Weights After STS

fitme40

Cathlete
I just started Meso 3 week 2 today and during one of my rest sets I was wondering how I'm going to know what weights to use when I do weight work after STS. Now that I know how much I CAN lift I think it will be tougher to pick weights for normal workouts. I think I'll constantly be thinking "should I go heavier?" making sure I'm not wimping out. Is there some sort of "formula" of one rep max that we should use for endurance,circuit,slow and heavy, etc. workouts? I guess it will be just trying to figure out what I'm trying to get out of a certain rotation. Maybe I'll just start STS again so I don't have to worry about it:) I've really enjoyed being told what to do each day!!

Laura

Me, too.

I wondered the same today, and even as I prepared for this week's workouts. I think it will be "easy" to figure out the weights we should use, assuming we ARE "5% stronger". Our 1RMs should be 5% higher, so we could back off from there, or when doing endurance workouts we could use our previous 70% weight instead of the 60-65%. Just seems logical to me.

Personally, I'd like to try doing some of my favorite workouts, like Butts&Guts (I miss that one!), Muscle Max, etc. with heavier weights, see if I really HAVE gotten 5% stronger! ;) once I've finished Meso 3.

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.