Week 2 Week 2/22/21 - 2/28/21

Hey everyone!! Omg it's been so long since I posted and I had a lot of catching up to do. I love this group and how everyone supports each other.

OK, Geoff, your mom is officially a badass, wow! How awesome to grow up with that kind of role model. Both my parents were pretty sedentary and overweight, so I found my own way to fitness, tho Mom did have some Richard Simmons tapes. I never witnessed her doing one but I used hers and that was my first foray into aerobics. Love Richard! I started running in my teens because I got tired of always sucking so badly in gym class, and the running unit was the only one I felt remotely capable of improving in lol. I've never been fast but loved long distance. I started doing The FIRM in my late teens and continued on and off into my 20s. In the interim I've been a spinning instructor, bootcamp (group fitness) coach, crossfitter, personal trainer, and marathon runner. I love hearing everyone's journeys!

This new job is running me ragged and I've been dealing with a pretty noticeable bout of depression, too. For a couple of weeks I couldn't bring myself to do much of anything but work and sleep, but I'm happy to say that seems to be improving. I need my workouts so much when it comes to my mental health so I'm relieved to be back into some kind of swing. I dunno about you other northern ladies but I am READY FOR SPRING.

Today I dragged myself through ICE Bootcamp Circuit + BB + MM biceps. Dang that was tough! I think for the next few weeks I may leave out the Blizzard Blasts until I get my stamina back lol. I've started alternating Cathe/FIRM days with spin days, to vary the intensity and type. I also walk in the afternoons with my husband when the weather cooperates.

Here's to March, everyone! I hope all of you have a great week!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.