Weekend Check-in Saturday, March 30th & Sunday, March 31st, 2024

CeciFifi

Cathlete
Good Saturday Morning Everyone,

Today I did a mix of Boho Beautiful Yoga for 30 minutes and added on 15 minutes of Boho Beautiful Pilates and the same for meditation (15 minutes). I am loving this site!

Nice to see you checking in Anita!

Have a lovely Saturday friends.

Good morning girls,

Siobhan, nice combination of Boho Yoga, Pilates & Meditation ! I am going to check them
out! Sounds like you are getting ready for Cathe's new workouts!

This morning I did The Firm- Firm Basics- Sculpting with Weights -45 min. I have always
liked the three Firm Basics as well as the 2 Prime Powers that they did....years ago......

Enjoy your weekend everyone.....Have a Happy & Blessed Easter!

Good morning!

(Waves to Siobhan and Linda) Up and at em this morning!

Latest update:
I got a note from my Dr through the medical portal yesterday. He advised shots for pain (I don’t have pain) or an ablation for permanent relief (I don’t need permanent relief — I need my limbs to stop falling asleep). He said I have “arthritis”. No mention of my scoliosis, my bulging discs, my stenosis, my severe Hypertrophy in my hip — nothing. All shown on the MRI. He said the shots would help to see which nerves were causing pain. I already know which nerves are causing pain — IT WAS LISTED ON THE MRI. He didn’t recommend PT or prevention, just shots (which is one of his specialties). He said his nurse would call me.

So I cancelled my appointment through the portal and wrote a very direct reason why. I’m so irritated.

Meanwhile, my left arm kept falling asleep yesterday. Again, I told this to the Dr (above) when I went in for my initial appointment. He ignored that. Also refused to give me an MRI on my neck. After a big back and forth on what I should do, I just went to the ER. There was nothing else to be done. They actually took me seriously and ordered a CT scan on my neck and head.

Looks like I have “degenerative” changes in my c4-c5. We can’t see the specific extent of it because we need an MRI for that. But yeah — I have once again been validated. There is something going on in my cervical spine. I would guess, based on the MRI of my lumbar region, that it’s also stenosis. But I’ll need a Dr to order an MRI.

The PA at the ER said that, at 47, if I am already needing MRIs on my back and neck, that I need to see a neurosurgeon. So she gave me information on a good one that they work with. I don’t want surgery, necessarily, because I literally don’t know anyone who has had lasting results from back surgery. But if it’s just therapy, I can get on board with that.

This morning, the left side of my face is tingling. And I have tingling in the back of my head, behind my ears. Which means that the main vein that supplies blood to my brain might be compressed (probably because of “degenerative changes” in my cervical spine).

The hospital didn’t give me any meds — nothing really works for this. And I don’t have any real pain. My BP is perfect, I don’t have diabetes — not even close — I don’t have high cholesterol. I am about 45 lbs overweight, but I’m losing weight (already down 25 lbs). My risk group is super low for this being anything other than a freak genetic condition. My mom, sister, maternal grandmother, etc, have a history of lumbar spinal issues. My sister (who is 2 years older and a very different morphology) was just diagnosed as stage 2 spindilosis/thesis. So we apparently just have funky spines.

BIG SIGH

No idea what’s going on. Except that I need my spine! LOLOLOL

Looking at therapeutic exercises for stenosis (online), I’m told crunches are forbidden, but you can do leg raises. No twisting of the spine, etc. But you can do glute bridges, etc. So I’m figuring it out.

I can’t do any sort of high impact or quick-movement exercise. I can’t even walk briskly or my leg will fall asleep. I can walk, but it has to be sort of a quick stroll. Otherwise, I get numbness and tingling (and I get scared, TBH).

I did join YMCA so I can swim. I wanted to start yesterday, but they were closed for Good Friday (which, okay, fair — no complaints). Looks like they are all closed (in my area) until at least Monday.

So…. What do I do? I’m kind of afraid to move. LOL. The PA said don’t do anything that feels bad or makes the numbness worse. Check-check. But (she didn’t say this, I read this online) no crunches, no twisting, no sudden head/neck turning.

So I need to take a walk, do some stretches, and go to the dungeon and figure out what I can do that doesn’t make me faint LOL.

Did not think I would be dealing with this. But (shrug) here we are! I’ll figure it out and probably (well, definitely!) find exercises that make me feel amazing and hopefully relieve some stiffness and give me more flexibility and strength. I just have to be careful.

Big hugs to all! I will probably not be back until Monday. We have a pretty big weekend going on here. But I’m so proud of all of you! Have a blessed Easter.

So sorry you are going thru all this, Anita, my heart goes out to you.....hang in there, hopefully things will be addressed, and help can be given. Hope you & your lovely
family will have a Blessed Easter.

A great Saturday to everyone.

Anita, I’m sorry that you’re getting the run around. I can share some suggestions based upon my experience and the experiences of the rehabilitation clients I worked with. I don’t want to butt in.

One thing I will share is to never change or add more than on thing at a time and start with the simplest movement and build in complexity one step at a time. Don’t think in terms of strengthening until your problem areas are stable with day to day movement. This means you will know exactly what is helpful vs what is not.

I did have severe pain so walking for 2-minutes at a time, multiple times a day was my first exercise. I remember asking my physical therapist if I’d ever be able to move without analyzing it first. You feeling that way is normal - not fun - but normal.

Duh! I forgot my check in.

Today I did Cathe STS 2.0 Standing Abs: Metabolic Core Warm Up + Core Plus Floor - 25:15m + Essentrics Strength in Motion WO#2 Full Body 25m, Fascia Flossing Total Body 12m

Linda, I tentatively have a Firm workout scheduled for tomorrow.

Anita, I finally got to check out the Bob band Brad exercises that Nora linked to. A doctor of Physical Therapy for whom I worked used to have clients with lumbar disc bulges try the second prone exercise they show. It would sometimes reduce the bulging and along with additional treatment help close it.

Hi Lannette, you did a FUN Abs workout today, together with your Essentrics Strength in Motion WO#2 Full Body 25m, & Fascia Flossing Total Body 12m. Nice!

Can’t wait to see which Firm you will do tomorrow! :)

Happy Easter Ladies!

Today I did a Cathe Live - Strong & Fit (?) for legs and shoulders. It was 46 minutes and flew by. I've done this one before. It's fun. I added on 15 minutes of Boho Beautiful Yoga. Linda - BB just makes yoga fun. I can't explain it.

Great workouts so far this weekend, Linda and Lannette :) .

Anita - geesh! you have been through the ringer. this has gotta be so frustrating for you and you don't seem to have clear answers. thank you for updating us and letting us know what's going on. I hope you are able to start swimming this week.

Waves to Nora and Annette.

Have lovely day everyone.

Happy Easter and a great day to everyone!

Siobhan, Your workout sounds really good.

This morning I did The Firm Vol#1 Warm-Up through the Push-ups 30m, Basic Pilates Reformer 25m, Upper Body Fascia Flossing 5m

I had a goal to do this Firm again by the end of June. I hit my goal early and was able to do all the push-ups from my toes as a bonus. Teaming it up with Reformer work felt perfect for my goals. I’m still on a workout high. :)

Happy Easter!!!

Still laying low. The pool was closed for the weekend but I am headed out there today. Will let you know how it goes.

Great stuff, ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.