Week of 2/23 Pregnancy Check in

Laura, you've got a baby belly! Yippee! I think you look great!

Jess, a free Chipotle burrito...that rocks! They're enormous, but oh so good...yummmmm. Dang, it's only 7:55am, but Mexican food sure sounds good right now.

Skyy, we only have 4 more days!! Wow! I'm excited for it, but then scared and nervous too. I'm starting to stress myself out a little. How long will you get for maternity leave?

Clarissa, hope you're having a great weekend!

Jen, the new pics are so sweet! She is a beautiful girl!

Off to see my little guy who just woke up and is paging me. Gotta go give him some morning kisses. = )

Yeah we have a new shopping center down the road. Chipotle is one of the new resteraunts so I guess its a promotion to get people trying it. I'd like to try the new mongolian bbq resteraunt thats there but its really new and always packed. probably expensive too.

Laura -I need to do a few belly pics too. I'm slacking w/working out though. ugh. The baby is SO active lately. Hes a ruff little guy like my second son. ha.

hi guys, popping in to say hi. newborns keep ya busy. altho she sleeps all the time :)
im loving every minute of her. my DH has been holding her for about an hour and i MISS her, even tho she is right next to me. i dont want her to grow, i just want to keep her this little always.
i hope everyone is doing well , i havent been checking in much and i was posting on the mom forum.

Jen -I spied on you in the mom forum haha. All that stuff you posted about is normal but I also suggest seeing a lactation consultant or something to be sure. I usually get dry cracked nipples the first week or so. that definetly SHOULD go away. One thing is the baby needs to get her whole mouth open wide enough so she has enough in her mouth and not just the end. A lactation consultant can make sure they are getting enough in there and sucking right etc cause stuff like that can cause pain. But it is normal to have a ruff time the first week or so. You could also ask about the feeding time cause honestly I don't remember exactly how long it took but I was nursing alot in the first few weeks.
You are making me want mine here NOW. ha. The next few months will go so slow. But then after hes born I'll be getting rest whenever I can. But every peep they make when they are tiny wakes me up. I have to check on them... and I'm already a light sleeper so add that all up and I end up pretty darn tired. ;) Glad your DH is there to help you.

Hello everyone else. no news yet of another baby born. ? :) Laura your going to be one of "those" moms who fit right back into prepregnancy clothes after baby ha. ;) I got comments like that but I was a size up for the first month or so. Thankfully for me nursing takes whatever extra I got right off. I really really REALLY gotta get my workouts going this week. I just got in late though and am about to shower and hit the sack. ugh. I'm also so darn tired all the time. It might be related to the platelets.. or even the magnesium thing.. or just cause I'm pregnant ha. Well I guess a new checkin will start tomorrow.

Thanks Jess! That's exactly what I needed to hear! I was up about 3-4 times last night--Ryan was sitting just underneath my right ribs and then all the way down to my left hip bone. S/he seemed to be "laying" out like I used to on the beach! I'm still in my regular clothes (those that were a little big. My appetite comes and goes (depending on whether or not I've had a bm). I hate that! I did a spin class this morning and it was great! I'm going to lift back at the gym at lunch today--need a break from work.

Laura your going to be one of "those" moms who fit right back into prepregnancy clothes after baby ha. ;) I got comments like that but I was a size up for the first month or so. Thankfully for me nursing takes whatever extra I got right off. I really really REALLY gotta get my workouts going this week. I just got in late though and am about to shower and hit the sack. ugh. I'm also so darn tired all the time. It might be related to the platelets.. or even the magnesium thing.. or just cause I'm pregnant ha. Well I guess a new checkin will start tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.