Weightloss Challenge Thru Dec - Jul 13th Thread

MelanieC

Cathlete
Good morning everyone and happy Friday! I thought I should get the thread started this morning - hope everything is ok with Shereta.

My weigh-in was this morning, and I'm down 1.5 pounds! I'm really thrilled about that cause on the weekend I indulged a little in icecream & white, but I was still able to lose.

This morning my workouts were CrossFire (awesome BTW!!!), and STS 22. I'm trying to get MESO 2 done before my holiday so that's why I did 22 today. Normally I wouldn't put myself through that!!

Have a great day.

Hey, Melanie. Im okay. I woke up late and was only able to get 4 miles in this morning cause I had an appt I had to get to. I will do more this evening. Thanks for getting us started today. congrats on your weightloss.

My weight is the same. I know I'm still in pms mode, so i'm not worried one bit. I am bloated and a little cranky too. It should be over in a few days.

Tomorrow I plan to do Athletic Trng. Man, that's a hard workout, but I need to push myself to get stronger, so I'm looking forward to it.

Melanie, wow, you are daring doing both of those tough workouts in one day! I have to be honest though, I did STS Disc 28 chest & back this am and am considering doing Pylo Legs tonight! Crazy I know, but I am trying to get back on schedule and I have had two days off so I am feeling strong, but maybe not, we'll see how Im feeling.

I think why I ended up needing the last 2 days off is b/c I over did it earlier this week with my 2 hr hikes followed by an STS disc. Too much and it wiped me out. Feeling great today and back on track so maybe I shouldn't push it...

I didn't realize we were so close in discs! That's awesome. This is my first time with STS. What round of it are you on?

Shereta, when was your last high calorie day? Have you eaten at maintenance level or like 5-10% below it for a day? Maybe your body is in starvation mode and hanging on to everything. Just a thought...

Gina

Well, Gina, I'm sure i'm just pmsing. I almost always stall for 10-12 days before my cycle. frustrating but true

Hi Shereta - Athletic training is such an awesome workout - have a blast and be strong! Remember what Cathe says "dig deep". I think that's from TTM or CrossFire. Anyways, its good motivation. Train like an athlete!!!

Hi Gina - Glad to hear that you got some needed rest and are back on track. I remember reading your posts about your "marathon" hikes, and I was amazed by your stamina! This is my second time through STS. Well, the 2nd time I'm actually completing it. I'd done it once, then attempted to re-start a few times, but only made it as far as the end of Meso 1, then "stuff" got in the way. This time I'm determined to finish, and keep eating clean so that I can see the results.

Well everyone, I'll be off the grid for a week - so dont' think I've abandoned the check-in! I'll be back next week. Have a great week all. BE WARRIORS!!!!

Well everyone, I'll be off the grid for a week - so dont' think I've abandoned the check-in! I'll be back next week. Have a great week all. BE WARRIORS!!!!

You'll be missed, but enjoy cuz I hope it is for vaca!! If it is, take me with you ;0

Yes, we will miss you Melanie. Type to you later.

I did get 2.25 miles at 5% incline on the treadmill this evening . I just walked and got a good sweat. Since I ran the 4 miles this morning, I didn't want to kill myself and mess me up with my am workout.

pms is passing. yeah.

M2D21 today and STS abs. Looks like a great weather weekend, so two long bike rides and a few hours of kayaking Sat. and Sun. Food intake wasn't too good the entire week. Hopefully I can reel this in soon, it seems to be an all or nothing state of mind.

I hope everyone enjoys this beautiful weekend. : )

Good Morning fit ladies!

Shereta nice job on your evening walk. I need to get back to doing that. Walking is still a great workout, and happy you didn't run...that would be way too much training with the mileage you do!

Tina have a strong disc 21 today. I have pylo legs disc 29 slated for today myself.

Gotta go garden first with my Dad tho! BBL to catch up.

Have a great day!

Gina

My workout today was Athletic Training. Wow, hard, hard, hard. Then we had to move someone from a second floor apartment to another 2nd flour apartment. I was wiped out today. Not sure what tomorrow's workut will be..............

I think I only did Athletic Training once. I guess I wasn't too impressed with it or maybe I wasn't ready for it. I will have to try it out again. I have her newer w/os from the last couple of years, but I don't seem to have really done them very much. I prefer step vs these drills and stuff and I have to watch how much she does on the floor with your weight on your arms like I lot of the moves in LIS. But I am getting stronger and my rotator cuff injury is doing better so maybe I need to check them out again!

Yesterday I did Pylo Legs in my STS rotation and let me tell you...breathin hard, sweatin bullets, and fightin a small side stitch towards the end, but whew, I did all the reps even in the pylo segments!!

Today is a scheduled rest day, I don't know I might do an easier w/o since I took 2 days off already this week and my eating has been outta control again! I'll let you know.

Shereta have a good day and a good w/o if you have one on tap. Hope everyone else is doing good too.

Gina

Hi, All. Today's workout was the circuit blast premix from Cross fire. Fun and effective. I did 2 sets of 8 pushups with the disks!!!!!! This is huge for me.

I might get on the dreadmill later. I'll wait and see. 3-4 miles tomorrow.

No dreadmill yesterday afternoon. But, I did Intensity premix of step only today. I love that workout. I'll have to do dreadmill this evening. Heading out of town on Thursday. Will still be working out and posting. Today I will buy a new journal to track food and workouts. That's exciting. 2012 is my year.

Good job on the pushups yesterday Shereta! Those are tough!

I just thought that I need to try Intensity again. It has been a year I think since I did it and it whooped my butt, but Im stronger now! I love the step!!

This morning I started my return to jogging. You and Melanie have inspired me to try again. I did a very easy 20 minute w/o with 8 cycles of 1 minute jog and 1 minute walk. I have to keep it easy in the beginning or I will quit!

Ltr today I will do Disc 30 of STS for my shoulders, biceps, and triceps. And maybe I'll go to water class. I don't know. If I don't, then I'll do an easy stroll on the treadmill while watching TV or surfing the net.

I have so much I gotta do today!! Off to eat lunch. Be back later.

Have a good one!

Gina

Go, Gina, go, Gina, go Wow. That was so smart to do the run/walk intervals. I've read that's the best way to get back to running.

Unfortunately, I will not get my evening run in. Life, life, life..... I'm so glad my eating is on point and I did Intensity Premis this morning. But, tomorrow's am workout should be a 35 min tempo run. I hate those, but oh well, I will be doing it. Then I might add a steady state of 30 on the end of it.

Miss you, Melanie.

Thanks Shereta! I need all the encouragment I can get to keep running! :) I focused on keeping it easy cuz I know if I push too hard that'll be it and I really want to do that 10k in October even if it is interspersed with walking!

I did get my weights w/o in today. I am noticing quite a difference in my strength using STS. And its an awesome feeling! I have 2 more weeks to go. then I want to focus more on lower body to help my pear shape.

Life does get in the way, but just do your best! You did get in a w/o earlier! And our bodies need a rest from working out twice a day sometimes too. I didn't make it to water class and Im not getting on the treadmill either as I had talked about doing earlier today either. So don't feel so bad.

I hope Melanie is having a great time and I look forward to her return too :)

Not sure what happened to the others?

Catch ya tmrw,

Gina

Happy Tuesday All.

Gina, I dont know what happened to the others either. This challenge is just that - a challenge. Maybe they have developed plans of their own or just too busy to post. I wish everyone luck.

Im feeling really great right now. I realized last night that I have to be at work 30 minutes early and work 2 hours late - summer crazy hours. So, I didn't have enough time to get a good warmup in for my tempo run plus I needed to get some weight work in today. Well, I did my own weight circuit off the cuff this morning . I got every muscle twice and legs got worked 5 times plus core work( every set was 16 reps each) and a stretch in under 28 min. I was sweating after 5 minutes.

I've also modified my meals for today to ensure I have a large lunch at 12:30 and a light dinner at 5:30 so when I get home I can go right into my tempo run. I'm so please with myself. I have 5.5 months to go on my weightloss challenge and Im so pumped.

Shereta, you should be pleased with yourself, I'm in awe of your motivation. Keep rockin' it!

I'm still struggling with the eating portion of this challenge. The workouts have been phenomenal (logged over 100 miles over the weekend) but my appetite is way out of wack. Today I'm going to try adding more lean protein and cut back on the carbs. I think my body is trying to tell me something, so I'm going to try changing things up.

Super hot in NH today, so I think I'll stay off the bike and do some kickboxing. I finally have Amy Bento's In The Ring down pat, so I can really get into now. : )

I hope you all have a "stay on track" day. : )

Tina

Wow, Shereta, your enthusiasm is outstanding!! You go girl!!
Great job on being innovative for your weight circuit! Some people wouldn't work out b/c of the time limitations. Instead, you made the time allotment work for you!! Way to go!
Good luck with your meal planning as I hope that works good for you!

Tina, I hope you haven't avoided writing because of being dissappointed with your eating. As we talked last week, mine hasn't been stellar either. Actually, it's been quite bad up until yesterday. I am making a renewed attempt, but I also have a little hope that things might be getting better for me too.

I know you have a lot of stress in your life right now with everything going on. And it is okay. You will get back on track. Forgive yourself! Today is a new day :) I think we need this site more then ever to keep us encouraged, motivated and more importantly, to receive support. I know it has helped me! Ok, so maybe not with my eating...lol. But everyone lifts my spirits when I check in and that helps me.

Wow. 100 miles. Awesome! See, you are doing something great for your body! At least we are continuing to exercise and we haven't totally gone off course! We may not be losing weight (I even gained some!), but staying on track with our workouts will pay off in the end!

Maybe you need to re-evaluate your caloric needs with these sessions. Part of your eating could be your body needing more fuel on top of stress eating?

Ok, enough for now. I'll check in ltr. and I apologize Tina if I was outta line or went overboard :) Just wanna help :)

Gina

Awwww shucks, ladies. Im just trying to live with no excuses for weightloss. I've seen so many success stories and now I want to be one of them. I know it will take committment and trying to do that. Little things make a big difference. I've seen a little difference so far, but I want more good results.

It seems when I don't feel like doing something, that leads to another missed workout or another huge meal. I've got to stick this out. I heard this guy on tv say, "Get used to feeling uncomfortable." meaning - go beyond your comfort zone to get results. Staying in my comfort zone keeps me at the same weight.

So, do I really want to go home after working 10 hours and run? No, I don't. I would love to fold clothes and watch an NCIS rerun. That would be comfortable. That will keep me at my same weight. I've got to to do something different to get different results. So, i will go home and run. And, yes, I will be uncomfortable. hahahahahahahahaha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.