waist, abs, and bad back

are

I hope I'm posting this in the right forum. I've been doing Cathe videos since about 1996 or so, along with Firm classics. But as I reach 50 (!), I definitely can see that I need to work out harder for the same results. Along the way, though I've not really gained weight, my waist has gotten thicker, and my lower back problems have gotten much worse. Some years ago I had it drummed into me that lower ab crunches and even most standard oblique crunches don't really do much for narrowing your waist, and in fact, can make it thicker - so I've stopped. But what CAN I do? My back is not really strong enough to hold a plank position very long, though I'm working on that. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Like you, I have a bad back, and it is my neck and shoulders down to the middle of my back. My doctor told me that I can never put a barbell on my shoulders again. Did you try HRT? I thought I was going batty until my doctor put me on it. If you can, I would do my cardio to lose weight, and then your middle will become thinner. I can hardly do stomach exercises because of my neck, but I am able to do planks.

If you can, I would recommend more cardio, even if it is low impact, it will still burn fat and slim you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.