love the smell, left my hair so dry it wasn't funny, although it gave me great body.

knoxville68 said:
I wish I could afford it...hard times right now. But I am splurging for "fake wen" - "Hair One" from Sally's. I do a few pumps of color treated mixed with dry hair and it works so well my husband couldn't stop touching my hair. I still have to use a flat iron to straighten it; but I've only used it for @ 2 wks or so.
It doesn't smell bad - but not as good as I'm sure Wen does. But it works for me.
Jo
Also, I don't like ordering things online, or relying on ordering shampoo online. I like to shop brick and mortar.

Knoxville68 -

I can't leave the house for a while, so have to order on-line, but have heard really great things about Hair One. What scents do they have? And if your husband can't stop touching your hair, it's obviously working great. :)

Trixoo

knoxville68 said:
The scents are not the same, and they are ok, but not vanilla or anything. They are just ok, can't describe. The bottles are labled : dry hair, dry scalp, color treated, normal, and I think there may be another. I use a combo of dry hair, and color treated (half and half) and it seems to work. My hair smells nice, but the best way to describe it is "herbal" - I love almond scent, wish they had that like Wen does. But I can get purfume .....
Also, you can get a small packet for like $2 each to try them, and get a few to see which works for you. You can get it on Sally's website too. Might as well give it a try, especialy if you're on a budget.
Hope that helps - Jo

Jo-

The Wen sweet almond mint doesn't smell like almonds (one of my favorite scents, too, and was pretty disappointed in the scent of SAM for that reason)...it's more like menthol...I don't mind it, but another poster likened it to a hospital corridor! The newer scents like the ginger pumpkin and vanilla mint smell great, though. Thanks for the tip on the individual packets at Sally Beauty Supply...I'm definitely going to try that. And I saw your later posting about Fig...I can't help you there as I've never tried that scent, but hopefully somebody else can.

take care,

trixoo

Hi,

I use the Fig and it really doesn't have much of a smell, at least I can't smell it. I like it, and will continue to use it, but have nothing to compare it with in the WEN line. I did start with Hair One but didn't see any difference between that and any other shampoo.

scents

The scents do not stay in my hair. As soon as I am done blowdrying the scent is gone. I also use the styling cream & the same thing. While I am using the products my hair smells of it, once I am dry no more scent. Is this my hair or everyone? I do love the way my hair is afterweards. The only other shampoo/conditioner products I like is Moroccoanoil.
Their scent stays in your hair & it is delicious. Their product too is very pricey but I get it at a beauty supply store that only sells to licensed hair dressers, my friend gets me in on her license.

silbow said:
The scents do not stay in my hair. As soon as I am done blowdrying the scent is gone. I also use the styling cream & the same thing. While I am using the products my hair smells of it, once I am dry no more scent. Is this my hair or everyone? I do love the way my hair is afterweards. The only other shampoo/conditioner products I like is Moroccoanoil.
Their scent stays in your hair & it is delicious. Their product too is very pricey but I get it at a beauty supply store that only sells to licensed hair dressers, my friend gets me in on her license.

Silbow-

The scent doesn't last long in my hair, either, which is fine with me. The ginger pumpkin lasts a few hours, but that's the longest.

Trixoo

I use a half pump of Wen as a leave in and the fragrance does seem to stay in there to some degree, a lot if my hair was clipped up slightly damp and somewhat less otherwise. Also stronger scent if I am working out or otherwise hot and perspire-y.

Fig or (Pomegranate?, to me has an earthy scent. Honestly, like tobacco. I've been using 6-13 and Winter Mint, since Fig needs refill, is too low to pump.

lol, I know~ i just double checked. Both Pom and Fig have nice fragrance in the bottle, but I am pretty sure its the fig (since I have used it as an overnight a few times) that has a residual scent that reminds *me* of tobacco, actually, a carton of mom's Winstons. It happened several times, I was like, where is that smell coming from?? (picture dog chasing his tail as I kept turning my head to locate fragrance that was in my hair.) ::shrug::
Your results may vary~

I just tried the Winter Vanilla Mint and my hair looks and SMELLS great! (hubby says it smells like York Peppermint Patties or Thin Mints) This one and 613 are my faves!!! I have already ordered a 2nd bottle of the WVM since I had a gift certificate from Amazon.

Two thumbs "way up"!!

Denise

Denise R said:
I just tried the Winter Vanilla Mint and my hair looks and SMELLS great! (hubby says it smells like York Peppermint Patties or Thin Mints) This one and 613 are my faves!!! I have already ordered a 2nd bottle of the WVM since I had a gift certificate from Amazon.

Two thumbs "way up"!!

Denise

Denise -

Your comments prompted me to try 613...I used it this morning and LOVE it...my favs are the WVM and 613 too! Now I'm just praying I don't experience any hair loss like people on other blogs have reported, because this stuff is magic for my hair...

Pam

Denise -

Your comments prompted me to try 613...I used it this morning and LOVE it...my favs are the WVM and 613 too! Now I'm just praying I don't experience any hair loss like people on other blogs have reported, because this stuff is magic for my hair...

Pam

Pam,

Glad you like 613! Your comments prompted me to get WVM and it is wonderful! I had my daughter smell my hair when she got home this afternoon and she says, mmm, smells like chocolate! It does smell like mint chocolate. (but in a good way, not bad at all) I've actually noticed thicker hair growth and hubby has been using the Wen Tea Tree for several months and I'm amazed at the fine hair he has grown on his little bald spot. (so no hair loss for us and we've been using Wen faithfully and nothing else for 2 months)

Denise

I got my Winter Vanilla Mint yesterday. Already I can tell that I like it much better than the Pumpkin Spice. The WVM left my hair less fly away. With the Pumpkin Spice, while I had great body, my hair was dry & fly away. After just one use of WVM, my hair is softer & silkier. & I love the smell! I have the 613 on its way, so I'll be interested to see how I like it. WVM is definitely a winner for me!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.