WEN alert (a good deal)

llp

Cathlete
Just got this in email. Good deal on WEN----

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.html/params.file.|nl|em_WEN_fauxpd,html?cm_ven=APTSV&cm_cat=WEN112911&cm_pla=ACTIVE&cm_ite=SHORTLINE_FAUXPD
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A219120.promo.RE6.cm_scid.mailhttp://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A219120.promo.RE6.cm_scid.mail
WEN by ChazDean Set of 5 16 oz. Cleansing Conditioners w/Gift Boxes Price $79.86

Includes:
  • 16 fl oz Fig Cleansing Conditioner
  • 16 fl oz Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner
  • 16 fl oz Pomegranate Cleansing Conditioner
  • 16 fl oz Lavender Cleansing Conditioner
  • 16 fl oz Winter Vanilla Mint Cleansing Conditioner
  • 5 instructional DVDs; run time approximately 98 minutes each
  • Five gift boxes
  • Made in USA

Have fun!

Last edited:
WOW, this is a good deal, almost too good to be true, and they have a selection where you are not signing up for the "auto-ship" one.

Here I gooo again!!! Stop that Linda!!

heh heh, Debbie! I know you were trying to decide what to buy earlier. Did you buy anything yet? Well, if I didn't have some at home, I'd be buying this! This has been the best for my hair *and* scalp.

I just got my hair cut and highlighted, and the salon used a good shampoo, but, left my scalp really itchy and dry(like all shampoos). Since WEN isn't soap(I don't think?!?), it really helps not only my dry, coarse hair, but, also my dry scalp, and when I used WEN the following day, I felt sooo much better!

Have fun shopping!

I could not resist...:D

Also ordered another bottle of Six Thirteen while I was at it. It would have been silly to not take advantage of the reduced shipping, right?!?! :p

I CAVED!!! I ordered it yesterday, thank you very much Linda!!! :D

I also ordered a 16 oz. VWM a few days ago on Amazon for $20.00 which was supposed to be my trial experiment with Wen but I couldn't resist the price of trying all 5 scents that you posted! The single one I ordered is supposed to be here tomorrow. (ETA) I cannot wait to try it! I have been growing my hair so I'm thinking it will be healthy for my hair not being cut as often as I usually do. OH BOY!!!!! Wheeeee! (Like getting a new Cathe workout! Ha!)

So I go to the site and see that 6-13 thing, and got very sucked in by the reviews, so ended up buying that instead, but I drew a line and did not buy both, I still have half the gallon size I bought over the summer. And don't think I will like the smell of the lavender one.

I caved too..... thanks Linda!

I saw the earlier threads, but wasn't too tempted since I hadn't heard of Wen. But seeing this new thread did the trick and my curiosity got the better of me... just finished placing my very first QVC order.

Michelle

wen

I CAVED!!! I ordered it yesterday, thank you very much Linda!!! :D

I also ordered a 16 oz. VWM a few days ago on Amazon for $20.00 which was supposed to be my trial experiment with Wen but I couldn't resist the price of trying all 5 scents that you posted! The single one I ordered is supposed to be here tomorrow. (ETA) I cannot wait to try it! I have been growing my hair so I'm thinking it will be healthy for my hair not being cut as often as I usually do. OH BOY!!!!! Wheeeee! (Like getting a new Cathe workout! Ha!)

Hi Debbie
I saw the 6 oz size for $20 not the 16 oz, would you post the link?
thanks
Karen

Ahhh, I too caved and just placed my order. PLUS I ordered the 6 13 or whatever that is that I have read people posting about. I have been thinking that I wanted to give some Wen to my sister, mother, and a friend of mine and this is the perfect way to do that...now I just have to figure out which one goes to which person.

Hmmm???

Can someone explain how BIG their "pumps" are when they come out? Mine were HUGE and I only did 10 cuz my hand was full! It called for 20-30 I believe?? I used the VWM which I just love the peppermint pattie smell! It coated my hair very heavily IMO and I combed it thru and left it on for prob 20 minutes. And, my hair came our dry! I didn't use any of my usual hair products like keratin which is awesome for my hair. If I had used double the pumps I kid you not, my bottle would be prob half empy (It is only the 6* size but still???) I've heard the Fig is great for coarse, thick hair so I can't wait to get it in the mail this week, along with the other 4 scents!

I agree, it is hard to tell how much to use, and some people seem to have fantastic results with much less product than suggested. In one of the videos, after application, they show the model combing thru her hair saturated with product, and say that a thick cream of product should come off the ends when combing thru. So maybe it depends on how porous your hair is?

Also, the directions for number of pumps are the same for all size bottles, but do big bottles have longer bigger pumps than small bottles? I think my larger bottle of 6 13 has bigger amt of product per pump than the assortment of 16 oz bottles.

Last edited:
wen

Can someone explain how BIG their "pumps" are when they come out? Mine were HUGE and I only did 10 cuz my hand was full! It called for 20-30 I believe?? I used the VWM which I just love the peppermint pattie smell! It coated my hair very heavily IMO and I combed it thru and left it on for prob 20 minutes. And, my hair came our dry! I didn't use any of my usual hair products like keratin which is awesome for my hair. If I had used double the pumps I kid you not, my bottle would be prob half empy (It is only the 6* size but still???) I've heard the Fig is great for coarse, thick hair so I can't wait to get it in the mail this week, along with the other 4 scents!

I use between 4 & 6 pumps, my hair comes out great. I have neither thick nor thin hair & it is neither dry nor oily, just regular colored hair treated with kerotin if that helps anyone
Karen

I agree, it is hard to tell how much to use, and some people seem to have fantastic results with much less product than suggested. In one of the videos, after application, they show the model combing thru her hair saturated with product, and say that a thick cream of product should come off the ends when combing thru. So maybe it depends on how porous your hair is?

Also, the directions for number of pumps are the same for all size bottles, but do big bottles have longer bigger pumps than small bottles? I think my larger bottle of 6 13 has bigger amt of product per pump than the assortment of 16 oz bottles.

Thanks...my hair IS porous and holds a lot of water after i get out of shower. My hairdresser comments on that all the time. I don't know about the pump sizes but a LOT came out of the lil' 6* bottle size. My comb was saturated with the product as I combed thru it. Matter of fact, I left what was still on the comb to put back into my hair after I towel dried it. I was afraid to put the 2-3 pumps on my hair as a leave-in conditioner because I was afraid it would leave my hair greasy. I'm not giving up but can't wait for the other 5 bottles to get here!

I use between 4 & 6 pumps, my hair comes out great. I have neither thick nor thin hair & it is neither dry nor oily, just regular colored hair treated with kerotin if that helps anyone
Karen

Thanks Karen, I love what keratin does to my hair. I think I'll use it like normal today in combo with the Wen.

silbow said:
Hi Debbie
I saw the 6 oz size for $20 not the 16 oz, would you post the link?
thanks
Karen

Karen, I'm so sorry...I goofed. I meant to say 6 Oz. Not 16! Sorry for the mix up. But, the special of $79.00-for-5 bottles comes out to less then $20 per bottle. Again, sorry!

Sent from my iPad using CatheForum

Hi Debbie!
Not sure what you mean by coming out dry(?!?). You did get your hair wet for a couple of minutes and put pumps of it on your scalp & hair, right? Then you rinsed it out after you massaged your head and hair and also left it on the 20 minutes, right? My hair is wet, not dry after rinsing with water.

Or did you mean it came out dry feeling like hay after the whole treatment of cleansing your hair and drying it with the hair dryer?

My hair is currently just a little bit longer than yours. It's usually in bad shape after a highlight(which I had done 1.5 weeks ago), but, it's in the best shape -- feels soft(considering my hair is coarse, stiff Chinese hair) & healthy. And my scalp is not dry and itchy(like it normally is), it feels moisturized, but, not greasy.

I cleanse everyday, and blowdry it everyday. I use probably about 3 pumps-that's all. (Tea Tree and Almond mixed up in my hands). My hair and scalp is coated with just 3 full pumps. So, I am lucky 2 the bottles will last me a long time -- probably 4-5 months!

I hope it's working for you Debbie! You sure do sound like you have very porous hair!

Last edited:
DebbieH said:

Debbie -

Well that's a bummer! I don't have the 6 oz size, I have the 16, but my hair is about your length (assuming its latino the same length as your photo) and relatively thick. I use about 6 pumps and that's plenty...any more would just fall off and down the drain. I do all the steps except combing, at first because I didn't have a wide toothed comb and now because I just don't see how it could make a difference. So I just rinse my hair with cool water for a minute, add the wen and then a splash of water, massage my scalp with it for about a minute, wait a few minutes and then rinse it out with cool water for a minute. If you followed all of those steps and ended up with dry hair, WVM is definitely not for you, although after you try fig for a while if that works for you, give WVM a try again.

I feel really badly that your first wen experience wasn't good. When I first started using it, I didn't experience the miracle others have, although it was very nice i just didnt feel my hair was much ebetter than my regular shampoo...and didn't envision myself ordering more. It was only until about 4-6 weeks later that I saw a photo of myself before I started using wen that I saw what a really dramatic change had happened...way, way less frizzy, just not overnight. On my own, I also noticed that my hair color lasts forever. Also, I color my hair at home and the coloring kit has a deep conditioner that I'm supposed to apply every week to keep it glossy looking...I used to have to apply it religiously and sometimes applied it a day or two early because my hair was so frizzy and getting dull, but haven't had to apply it once since starting wen. Now it's been about 21/2 months and I can't say enough about wen and what it's doing for my hair.

I really hope you have better results the next time...if not, you at least can send back what you bought from QVC.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.