Weight of Weighted Vest?

>that's a good idea! also... i was just looking at it again
>online... it looks like the unit vest is already layered? is
>that right?
>
>sheesh.... 199 for a stinkin' vest! lol! OY!
>
>
>-------------
>cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional
>10-15 calories burned!
>

No, it isn't layered, but you can get an inner vest to increase the weight load. One other thing -- it doesn't actually hold 20 pounds of weights -- the flex weights are a 1/2 lb each and it can hold up to 18 of them, but I'm sure the vest itself weighs at least a pound.

ETA OOPS! It holds up to 36 weights for a total of 18 pounds. Sorry :eek:

ahhhh OK... thanx (again! lol!) so the pics they are showing are what you do if you buy the undervest! got it!

ok.... i was getting confuzzled... but now i get it! you are talking about the uni 20 pound short... right?

so is THAT the one most people get? i thought most were getting the uni 44?

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

http://www.picturetrail.com/desertbriez

oh wait! i think i'm getting this!

the uni-44 is the uni 20 with an undervest! the uni44 is a "system" which includes the vest and undervest!

at least that is what i'm getting from reading the description(s)

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

>ahhhh OK... thanx (again! lol!) so the pics they are
>showing are what you do if you buy the undervest! got it!
>
>
>ok.... i was getting confuzzled... but now i get it! you are
>talking about the uni 20 pound short... right?
>
>so is THAT the one most people get? i thought most were
>getting the uni 44?
>
>
>-------------
>10-15 calories burned!
>
>http://www.picturetrail.com/desertbriez

I believe the Uni-vest with 44 lbs is the short vest WITH the inner vest. I didn't get the inner vest yet, but I probably will eventually. I just couldn't afford all of that at once. I figure the short vest with 18 lbs is plenty to get me started...OTOH the inner vest IS on sale :p

What to do...what to do ;)

*passes out* good gawd! i just checked shipping and it's $56 SHIPPING for the 44 pound vest! YIKES!

i may have to find another alternative! (just when i had pretty much decided on the uni vest! UGH UGH UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! (it's 33 for just the uni-vest without the undervest!...)

and i'm sure this is strictly a mail order company... i won't be able to find it anywhere in a store to buy it to bypass the shipping charged! GRRRRRRRRRRR

-------------

Jeez, at those prices I am picturing myself with a couple of sand bags tied together and slung around my neck and shoulders LOL.

>*passes out* good gawd! i just checked shipping and it's
>$56 SHIPPING for the 44 pound vest! YIKES!
>
>i may have to find another alternative! (just when i had
>pretty much decided on the uni vest! UGH UGH UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> (it's 33 for just the uni-vest without the undervest!...)
>
>and i'm sure this is strictly a mail order company... i won't
>be able to find it anywhere in a store to buy it to bypass the
>shipping charged! GRRRRRRRRRRR
>
>
>-------------
>10-15 calories burned!
>

I can't remember what I paid for shipping. I'm sure it was less because I didn't get the whole system with the under vest. But look here -- this might be of interest to you.

Response from Cathe in the "Ask Cathe" forum:
http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=2&topic_id=84993&mesg_id=84993&page=#85046

Hi Tina! The vest we are wearing is 10 pounds. We also have an adjustable vest that ranges up to 40 pounds but it is not as contoured and sleek as this vest.

I'm currently designing another sleek 20 pound vest for my Fitness By Cathe line which will address the issue of being limited in the amount of weight you can safely lift over your head while lifting with heavier weight.

But let me share with you the awesome uses and benefits of the current 10 pound vest we have:

It works like a charm in increasing your metabolism in muscle endurance workouts, especially lower body ones that include any kind of lunges, squats, leg presses, etc.

It is also great to put on for an outdoor power walk followed up by walking lunges (yes, keep the vest on for the lunges too and just watch your heart rate and metabolism go through the roof ).

It is also a great way to increase your strength when doing any version of pull ups. If you see our pull up/chin up variations on the blog you can see how this additional weight would greatly intensify any version you choose

These are just some of the many ways to enjoy the 10 pound vest.

>*passes out* good gawd! i just checked shipping and it's
>$56 SHIPPING for the 44 pound vest! YIKES!
>
>i may have to find another alternative! (just when i had
>pretty much decided on the uni vest! UGH UGH UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> (it's 33 for just the uni-vest without the undervest!...)
>
>and i'm sure this is strictly a mail order company... i won't
>be able to find it anywhere in a store to buy it to bypass the
>shipping charged! GRRRRRRRRRRR
>
>
>-------------
>10-15 calories burned!
>

I don't have the time to read through this one, but take a look and see if it's what you are looking for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ironwear-Fitnes...ryZ28067QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Namita

>Kathryn, which vests do you have? I just bought the short
>uni-vest and I love it. I'm thinking about getting the inner
>vest later on.

I have the short uni-vest and the under vest. I also bought one of the short cool vests for walking (looks more presentable in public!)

I was at Palm Desert Friday and they didn't have any. I looked for a shelf tag thinking maybe they were out but I don't think they carry them at all in Palm Desert. I got mine at the La Quinta Walmart.

>>*passes out* good gawd! i just checked shipping and it's
>>$56 SHIPPING for the 44 pound vest! YIKES!
>>
>>i may have to find another alternative! (just when i had
>>pretty much decided on the uni vest! UGH UGH
>UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>> (it's 33 for just the uni-vest without the undervest!...)
>>
>>and i'm sure this is strictly a mail order company... i
>won't
>>be able to find it anywhere in a store to buy it to bypass
>the
>>shipping charged! GRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>
>>-------------
>>cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional
>>10-15 calories burned!
>>
>
>I don't have the time to read through this one, but take a
>look and see if it's what you are looking for.
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/Ironwear-Fitnes...ryZ28067QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>
>Namita

the description looks right... i can't access ebay from work (darned firewall) but i'll check it out when i get home! THANX!

-------------

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.