Week of 3/30 - 4/5 Pregnancy checkin

Hello all.
Figured we need a new checkin started for the week.

Tana -4 weeks left. I'm 36 weeks tomorrow!

I have a shower this saturday also. I hate that its so last minute. cause I really ended up buying most necessities. I hope they use my registry. I really don't need anymore 0-3 mo clothes. My mom sent me a ton and I got some used from friends already.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

hi jess! i wont leave you hanging :)
how hace u been feeling? getting anxious??
good luck at the shower i hope u get what u need too...

I'm still here! 35 weeks today so my DH took these pics this morning. Be nice! I'm retaining about 2 lbs of water and can tell because my skin is really tight!

Attachments

• 35 weeks front loose.jpg
    35 weeks front loose.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 35 weeks front tight.jpg
    35 weeks front tight.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 36
  • 35 weeks side loose.jpg
    35 weeks side loose.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 39
  • 35 weeks side tight.jpg
    35 weeks side tight.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 33
14 weeks

Hi everyone,

First, if I haven't said it already, thank you for all the first trimester/first baby advice. Everyone was right. I feel so much better at the start of my second trimester. I'm exercising again (OK, I could only do 20 minutes at a time of Gym Style Legs but it felt great and 30 minutes of Cathe step was just right). I'm not eating so crazy anymore (I gained way too much in the first trimester). I just feel so much better. Thanks to all for their encouragement. And thanks for sharing! It's great to hear where everyone is and see those baby photos. Only 26 weeks to go--or so!

Dawn

Jen - I dunno about your bottle post. I guess I'll answer here. but I'd guess when your gone she'll get hungry enough to take it then get used to it. I think they are probably right that she knows your around so she'll just wait for you ha. It'll probably be an adjustment but I'm sure she'll get used to it. Atleast you got your milk in fine and got her nursing well. I can ask my SIL what she uses for bottles/nipples. She works and pumps and nurses at home.
Thanks for asking. I feel ok. Just my hips bug me mostly.

Laura -you are so tiny. What do you think we'd say? ha. I look like 3x your size right now. ;)

Dawn -glad your feeling better. That first trimester was ruff on me too. Hope your able to keep up your workouts. :)

Calvillo, hopefully your guests will give you gift receipts, so you can exchange those 0-3 month clothes for bigger sizes!!

Laura, you're so tiny! Where's the baby?!?!

Dawn, glad you're starting to feel human again. That first trimester can really take it out of a girl, can't it? I didn't do much exercise until I hit week 13. I'm still debating whether or not to start a really modified STS (it was delivered a week after I found out I was pregnant -- what inconvenient timing!).

I have my 16 week appt on Friday. I think I'm going to decline all genetic testing, like I did last time. I'm a worry wart -- I would fret for the next 24 weeks. And I can't decide if I want to know gender this time or not. Last time I really wanted the surprise in the delivery room -- I want the surprise this time too, but if it's a boy, I'd sure love to start getting rid of all the girl clothes I have stored LOL

I realized I never really "introduced" myself last week! I just turned 36, SAHM to DD (who will be 3 in a week -- she is my Road Trip 2005 souvenier!). I also have 3 stepkids -- 16, 13, and 10 -- who are with us every other weekend Thurs to Mon morning and every other week in the summer. I do marketing consulting from home, and am on the board for a nonprofit that deals with art and healthcare.

Last edited:
Now you're all being really nice! I feel huge. I get the same comments a lot from people who see me, but I just take it in stride and realize that they all mean really well.

Dawn, I'm glad you're feeling better.

Jess, Have a great time at the shower. Mine is next Friday.

Pennstater, thanks for the intro. Glad you're here!!

Laura - you still look great! You and Jess are so close now! YAY! Are either of you nervous/excited/anxious yet??

Glad you can work out again, Dawn!!

Have a good day everyone.

Clarissa :)

Thanks so much! I'm anxious, but it comes and goes. I have the car seats installed, all the baby stuff organized, and all the classes for baby over. I want baby Ryan here, but know that it will be a challenge. I'm ready!!

Laura - you still look great! You and Jess are so close now! YAY! Are either of you nervous/excited/anxious yet??

Glad you can work out again, Dawn!!

Have a good day everyone.

Clarissa :)

Clarissa - Yeah I'm nervous.. but I'm ready to go. I am 37 weeks next week so he could come anytime after that. I'm still having that weird feeling in the pubic area. I'm going to ask about it at my appt friday. Did your dr say it was ok to w/o with that. I don't want to make it worse.

Pennstater - good to "meet" ya. :) I ordered STS last Feb but it was delivered when I was 6 mo pregnant so... I'm just saving it for after baby. I think I'll do a round of CLX first though since its shorter w/o's. Do you want us to call you Pennstater? I don't think you posted your name yet ;)

Laura -hope your feeling well. still keeping up the workouts?

No Jess, he wanted me off. It sucked. I cheated now and then and did upper body w/o's but trust me - HE didn't need to be the one to tell me to stop. I literally, literally could not workout any lower body or cardio - especially walking and any add/abduction. Even the slightest. But you know what? I am 100% back to normal now. Can't wait to get back into things soon!

Hope you will stay at the pain level you are currently at. I would hate for you to get worse like I did and need x-rays... Does merely turning in bed kill your pubic bone yet?

Clarissa... well. sigh. not quite that bad but when I get up to go to the bathroom or anything it hurts. I'm having an awful time turning over but thats more due to being huge than anything. I end up walking slow when I get up cause it bothers me. It also hurts when I stand and try to put socks/pants on. or if I try to push something with one foot. I have been walking lately cause its all I can really handle and it started to bother me the last few times so I was wondering if it was bad to walk.. maybe I should just chill till hes born. sigh. I hope it doesn't get worse either. WHen I last worked out with weights I did squats and it was hard and it felt funny but I wouldn't say it was really painful yet. seems it comes/goes right now. sometimes I feel fine but if I start doing anything much it could start hurting. mostly bothers me if I've just been laying still along time and get up. sound like what you had?? I need to ask the dr. thanks

Yeah, I'm still with the workouts. I actually cancelled my client last night so I could workout. I walked at 15% incline at 3.5 mph for an hour and then did triceps. This morning I did Back and Biceps and Cardio P90X. Plus, I jumped around a little on my trampoline, jumping jacks, etc. I just don't feel that P90X really gives me everything that I need (and I don't think it's because I'm not working hard enough--I DO!!!).

I think I have a varicose vein in my right labia. It's all swollen and when I showed my DH, he said that's what he thought it looked like. It's definitely a vein and inflamed. Have you all ever had this? I soaked a pad in witch hazel (RN suggested it) and it helped a little.

I am seven weeks! I feel like everyone else is so close, and am not looking forward to all of the aches and discomforts you guys are describing of being big. :p I am looking forward to meeting this little person though.
I have been really tired, but no morning sickness so far.
I am doing STS 3 times a week and that is all for formal exercise.

Laura - I have noticed that to an outsider most pregnant women kind of go through 3 stages, can't tell your pregnant (even if you can see a tiny belly), cute little pregnancy belly, then about 4 - 8 weeks before the baby is due it looks like they could deliver any time. Your pictures make you look like you still have a cute little belly. I am sure you will be great with Ryan.

Pennstater - Best wishes for your upcoming appointment, I am sure that you will make the best decisions about testing for your family.

Hi everyone,

Jess, Laura you both are getting so close!! Hi to all the new ladies.

Jess... I had kind of the same problem too. Only it was on my left side. I couldn't turn too quickly or I would be in pain. I found myself putting more weight onto my right.

Laura.... Your pics are cute. you are very fit!! I will send you a PM later on today.

Hi Clarissa. How are you doing?
Tana... Jen... I miss you ladies!! I am going to be honest I kind of miss being pregnant. I know crazy right?? It must be the baby blues.. I love having Anna though!! I have this baby sling and I "wear" her all the time. my hubby says that I need to put her down!!! I probably should.

My workouts are still going strong. I am into week two (thank you Laura) and I feel better. I still have a long way to go- but baby steps right?

have a good day ladies,

Skyy -I replied to your AP post. If shes fine with being put down I would.. but if shes wanting me then I'd carry her in a sling. thats how I do it. It may seem harder but it feels natural to me and it is very temporary. They'll want to take off and play soon enough. If you read up on it there are many benefits IMHO also for their developement. There are just different ways of looking at the same thing and I guess I agree more with the AP side of things. Glad your enjoying her. I have to say I'm not going to miss being preggo. This time for some reason has really got me beat. My first two I enjoyed. My last one I stayed super fit the whole time. This time with my hip/pelvic issue I can hardly get around at times.

Clarissa-I think the reason it doesn't bother me at night is cause I made a big cooshy bed for myself lol. I sleep on a big HUGE down comforter and I use a big poofy body pillow and a bunch of other pillows. But I did notice last night it sorta aches all the time.. just hurts when I get up or try to use one leg for something. sigh! Its achy now sitting here.

Dragonfly -hope we aren't scaring you. My last pregnancy was much less "eventful" as this one. and really I don't have much to complain about. This is my third and this time I'm just ready for it to be over for some reason. so don't mind me! lots of people really enjoy being preggo even at the end. ;) Do you have more kiddos? Congrats again.

Laura -aw man I'm a bit jealous. I hope I can get back into full swing after baby. I'm ready to feel more like myself again. I'm getting some swelling now in my feet and my shoes are getting tight too. dont mind my whining. ha.

Hi Everyone, im such a stranger/lurker on these boards now, eva keeps my hands full and im LOVING every minute of it!! She is already five weeks old!

I just wanted to say hi - Laura and JEss you are so close!
Welcome to the new people, i did not get a chance to get to know you before i gave birth.

Also, i feel like a SLUG! Everyone is working out post partum, but not me. Im five weeks PP but havent worked out once. I had a C section and im weary of tearing one of those stiched up layers..figured i'wait until my 6 wk check up and see if they give me the green light..better to be safe than sorry right?

HOpe you are all doing well!

Jen -yeah I'd be safe/careful with healing from that. In the long run its not that long.

Well today I am having my back nerves pinched really bad. I was limping around when out today. oy! ha. I'm ready for him to come...

Oh, right, my name! I'm Allison. :)

I went out for girls' night last night, and totally pigged out on guacamole and crab & cactus salsa. Yum! I hope that doesn't show up on the scale tomorrow at my 16 week appt. I've been drinking a lot of water today, trying to flush out all the salt from the chips LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.