Weight Limit Question

Abbyka

I teach aerobics classes at a local university and often have 250 to 300 pound football players in my classes.....I do some power moves with them using the step so far all my steps are holding up.....I don't do moves that have them jumpng from the floor on the step full force just power moves one leg at a time....I hope this makes sense.

I've lost 100 lbs so far doing various other exercises and have been wanting to get a step for a while now but a lot of them have a 200 lb weight limit. I'm 205. :( Is 5 lbs really going to make that much of a difference on the step I have my eye on? I read in the comments that the box it came in it says 350, not 200. So I'm on the fence on whether to get it or wait a while.

Amazon.com: Cathe Friedrich Fitness by Cathe Altus Step at Home with 2-Risers: Sports & Outdoors

All of the weight limits you see listed on just about any fitness product have more to do with preventing legal lawsuits than what the true maximum load the product can handle is. Our Cardio Health Club step is rated and tested for 350lbs. It can handle more than 350lbs, but this is the maximum limit we feel safe putting in our advertisements.

We've used steps in our health club everyday for over 20 years and have never had one collapse or break and we certainly have people that weigh over 200lbs using them.

I just want to add my congrats, Abbyka, as to your wonderful 100 lb weight loss! Very good! You are an inspiration to me, and I'm sure to others too.
-- David

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.