Weight Set

koboww

Cathe,

Could you please tell me what weight set (barbell) you are using in your new Hardcore Series DVD's. Who manufactures the set, are they vinyl or cast iron, and where can they be purchased? I am looking for a 40-lb barbell weight set and none of the local sporting goods stores have one. I am looking for a 5-lb bar, with 2-10's, 2-5's and 2 2-1/2 1b weights, preferably vinyl.

Please Help!!

Thanks Much!!!

I don't mean to jump in on Cathe, it's just that I just got what you are asking about, so I piped in.

I got mine from the Walmart web site. It comes w/ the 5lb. bar, 4 10-pound weights, and 2 5-pound weights and the clips not the screw ons for $19.66 + S/H. It came to $43. Maybe your local Walmart carries it, mine did not so I had to order online. I know some say that is expensive for shipping, but like you, unless I wanted to pay around $100 and get a ton of weights, that was all I could find in my area.

I ordered 2 2.5-pound weights from fitnessfirst.com for like $5.97 or something close to that and they fit nicely on the bar from Walmart.

I hope this helps. Happy shopping!

~Stephanie~

PS.....Someone mentioned going thru Amazon and they have a good set w/ cheap shipping but it had 2 20-pound weights and some others and I knew that just wasn't what I wanted.

Your help is greatly appreciated! Thnaks Much!!

I tried to go to fitnessfirst.com and they do not have the United Stated as a country you can select from. Without selecting a country I could not move off the home page.

I am interested in where you bought you 2.5 pounds weghts, any suggestions?

Thanks Again!!

Wendy, I ordered my Troy lite from fitness 1st. Go to Fitness1st.com
not fitnessfirst.com. They are two different companies I think. Fitness 1st is in Overland Park, KS, my hometown. I also have their catalog. I just went to their wesite and there is no country selection. Hope this helps.
Oh, another suggestion. I looked at the walmart barbell also. I believe the shipping on that was around $20. I asked my local walmart it I could have it shipped to the store and they would have done that for me to save shipping costs. I picked the Troy because of the brand, and I think the bar is shorter than Walmarts.
Good luck,
Sharron

Sharron,
Hello there!

I was curious how you like the Troy Lite weight set. and how easy it is to change the weights out? I bought a 100lb vinyl set from Dicks sporting goods for $24.00..but the weight is very hard to change out and the spring collars are hard to squeeze.. How is the Troy system working out for you?

Thanks
Denise:7

Ok, I'm not Sharron, but...

I love my Troy Lite set! The weights are very easy and quick to change and it's a really great set. The bar is not too long, it always feels sturdy, and although the spring clips are easy to remove/put on, they never feel loose or unsteady.

Just my $.02!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.