forum_admin

Administrator
Staff member

Watch Our First Video Clip From Lift, Move & Restore - Functional Barre Fusion

Functional Barre Fusion is an energetic workout that will run through 5 rounds. Each round includes lower body barre, upper body, and core exercises. A fun mix of equipment including a mini ball, firewalker loop, balance disc, and dumbbells will be used to keep our bodies guessing! Throughout the workout you’ll test your balance, mobility, stability, and flexibility. We’ll be using our STS bars to assist us with balance so have your bar or a chair handy. If you’re ready to give it a try, let’s get started!

*Pre-Order Cathe's Lift, Move & Restore now and Save! Act now as pre-sale prices end soon.
Learn more or pre-order here: https://bit.ly/4bO6lHn

So it's looking like I'm going to have to get the ball, huh. Didn't see anyone showing alternatives. I only say that because of the little squats with the ball between the knees. Not sure how to replicate that area getting targeted without the ball...
You could try a yoga block, a throw pillow or a short foam roller. Fortunately the small balls are easily found (my grocery store even carries them) and they're relatively inexpensive :)

ETA: this summer i did a round of all Cathe's barre/chair bonus work for legs & the bonus from Killer Legs worked my legs the best with using the ball & bands. Really helped in feeling the work more in inner thighs & hamstrings - adding just a little more resistance than bodyweight alone really contributed to the work!

Last edited:
I'm glad that I cleaned up during the Mega Boss sale! I got the ball, two yoga blocks, two balance discs and I already have a few firewalker loops. I love the thicker and wider TPE loops that Cathe released way back around the time of the Low Impact Series. I think they were still under the old Fitness By Cathe brand, they had a bit of a rough texture to them and by chance I found a package for sale on eBay and grabbed them. This looks like a great series and one thing is for sure, its still going to be a challenge. I remember when for the longest time I didn't buy the ICE series because "Intermediate" made me think easy. Wrong. Actually ICE is now one of my favorite series.

So it's looking like I'm going to have to get the ball, huh. Didn't see anyone showing alternatives. I only say that because of the little squats with the ball between the knees. Not sure how to replicate that area getting targeted without the ball...
You will still get results doing these exercises without the ball. Of course the results will not be exactly the same, but they are still very beneficial results. That being said, the mini yoga ball does add a lot of fun and variety to this series plus it is used in many of my past workouts too.

So are those 5# dumbells being used in the video? I'm not seeing another set or am I just not observant enough?
We use only one set of weights and they are 3 pound weights. But I encourage everyone to use whatever weight selection challenges them for each of the exercises. I think the 3 pounds will be considered quite light for those of you who are conditioned with my weight training. So you might want to have a set of 5’s or 8’s handy too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.