Week of 2/23 Pregnancy Check in

You still here Jen?

Thinking of you Jen. You still around?

And how are you Skyy? You are a week ahead of me so how r u feeling??

Hi everyone else!

Clarissa

morning all. not much to report. I didn't find out my platelets yesterday. I didn't know it was already in the system and I could've gone before my appt to get it done and they'd have the results. oh well. I did it afterwards and they will only call me if its like REALLY bad. The dr said the steriods could make them rise up again and also give me the possible option of an epidural... so I'm thinking now. hmm. Also the weight gain is mostly cause the steriods will make me really hungry? so I think as long as I can control my eating to healthy levels I should be ok? I hope. ha. They will start with those if I go below 90,000. So I'll find out soon. I have an appt in 2 weeks with a different dr. Thats the only thing with going more often near the end. I can't get the same person each time. :( I really liked having the same midwife up till now. oh well.
When I got my blood drawn after she took it off blood squirted all over my arm. ewww. She said I had a juicy vein. I thought maybe its cause I try to stay hydrated then I though oh I bet its cause my blood isn't clotting like it should. ugh!!

funny pic to share. this is my youngest with rocket balloons. he had to have a whole bunch and he did this like 3 times and so I grabbed a pic of the last set. ha.

Attachments

• IMG_4014-01.jpg
    IMG_4014-01.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 9
Thinking of you Jen. You still around?

And how are you Skyy? You are a week ahead of me so how r u feeling??

Hi everyone else!

Clarissa

Clarissa... I feel like I can have this baby at any time!! Last friday I was 2 cm and 50% effaced. But I was trying to hold out until DH came back into town today. He's back, and I feel alot better.

Every night now I think "this could be the night". But in the morning, no baby:p

I know that it is time to have this baby, everyone at work keeps asking "you're still here?"

Well... If I don't go into labor before the 4th, that is the day I will go to the hospital.

Jen.... Where are you?
Hi Jess, Hi Tana, Hi Laura

hi everyone
well im sure you all figured it out by now - i gave birth to Eva Mae on 0030 hours on Feb 25th
My last post monday said i was feeling heavy i think and around 230 am i started feeling contractions and by 430am they were five minutes apart lasting about 30-45 seconds each. i called my hubby and he came home and around 8am we headed to the hospital on the 24th.

When we got here they checked me and of course NOTHING was going on with my cervix and they were going to snd me home but they checked with my midwife, who knows about my cervi x being uncooperative

so..i went up to the dlivery room and just suffered thru the contractions. ladies, they were AWFUL and exetermely painful. they put me on pitocin and that made the contractions stronger, but also closer together. it got to a point where i just could not take it anymore, which was in the evening. i was crying, shaking and my body was just so weak and tired and the contractions were so god awful

in finally got some drugs. and then i think the midwife felt really abd for me since i wasnt making progress. around 5pm i was about only 1.5cm dilated. she actually gave me an epidural and said she never gves anyone one until they are 3cm.

my cervix wouldnt go beyond three and was not making progress. so finally at 11pm or so she said i had to do a c section, so i had to get prepped for that.

i was so tired and worn out, and then i had to get a c section done. basically i had about 22 hour of labor

Eva was born at 0030 hours,
and...

SHE IS 10 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10, pounds even. No wonder she didnt want to come out of there. and she is 21.5 inches long.

She is so beautiful and we love her :) I'm very sore but thats to be expected. I still dont see how anyone can have more than one kid. that was just pure tortuer and a very long labor

my DH brought the laptop in fror me . he went home for the nite last nite to sleep since he was up for about 2 days straight. so it was just me alone in the room r a long time. i ran a fever of 103.5 and i was waking up drenched in sweats to get the fever down.

im very sore, and my stomach hurts. i cant cough or laugh without being in pain its hard to move. i jut have to build up the courage to move

im sorry if this post doesnt make much sesne, im in pain and been drugged up since i got here monday and its been a long 24 plus hours

i just wanted to share the news. i love her and she is beautiful. i will post a picture in a new thread once we get them uploaded.

Congratulations! Oh, I just don't know what to say! I am so happy for you. But 10 lbs and this is your first baby, right? Wow. I can't wait to see pics. I am sorry you had so much pain and were so scared.
You know, I met a friend for lunch yesterday who is only about 4 weeks PP with a c-secion of a 9 lb boy - first child - and she is completely fine already. You can do it! I hope it goes by fast for you so you feel strong again soon. Enjoy your baby! I am right behind you w/ Skyy!

Love, Clarissa

Jen i am so happy for you!! I love her name and 10p is huge for your first baby. Rest and enjoy her:)

Candra

Oh boy!! I'm so happy for you Jen! I'm sorry it ended in a c section though esp after all that labor.
Can't wait to see a pic! and yep I was almost possitive you had her or were having her. ;)

Skyy and Clarissa -what are you guys due dates again?

Jen.... Congrads to you and hubby!!!!

Welcome little Eva Mae!!! 10 lbs..... Oh. I am glad you and baby Eva are healthy

Hi Jess! Due for a c-section on March 4. A week from today. Or as I tell my son...7 more sleeps. = ) When is your due date? (I'm thinking May something, but can't recall).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.