Videofitness.com forum

ChelePA

Cathlete
Anyone a member? I joined before Christmas and they still haven't activated my account. I sent two emails with no response. Wondering what to do?

Haha, I joined years ago and have sent a whole lot of emails begging to be added and still nothing lol. I believe they run off donations which id be happy to contribute to if I could access the forum. I love that place and wish I could comment. I hope you have better luck than I.
Don't hold your breath though :confused:

I just "lurk" on that site because they never added me. Oh well.
You aren't missing much. I don't want to be pissy about it, but I've been threatened to be banned a few times back in the day because I posted on threads about Cathe that rattled others, although in my head they were warranted. Definitely a pecking order on that site, with a leadership sword held in a few hands. Oh well, that being said, there are some super sharp women that will give off good pointers on injuries. I'm probably on everybody's ignore list on that site, so I don't bother posting much if at all now.

I've been a member for almost 20 years now. I find it a helpful, supportive place. It's just like ANY forum... there are disagreements and feelings can get hurt. I've never been on any forum that this wasn't the case at some point. I would definitely not say there is a pecking order... at least that's not my perception. I had no idea you had to be "added" to participate. I thought you just signed up, created a username and password and got started. But like I said, it has been 20 years, so I definitely can't remember the process.

ETA: You don't have to subscribe to participate, but most of us pay $20 per year to help keep the site running.

Last edited:
I too have been a member of VF for many years and it is one of my favorite forums. No trouble at all joining. There have been some controversies over the years but that is true everywhere. I have found members to be helpful and generous. There are lots of Cathe supporters there. I have learned a lot from VF members. What I particularly like is it is not instructor based. Any and all are discussed. Great site. Wendy does an amazing job as do all the moderators.

I have been member for few years. I "lurked" for years before posting my comments. Based on the length of my membership,
I must have missed something!!!

I had to send an e-mail to be able to comment. It took a while and I nearly missed the e-mail granting access to reply, comment various threads. The message was on my junk box....:)
I have not subscribed and would not mind. I have no clue what the $ 20 donation is for. Not sure
if the alleged "pecking order" is linked to the subscription payment.

What I like about the site in question is people are pretty much at their best behaviour.
I think a forum need monitoring (Moderators) to prevent some discussions from getting too heated to the
point of lack of respect and civility!

I like the site, it has been helpful:)

Last edited:
I feel that there are some members that seem to have a louder voice than others. But just like ANY forum, you will find people who are great and others who are snarky. It doesn't bother me at all....I don't live w/ these people. What kind of bothers me is that you absolutely can NOT talk about certain things. I understand the need to keep things "fitness related" but sometimes other topics are also helpful.

I love Video Fitness. I've been a member for a long time and don't recall any problem signing up. Like someone else said, perhaps check your junk mail box.

The only topic off limits at VF that I know of is diet. Not sure why it's off limits, but it's not a topic I miss chatting about, so it doesn't bother me.
The "downside" to VF for me is that I end up spending way more $$ on fitness DVD than planned because notice of every single new fitness release is posted over there.

Shelbygirl

I've been a member for almost 20 years now. I find it a helpful, supportive place. It's just like ANY forum... there are disagreements and feelings can get hurt. I've never been on any forum that this wasn't the case at some point. I would definitely not say there is a pecking order... at least that's not my perception. I had no idea you had to be "added" to participate. I thought you just signed up, created a username and password and got started. But like I said, it has been 20 years, so I definitely can't remember the process.

ETA: You don't have to subscribe to participate, but most of us pay $20 per year to help keep the site running.

You are one of those super-sharp women I was referring to (seriously). Absolutely, I agree that VF is a great place for support (like on this community).

VF surely is a go-to place if you want to expand your dvd collection and learn about different instructors. I've come across very kind, generous VF members, who gave away some DVDs and vice-versa from me, so I don't want to come across as forgetting that.

I suppose it goes back to a few pm's directly from Wendy that frosted me, which seemed ridiculous as I was responding to an inflammatory post. To me, if you write that sort of stuff, you are also inviting a response. The other thing I understand but don't care for, is the ban on discussing food and diet/supplements. Yet there are quite a few off-topic threads asking how to lose weight, that will be closed once they get interesting. I would place those topics up along with injury discussion, but they are allowed (sometimes), along with personal discussions, relations, etc., sometimes. I prefer an open forum like Cathe, that has breathing room without all the rules. That's what I meant about missing much by wasting time.

You are one of those super-sharp women I was referring to (seriously). Absolutely, I agree that VF is a great place for support (like on this community).

Thank you. You are very kind! That means a lot to me.

I tend to have my head in the sand most of the time, so your perception (the pecking order thing) is probably more astute than mine. And you are definitely also one of those people who make VF a great place. And don't get me wrong, I've been involved in a few controversies there myself. Some people can just be nasty, and that seems to be amplified on the internet.

And don't get me wrong, I've been involved in a few controversies there myself. Some people can just be nasty, and that seems to be amplified on the internet.

There is no harm in discussing health and wellbeing on forums. Forums are platform where we can openly discuss with
like minded individuals who understand striving to be fit.

I agree, some people are just nasty!. I shall keep myself miles away interacting with any of them!

I am also on VF. I love that site and can't stay away. I've learned so much over there. Some very dedicated and supportive women, indeed! Between Cathe and VF - I've spent thousands over the years :) This lifestyle is waaaay more expensive than the gym ever was to me.

Dirt Diva - I have to admit that on rare occasion, I've witnessed a VFer get trampled by others. It's never pretty to watch but it does happen and it just always feels wrong, like a gang up. But that's just my opinion. Otherwise, I think it's a great, supportive forum. I, too, wish we could talk more about diet and weight. I just don't get the restriction but it's honoured.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.