Weight Watchers - 4th week of April, 2011

Hi Shereta! I agree, Cathe is my hero too. Somewhere when she was "chatting" she said that in one of her series the production studio had improved the sound....and that you could hear that she was out of breath.

This makes me very glad to have cheap TV's because if Cathe's out of breath then I'm "DOF"....(dead on the floor). Whew, that woman is strong!

Did the cardio timesaver premix of LIC today since I couldn't face the thought of working out and I LOVE that first song - always gets me moving.

Having the hardest time getting my macros where I want them. Trying to figure out ways of adding protein. To even get to 60-70 grams is tough.

Suzanne,

I was wondering....with doing CAthe's workouts, I am sure that you are earning quite a few ww points. How many of those points do you eat in a day. I recently cancelled my online membership because I had hit a plateau for months. I think though that i wasn't eating enough points. I have already lost 40 pounds though and had been following ww for about 10 months. I am now just using the food tracker on the workout manager. We will see what happens now that I am following calories instead of points.

Tracy

Hi, Tracy, congrats on your 40lb loss. Keep us posted on your future successes.

Suzanne, a simple piece of lean chicken breast will boost that protein up with 3-5 PPs. Good luck with that.

This afternoon, I participated in my first ever Zumba class. It was fun, but not really like the dvds I see on tv. I burned 787 calories in 50 minutes. Wow. I was never out of breath, but ever so often I'd check my heart rate and it was at a stead state. Im glad I did it, but it was no where as intense as Cathe.

Hey there ladies, I hope you don't mind me barging in here. :)

I have a WW tracking question-how on earth do you track your Cathe workouts? I mean specifically the circuit ones like High Step Circuit and Bootcamp styles. Is my best bet digging out my heart rate monitor and getting a new battery and using it? If so, how do you count the points?

Thanks so much in advance for any input!

Hey everybody! Hope you all had a great day today! Late checking in, but all is well here. No workout today--just no time, but will hit the cardio tomorrow! Enjoyed way too many tortilla chips this evening, but they were great and I tracked every bite.

For those that are asking about AP's: I wear a HR moniter and track how many calories I burn, but I do not eat any of them. Take this with a grain of salt as I am coming off a three week stint to lose just one pound, so my way may not be best! :)

Shereta-how did you like Zumba? I constantly watch the infomercial and am very tempted to get it.

Talk to you all tomorrow.
Gianna

Happy Friday, All. today's workout was Premix of Cardio Core Circuit. I earned 6 aps. I was tired from the double workouts yesterday, but i was determained to get it in.

As far as tracking APs from workouts; I read on the WWers board to take the total calories burned and divide it by 80. However, someone said they divide by 100. I do the divide by 80 and round up.

I did like Zumba, but it was on a hard tile floor. Like I said earlier, it wasnt like the informercials Id seen on tv but it was fun and I burned 787 calories in 50 minutes. To me, it wasnt really that intense but my heartrate stayed up the whole time and the music and the instructor were awsome.

When I first started Wwers, I tried not to use my APs and WPs, but I hardly lost anything. I was tired all the time and frustrated. Now, that I use almost everything, I do loose as long as I eat clean. This is key for me. On the weeks I ate very clean, but went over all my points, were the weeks I lost 2.5.. Its scary, but I cant deny it.

Shereta - Wow! That's a big burn from that Zumba class! I do have some poached chicken that I tucked in the freezer - I can use that. I'm not currently a vegetarian but used to be...back in the bad old days when that meant (for me) a huge plate of pasta with butter AND cheese. Ugh. I still have what I call "veggie tendencies" so I don't eat all that many servings of flesh based protein.

I'm also always short on fiber so I think that adding more beans to my diet will help. And I'm using the liquid egg whites - that's easy. And searching for a substitute for the BSN Lean Dessert protein. Oh how I loved that stuff but it's pretty fake, LOL.

I am on the verge of cancelling my online WW sub. I've been using SparkPeople all week and I do just prefer the detail. Really, any tracker will do as long as you actually use it and are honest.....

Tracy - Hi! I generally tried not to eat my Activity Points but did try hard to eat all my Daily and Weekly Points. But I too have been stuck pretty much at a plateau - for me I think it's directly related to my fat/protein mix which is too high in fat and too low in protein.

PedMom - I do use my HRM for my workouts and would basically break down the number of minutes "in zone" and use those for the particular exercise. So....say I did a 50 minute workout of whatever type, circuits, step, etc. and spent 35 minutes in my aerobic HR zone I would use 35 minutes for the activity and attribute the rest to warm up/cool down or stretching. Far from exact but I never really relied on those AP's anyway since they seemed so iffy. HTH.

Well, Suzanne. Concerning the burn from Zumba. I remember the informercial saying you can burn almost 1000 calories per hour. I can see that.

What a hellacious work week! I gained 2 lbs from stress eating and since then I've lost 1.5 lbs of that from not having time to eat! My head is spinning. I couldnt tell you the last time I tracked points or worked out.

As far how I track my AP's....I do it as how many minutes I do low, moderate or high intensity activities. I judge it all based on my perceived exertion. For example if I walk on the treadmill, that's "low" intensity and I have to walk a minimum of 45 minutes for at a "low" intensity and that gives me a mere 3 AP's. I judge my Cathe workouts on perceived exertion, separating the warm-up minutes as low + the actual workout minutes which is usually "moderate" minutes. In general I dont get many AP's accumulated so I dont bother even using them anyways.

Hey everyone--

SUper late checking in tnight. Went to the movie Water for Elephants. Haven't read the book, but enjoyed the movie very much. Didn't have any popcorn-yay! Shared a reasonable amount of reeces pieces with my friend, so no guilt here.

No workout again today!!!! Just too darn busy. However, should be able to get them in this weekend (even with easter!).

Hope everyone has a great weekend! TGIF!!!!!!!!!!

Gianna

Hey, Yall. Weighed in and loss .5 which is a miracle cause I ate a lot this week, worked out a lot, but didnt track very well. Yesterday I made homemade popcorn and ate way too many LIttle Debbie snacks. I just lost is momentarily. So, Im not too down on myself right now, but Im not too happy either.

But today, I have a better mind and Im re-motivated to make the next three months better than ever. We're going to another conference at the end of June, so Im working on that plan. I should be almost half way to goal. I've got to stay consistent with my eating. That's my down fall.

So Im off to get my 2 miles in on the treadmill and the Upper Body of High Reps done. BBl

Shereta

Happy Easter, ladies.

Last week was not a good one for me, work has been majorly stressful, my eating was horrible, no workouts, no tracking. I've had enough! Work I can't control, and it is what it is. I have to adjust to the extra long hours and try to make the best of a bad situation. I can however control what I eat. And, I can do what workouts I have time for and try to be happy with that for now.

I have decided to embark on STS. I'm only doing to do the upper body workouts though, as my knees cant take the lunges/squats. I'm going to commit myself to doing the 2 upper body workouts each week for starters as well as either a yoga routine, a floor leg routine or a cardio workout. I know that's not a balanced fitness program, but trying to add in everything is stressing me out too much. I've been putting in so many hours at work, in addition to filling in nights and weekends, that committing to anything more is not realistic right now.

I've debated about starting STS in the midst of everything else going on...see, second guessing myself already lol! Maybe committing to a 30 minute workout 4 days a week????
Why do I make things so difficult for myself???

Ok, off to go workout....not sure what yet, but I have the day off and I need to do something, I'll report back later!! ;)

I did STS Mesocycle 1, week 1...Chest, Shoulders, Biceps....great workout, I skipped one pushup section. My arms were shaking when I was washing my hair afterwards in the shower, always a "good" sign!

I'm at 11 PP's today, but junk food/bacon points. I'll see what I can salvage with the rest of my day.

Go Stacy! Yay!

Please join...well, just me so far... in the new thread for the week - 5th week of April.

I think one thread per week keeps them from getting too long.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.