Week of 3/30 - 4/5 Pregnancy checkin

Hi ladies! Can I creep in here? I was previously posting in the M/C TTC forum but I had my first appointment today and I got to see my little bean. I am approximately 7 weeks and we got to see a strong heartbeat. It all still feels very surreal to me right now. I feel a little odd too because most of you ladies are so far along!

By the way, my name is Jen and I am 29 and my DH is 36. We've been married for almost three years and together for 7. I had an ectopic in December and this pregnancy will be our first baby.

Hello to everyone and I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Jen

Jess thanks for your comments on AP. I love carrying her (and my boys when they were babies) around in a sling. I even made two very colorful ones!! I had her in the sling when I went grocery shopping and others looked at me like I was crazy. I agree with most of the AP thoughts too.

Jen... I am exercising very slowly. My cardio is only about 20-25 min every other day. then I am doing low weights (as heavy as the baby). yesterday, I did run/walk intervals on the treadmill (c5k program week 1)- it wasn't so bad.

Hi Allison, Hi Jen (sweetpea) I already had my baby, I am hanging around for a few more weeks.

Hi everyone that I missed.

Hello Jen, Jess, Clarissa, Skyy, Laura, Jen (sweetpea) and Allison!

I'm still sticking around for a while too...mostly in lurkdom...haha. Whenever I put the little one down, I'm off to play with the bigger one. That's probably been my biggest struggle...how to make sure I'm giving the older one (who's 4) enough attention while trying to take care of the younger one (who's 4 wks).

Laura, I think I had the varicose vein thing that you mentioned. Mr dr told me it was my inferior vena cava. Something about there was pressure on it and some of the blood that should be flowing back to the heart is unable to return and pools down there. It was huge, tender and swollen (and lumpy/veiny) on the right side only. It went away after I had DD. Phew.

Skyy, I wish I could get DD to like her sling. I think it's me not knowing how to position it correctly. Definitely could have used it today. She's down for a nap now, but it's her first one today (6pm). She's been crying/cranky and wanting to nurse all day. Poor girl...I think her tummy's been gassy and the only way she knows how to soothe herself is to eat. Totally how I soothe myself too. = )

Tana

Well its good were getting so many new pregnancies. So when we leave you all will have gotten to know eachother.

Congrats Jen (sweatpea) :)

Well I'm sad to say that I have to put my cat down I think. My youngest (5) just got scratched pretty bad from her today and got a cut on his head. She was never declawed and the vets won't do it now cause of her age and shes overweight. I had my neighbor who is an ER dr come over and look at it. He put one staple on it and gave me a presciption for antibiotics to be safe. This isn't the first time shes hurt him. Shes bitten him on the face twice. The first time DH wanted me to get rid of her but we've had her for 8 years and I thought it was just cause DS was playing to ruff with her. He also likes to get down in her face alot which I keep telling him not to. The second time DH didn't know. He was gone. I told DS to never play with her anymore. alotta good that did. This time he is gone too but I realize this is the last straw. I don't know why shes like that. sigh. DH doesn't like pets much so I wanted to hold onto her cause I love having pets. but I can't have her hurting my kids esp with a baby on the way. I'm really sad about it. sigh. Shes really sweet but she seems to think its ok to scratch and bite which it isn't. Part of that is that DH played ruff with her when she was a kitten and I told him not to and he didn't listen to me. uuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh! :(

congrats jen!

jess can u give the cat to someone..maybe without small children.. instead of putting her down?

I can't think of one person. After the first time this happened I asked and everyone including family said no. Who would take a cat that bites/scratches, is not declawed(most people want declawed cats) and is overweight.. sigh... I don't know what else to do? any suggestions?

IS your cat ok with adults? Or does he scratch and bite you and everyone else as well?
You could always post an ad on craigslist.org, they have a pet section where you can give him/her up for free or charge a fee. You should check it out. If it is ok with adults or older kids, it would be worth a shot.
i'd suggest a no kill shelter but i dont know if there are any in your area, and cats tend to get euthanized quickly because there are so many. Maybe there is someone out there who would like your cat...maybe post an ad and see ?
Just a suggestion :) I found my doggie on craigslist so its worth a shot!

That's a tough decision, Jess. We had to give our 11 yr old Bassett Hound up after she snapped at our DS when he was 1 and learning to walk. Luckily, my in-laws took her in. She just wanted to lounge around and sleep. They were both retired. It was like a happy retirement home for her.

Is your cat pretty low-key when she's left alone? Does she bite & scratch you? Maybe it's just kids that rub her the wrong way. My in-laws took in a cat a while ago temporarily that still had claws. The cat left their furniture alone and stayed hidden most of the time during the day. They actually missed her when the owner came to pick her up. Do you know any older/retired people or bachelor men that could take her?

Jen, you found your adorable little dog on craigslist??? That's AWESOME! I never would have thought of there to look for a pet. Very cool!

Jen - Congrats on the baby, we are right together, but I do not have my first appointment for two more weeks. :( This is my first too.

Jess - Thanks for the encouragement. I am not too worried about what is to come, just doing my best with where I am now and taking notes on what needs to done when I encounter any problems.

Morning ladies.
about the cat. I'm still thinking.. I'll make sure I explore all options before I do anything. I just feel really bad hes hurt again. The first time I threw a fit and refused to get rid of her. DH was really mad. She does like to "play bite" so I don't even pet her that much anymore. It doesn't draw blood though usually or hurt THAT bad. SO I guess DS booboo was just a scratch. but it was a pretty good one! enough to need a staple in the middle. I don't like seeing my boys hurt. as much as I love my cat. This breaks my heart to be sure. I'm afraid even if an older couple get her that she'll play bite/scratch and they'll get rid of her anyway. sigh. I put up with her cause I love her anyway but I doubt someone else would. It's to where if I see my kids playing with her I tell them to get away from the cat. not any fun for them to have a cat they can't touch. I obviously can't watch them 24/7 either I turned my back and this happened yesterday. sigh. I don't want to keep it from DH either. Even though he'll say I told you so. I said I didn't think a real booboo would happen again if they just left her alone. He's right. next time it could be an eye or something serious. sigh. :( Part of me wants to still keep her and just get more strict about "leave the cat alone" and I haven't kept up with clipping her nails which would've prevented this last thing. I'm really bummed. :(

Well sorry to drag my cat drama in here.
I have my 36 week appt today then when I get home I'm going to throw my oldest his bday party early. His real bday is the day before my DD so cutting it too close for comfort. I have to make a cake now and wrap his presents real fast. have a good day everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.