Weight loss....WHEN!?!

pharaoh

Just need some encouragment/advise. It's only been a month but I'm really working at working out four days a week, rotating STS and shock cardio. I'm cut my calories down to about 1200 a day (weigh now about 122, 5'2") and I just don't think I have lost a pound.

Is that normal? My boyfriend thinks the weight might not come off for months and to just hang in there. Just needs some wisdom, words of advise...anything!

You might not like my reply. I wouldn't diet at all. You might stay 122lbs but you will lose inches after meso 2 or 3. I'm 5'2" and 59 years old. I now weigh 172lbs after dieting my whole life. At 30 years old I weighed 119lbs and thought I needed to diet. I have for 29 years. What I really needed was Cathe but she wasn't around then. I tried to eat 1200 calories but that can only last for a little while. I have wrecked my metabolism and hope you don't. Try eating 100 calories fewer than you normally would.

At 5'2, that might be the weight you are supposed to be. how much do you want to lose?

1200 is VERY low especially if you are doing STS and cardio. i would up the calories, eat clean, and I agree with the previous poster, you may lose inches in meso 2 and 3. but i definetly think you should eat more and say if you haven't cleaned up your diet, do so.

Wow you guys. Those are great answers and interesting as well. I am 48 so I know my metabolism is slowing down. I'd like to drop 10 lbs...but like you guys are thinking...if I keep the 10lbs but its all muscle, I wouldn't care.

Any yes...I'm starving!

Not sure why you would want to loose any more weight, however to each her own. I just finished Meso 1 and didn't loose any weight, but lost inches. Which I was just as happy about. I would encourage anyone getting ready to do STS to take your measurements before you start, that way even if you don't loose weight you will see result by the measuring tape.
mhunt

my advice is to not focus on the scale. what you want to be doing is going by how your clothes fit. with STS your going to be adding new muscle and losing fat so the number on the scale might not change but your measurements will becasue muscle takes up less room then fat. Also, i would NOT go under 1200 cals. STS is intense and you need to fuel your body. I'm only an inch taller then you and i can lose on 1500 a day. If i try to eat less i feel terrible and i end up binging. Stick with the rotation until the very end and then take your measurements (again not scale weight). Good luck!

Thanks for the replies. I am going to take measurements this monday and just eat clean and work out and keep going. I am just in another pant size then I was when I was younger...and keep fighting it.
I get discouraged when I don't lose and use it as an excuse to give up. Not going to do it anymore. I've got about 4 months before spring and I think I can start to make a difference if I try.
I'll really concentrate on eating clean though!:)

Meso 2 the second time around was a major fat loss for me. I only lost a pound or two on the scale but dropped like 3 pant sizes in 8 weeks.
Beth

Holy cow Bethj...did you do anything else? Just the three sts workouts a week and some cardio? Lots of cardio? Cardio after the sts? Please spill.

If I could just feel comfortable in my clothes I wouldn't worry about every pound.:eek:

All good advice here! I just want you to know that I am also 48. I was having so much difficulty losing weight until I started eating clean and doing Cathe workouts. I was mostly doing cardio when I was focusing more on losing the weight and it did come off! I've hit my goal weight and now am at the end of Meso 2. I took my measurements before I started and after Meso 1. I'll be doing it again after Meso 2. I'm maintaining my weight now. I fluctuate between 122 and 125 and that works for me!

Don't give up! Keep working and take a good long look at your nutrition!

Have most of you (especially you guys that are losing pants sizes) doing just STS and on alternate days doing either shock or some sort of cardio or are you doing more.

Sometimes I think I can get better/quicker results by doing STS and cardio the same day...five days a week.

My best advise while doing STS- DON'T watch that scale! My weight went up during STS, but like the others, my size went down. I only did my STS workout on STS days and did cardio on all the days in-between. I'm 5'2 as well. remember that a body needs a certain amount of calories for things like- breathing, walking, moving. If you're down at 1200 calories (which in my opinion is basically starving yourself if your doing STS) then your body is probably in starvation mode. It knows that it isn't getting enough so it's holding on to every calorie you put in. Feed that muscle good clean food and the results will come :)

Jenn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.