Veiny Arms and Hands

daybreak

Cathlete
Hi All,

How many of you are noticing/have noticed a significant increase of veins in your arms and hands from strength training? The warmer weather we're having is really making them pop out. Veins from strength training is normal, right?

See, the "problem" is I'm not a big fan of veins (they kind of "skeeve" me). :confused: You should see me walking around putting my hands up so the blood goes away! Am I weird? Ha ha. Small price to pay I suppose!

I have this problem with my lower abs. when i lean out a bit i get veins in my lower abs and hate it. if i gain weight then they disappear but so does my ab definition. sigh

Veins showing with strength training is very normal. We are just not used to seeing veins (or cellulite, wrinkles, bruises, moles, stretch-marks, etc.) anymore, because of all the photoshopped media out there.

Hi All,

How many of you are noticing/have noticed a significant increase of veins in your arms and hands from strength training? The warmer weather we're having is really making them pop out. Veins from strength training is normal, right?

See, the "problem" is I'm not a big fan of veins (they kind of "skeeve" me). :confused: You should see me walking around putting my hands up so the blood goes away! Am I weird? Ha ha. Small price to pay I suppose!

Too funny, I am the exact same way. I usually hate seeing veins, and I am getting so many in my hands and arms, but on the other hand I know it means I'm getting more and more muscles, which makes me happy.:D

My OBGYN always jokes he would love to take my blood because I have such good veins. I always tell him that is the worst thing he could say to me because I have such a phobia of needles!:eek::eek::eek:

I saw a vein pop out on my bicep the other day when I was doing one of Cathe's weight workouts and I was totally stoked.

While, I am not a big fan of vein-y hands, I won't mind having them on my gun-show arms (if I ever get them).

In high school I noticed a lot of veins popping out, but then I didn't have much fat either. I tried hiding them too at that time. Now (many many years later) though, I want them back and I will be very proud to have them. It will happen soon if I stay on the regimen that was set up for me. I can't wait!

Janie

I love my veins! I think they're awesome. I have one that pops in my right bicep and am working hard to get the left one popping. :)

Lrusso, me too - the idea of blood test makes me cringe! Don't know how I made it through three pregnancies with all that blood work! Though it's weird, things going into the vein like an IV doesn't bother me nearly as much. Anywho...

Tracey, you know you've arrived when a vein pops out on your biceps!!! Good job!

Aveggiegirl - ditto. Good luck on bicep vein #2! Too funny. :D

And Janie, keep up the good work on getting those veins back - just don't show them to me okay! :p Just kidding!

I don't like them at all. The veins in my hands are the one downside for me of weight training. I think they age my hands. Just not attractive at all.

daybreak said:
Lrusso, me too - the idea of blood test makes me cringe! Don't know how I made it through three pregnancies with all that blood work! Though it's weird, things going into the vein like an IV doesn't bother me nearly as much. Anywho...

Tracey, you know you've arrived when a vein pops out on your biceps!!! Good job!

Aveggiegirl - ditto. Good luck on bicep vein #2! Too funny. :D

And Janie, keep up the good work on getting those veins back - just don't show them to me okay! :p Just kidding!

Thanks Daybreak! :). I would love to have veins like Cathe's.

I have this on hands and forearms and it has little to do with weight training in my case, since I have only done 2 upper body workouts in the last 6 months. It has to do with age and low levels of body fat. Not much I can do about this. I was just noticing it today, now that I am in dresses and sleeveless tops for summer. I don't like it much, but really, there are worse things. I'm healthy, so I'm going to take that! If other people don't like it, well, maybe I don't like watching their obese selves tucking into fast food in front of me or watching their fat asses waddle down the street.....

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.