Weight Watchers - 5th week of April, 2011

Stacy - hang in there! I'm pretty sure we've all been in that situation where we had great intentions and then end up eating so much that we we feel guilty and wish we could take it back. But i think the most important is not to give up. It was only one meal and tomorrow is a new day. Keep doing the best you can.

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend. In a bizzare change of events, I am down another 1.5 lbs
Since wednesday. Go figure. Been super busy with kids and such. Will check back tomorrow.
So glad to see more people joining the checkin.

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend. In a bizzare change of events, I am down another 1.5 lbs
Since wednesday. Go figure. Been super busy with kids and such. Will check back tomorrow.
So glad to see more people joining the checkin.

Happy Wednesday, Yall. today's workout was Intensity. I only earned 8 APs cause I couldnt finish it all. This happens every other time I do this workout, so next week, I should do much better.

Planned menu
b. 3 eggs
s. yogurt, pecans
l. luncheon provided by the boss
s. probably none
d. salad, chicken breast, grapes.

Good luck to everyone today. Let's workout and eat like we want to loose weight.

Shereta

Shereta, I did an Intensity premix yesterday....step & HiiT (lo). I love it! I can't imagine doing the whole thing right now...something to work towards.

I posted a thread in the OD looking for opinions on Cathe's nutrition software. It's cheaper than WW, but not as cheap as SparkPeople, LOL!

Anyone here use it?

Happy Thursday, All. Today's workout was the Firm's Shape and Burn weights only. I earned 6 aps. Man, that's a tough little workout. But, I did use weights of 8s - 12s. Thur mornings, I usally sleep a little late so my workout normally has to be a short one. This totalled 38 minutes.

Planned menu:
b. 3 eggs - 6
s. yogurt, peanuts - 6
l. salad, chicken breast, grapes - 7
s. snack bar - 3
d. meatloaf, mashed potatoes, greenbeans - 10
total: 32

Shereta

Suzanne, I saw your thread about Cathe's software on the other forum. I'll research it this weekend and join if you do. maybe this is the addition I need to stay more focused.

Shereta, down in the Nutrition Forums there are also a few (old-er) threads about the software.

DH is out of town this weekend so I think I will invest in a month of the plan and play around with it in between housework and keeping my teenagers from aggravating each other.

I just really like the idea of having everything all in one place.

I have been having a naughty week.. like you mention shereta...lets eat like we want to lose weight...my major problem...i have been pretty good today..
i had pizza last night and was too scared top weigh myself this morning..
I will check in tomorrow with the dreaded weight check in...:p

Steph, just man up and get on the scale and keep going from there. Eat clean with plenty of water today. It's not the end of the road - just a bump in the road.

Shereta

Hello everyone. I'm too embarassed to even post what I've eaten lately, but the scale isnt too proud to show me the damage :(

The bright spot in my day is that I worked out before work this morning. I did STS Meso 1, Week 1 Triceps/Back

I dont know why I've had such a hard time tracking points. I think I'm just sick of it all, but I'm also sick of being overweight. I cant just ease up b/c I just binge day after day after day, but tracking so strictly has gotten me burnt out and feeling like some days there's nothing I can eat that wont still leave me feeling deprived. I dont have a solution, just venting for now.

Hey everybody! Cannot believe how quickly this week has flown by. Only have 1 more week until my final weigh in at work for our weight loss challenge. Hoping to be down another 1-2lbs by next friday, but not feeling too confident about seeing that much of a loss. I have done great so far, down 10lbs, and fitting back into all my clothes, so no mattter the outcome, I have already won!

Did The Viper today--man that one kicks my butt, in a good way. Tomorrow is another super busy day, but should be able to squeeze in a good 45 minutes in the afternoon.

HOpe you all have a great friday.
Gianna

ok Shereta I manned up, stepped on the scale.....and screamed:eek:...I was up 2 pounds..
Good thing I did it before the weekend! Now I have to be on my best behavior...I haven't weighed this much for 5 years!...not good...just the kick in the butt i needed I guess..

Steph I think we have the same scale!! Still up for that end of June/possibly 4th of July challenge??

And, FYI, Shereta's always ready to kick your butt! Why do you think I havent told her about the peanut m&m's I once again ate yesterday?! (Ducking)

I vow on this day, I will have not another peanut m&m until I reach my next goal weight challenge!

Morning all. Reading over the pre-sale info. Looks like a lot of fun...and a bargain at $10 a piece.

I'm going to go mellow today and try my new Shiva Rea yoga. I've been thinking and thinking about yoga. I want to make it part of my routine but I feel like I really need to do all my cardio / weights and have been giving that my priority. But I need all that yoga has to offer.

OTOH. The sun is finally shining and I'll head out and try to begin my massive weeding project so that will take care of cardio and strength, LOL!

Hello, All. Yesterday afternoon i did another Zumba class. Same instructor, same routine. Earned 8 APs. So that was 14 APs for yestefday. Too tired to workout this morning, so I didn't.

Planned menu:
3 eggs - 6
yogurt, grapes - 2
collard greens, spaghetti - 8
yogurt, snack bar - 5
green beans, meatloaf, mashed potatoes - 12
total: 33

I think we should do the July 4th challenge. We've got to get our momentum back. The scale will not move unless we get serious about staying within out PPs range, workout and generally take care of ourselves as much as our busy lives will allow.

Maybe we should each make a list of 10 things that have helped us in the past. Post them to give each other ideas and recommitt to gain success. I say we start Monday for our July 4th challenge. That should give us 8 weeks of continuous focus to get some weight off. And, then as a reward give ourselves a week off to relax from being so strengent, maybe do our most favorite workouts, or just give the okay to miss a few, or indulge a little in our favorite treat (I.e. peanut m&ms ) etc - not to loose our minds and sabotage our success, but to just relax a little. And, then plan another challenge.

What do yall think?

Shereta

well shereta
I am totally in for the 4 july challenge..
I am seriously considering joining ww online? do any of you guys actually do ww online and can you give me your opinion?
TIA

btw i have been totally good today (it 9:30 am):p

Steph, you made me LOL with your being good all morning :D.

Me too!

I like a July 4th challenge. I need to look at what my goal weight would be for then, etc.

Steph, I just quit WW online (because I wanted more specific focus on my macros). I loved it. I think it's a terrific tool and it's very user-friendly. Perfect for me because there was no way I was getting to meetings and I could just log on when convenient. Great reicpes. Interesting articles.

I'm going to try Cathe's nutrition program. I'll let you all know how I like it.

suzanne
do they tell us exactly what to eat...like sample weekly menus?
i really need to be given not too many choices...
I am hoping that they maybe have sample menus for a month or so that we can follow and then start making choices????
please let me know your thoughts...
steph

Hi everyone,

I've been doing fairly well lately. Wednesday I just barely had time for a 30 minute workout. I did the cardio premix of Drill Max. I was proud of myself for managing to squeeze in a workout even though I really didn't have time. I just had to rush through my shower, didn't dry my hair all the way, and made a super quick dinner for myself.

Yesterday I took a workout break. I've been running like crazy lately, and it's not going to slow down, plus I was feeling a little burnt out, so I just took a break. I spent some quality time with the husband and relaxed a little.

Today I'm leaving right after work to go for a little weekend getaway with a friend, so the only time I could workout was before work, so I did! I did Kick, Punch, Crunch, and it's great to already have that done.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to workout or not tomorrow. I'm taking my laptop anyway, which has several workouts on it, and if there's enough space in the hotel room, I hope to do just 30 minutes of Kick, Punch, Crunch. My plan for the weekend is to have one splurge meal and one splurge dessert and keep the rest of the meals low calorie and healthy.

Shereta - sounds like your doing really well! I'm definitely in for a challenge!!

Giana - Sounds like you are doing great as well. Congrats on losing ten pounds and fitting in your clothes. What a nice feeling!

Stacy - hang in there! Sounds like the 4th of July challenge is just what you need. I totally understand you on feeling burnt out tracking points. I've definitely been there. It is hard, but it will be worth it. Also, perhaps it would help if you took a day or week here or there and decided not to track points, but still eat the same healthy things that you would normally while tracking. That's helped me.

Steph - Don't worry, you'll have those 2 lbs back off in no time! You asked about WW online. I have done it before and liked it fairly well. However, personally, I think more in terms of calories than points (although I know many people find points to be much easier and simpler). What I didn't like about WW online was that I was paying a lot of money and they didn't even have half the foods I ate in their database, so I had to enter them myself. I use MyFitnessPal which is completely free and has a very extensive food database. The one downside to using a free calorie tracking thing over WW online is that you can't track flex points or calories as easily, and I do use and like that concept of the extra weekly points or calories.

Suzanne - I answered your question about the Cathe Nutrition software in the OD forum.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.