Weight Wachers

lemoncustard

Cathlete
Dear Weight Watchers Members:

On the WW Website, I began a "Cathe" group. The only response I got was:

"Ohhhhhhhhhh. Workout guru. Looks like a lot of work to me! :)"

Please help spread the word.

Also, has anybody figured out WW activity points for Cather workouts?

Thanks,

Rhonda

Well, it's been a few years since I've been on WW, but it used to be one point for every 100 calories burned. I wear a heart rate monitor, and I have to be working pretty hard to burn 400 calories in an hour (Imax2 or KPC, for example) which would be 4 points. I can get up to 500 with Intensity or a spin class. A leg workout is around 300 calories for me, while an upper body workout is maybe 150-200.

I do know that how many calories I burn depends on my weight and my fitness level - I'm in a pretty good place right now, but when I weighed more I would burn more because it would just be harder!

hi lemoncustard....i think i am going to be starting WW soon and will be glad to join ur group....i have to do something different to get the rest of this weight off of me and i want to try WW to see if it helps.....so i'll b joining u soon:)

Hi Rhonda. I just joined your Cathe group.

I've lost 8.6 lbs since January 27th on WW and have been doing Cathe workouts for over 10 years. The past few weeks I've been struggling so thanks for getting this group started. I could use some motivation.

I'll go search for it now. I got serious with WW at the end of October. When my LIS arrived in the mail, I wholeheartedly re-committed myself to it. I have only lost 16 lbs since then, but I was doing STS from the end of Dec. to the end of March. I lost fat and gained muscle.

They changed the APs. I wear a HRM and divide total calories burned by 80.

I just joined the WW group Rhonda! :)

Been on WW for just about one year now. I lost about 11 pounds in 4 months and have been successfully maintaining ever since. Love the program!

I just joined the WW/Cathe group too. (Alleycat) Thanks for starting it, Rhonda. I want and need to lose 20 more lbs. I do well for a week, and then slide. I'm tired of it already!

Goodmorning
I would also like to join your group on the WW forums but I don't know where to find you guys. Where do I go?????

Thanks,

Rhonda

Awesome, Rhonda! Where do I find it? That was a brillian idea.

Pam

Does this group still exist on the WW boards? If so, which forum? Coincidentally, it was on the WW boards many years ago that I first heard about Cathe workouts.

Thanks,

Rhonda

Rhonda - please give directions on how to find the Cathe group. I have been thinking of joining WW - and I'd like to find your group first. Thanks for doing This!

I'm a WW lifetime member, although not currently at goal, and am now attending meetings weekly again. One of my pet peeves with WW has always been the activity points. There never seemed to be a good ways to calculate them. Most of the leaders don't do anything near Cathe style workouts and aren't much help. Here in Southern California they have just introduced a new tool called ActiveLink (we're one of the test markets) it's a small device that you wear all day and it's supposed to accurately calculate all your activity. I have one but haven't set it up yet (I'm having some problems with my online account). I'll look for your group and post my findings just as soon as I find the time to call WW's 800 # and get my account fixed.

Is anyone still doing WW and Cathe? I have decided to get with the plan again on Monday. Weight isn't budging and I am no longer where I should be. Hoping WW helps me again as it did a couple years ago. I am thinking about WW online. Is there a checkin for this or a forum on WW still going.

Rhonda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.