we need your prayers, please.....

My sister's BIL was in a very serious car accident yesterday. He was t-boned by a big truck (not a semi) going at least 55mph going downhill. He was air lifted to the hospital yesterday around 6 with serious internal bleeding and a snapped L1. He was in surgery until about 1 this morning. They had to remove his spleen and he has a hematoma on one of his kidneys so he is urinating blood, but other than that his organs seem untouched. They had to give him 8 units of blood as of midnight and they did the best they could to stop the bleeding. His brain is swelling so he needs help breathing and he has a shattered pelvis. Thankfully his neck was not broken completely, so they think his spinal cord may be intact and he was moving his fingers and toes during surgery which means that he is not paralyzed.

That is the good news. He has been unconcious since impact and because of all the bleeding they cannot perform a c-scan. They are afraid that the impact may have caused a shaken baby syndrome type damage to his brain that is most likely irreversable. What is even worse, his father was on his way home from work and passed the accident and recognized it as his son's car just as they were lifting the gurney to the chopper. His father HAS to go to work today to work on something for the company that only he knows anything about. He has to be so traumatized and his mom is a wreck.

Please pray for the comfort of everyone involved especially mom and dad and my sister'w BF who has always looked up to his older brother and for God to get everyone through this. My son and I prayed last night for God to get him through the surgery, and he did, so we are praying more today! It is time to get our knees dirty! Also pray for him so that when he comes through this he will change his life. God will know what you mean.

Thank you so much, everyone.

Missy

ETA Just a reminder to be nicer to those around you and to tell the ones that you love what they mean to you.

Oh Missy, how terrible and so very sad. I hope this man is okay! He and his family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know of his progress!

Missy,

Sending good vibes to the man who was injured and to your family to help get all of your threw this rought time.

Kit

I am very sorry to hear about this Missy...I will certainly pray for you and your family.

Please keep us posted...

~Marietta
FITXME

Missy, I am so very sorry for this horrible accident. You & your family will be in my thoughts.

"you miss 100% of the shots you never take"

Debbie

Missy...that is awful...:(...my prayers and thoughts are with you and the families invovled. I hope and pray for the best...Carole

OH Missy, I'm so sorry to hear about this!!!

I hope he recovers well. Take lots of hugs for you and your family ((((((((( HUG ))))))))))

Keep us updated ok!

Yes Missy! I will certainly keep them all in my prayers and you too! Where two or more are gathered in prayer...Please keep us updated.
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Missy, I'm so sorry to hear about this terrible accident. I truly hope he comes through ok. I can't believe his dad had to go to work - especially after coming across the accident. I just couldn't do it. I'll keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us updated.

Angie

I'm so sorry this happened. My thougths and prayers are with your family.

FitDoggie

"The reward for work well done is the opportunity to do more."

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.