Update on Fitness competition

gidget1978

Cathlete
Hi ladies!

Had a wonderful weekend! Met some wonderful gals , so nice to meet people who are going through the same things.

I won 3rd in fitness 35+. I was so pleased with that :). Going out on stage was a little tough. I'm not much of a show girl and it was hard to smile the whole time. Felt like I was faking it!
Anyway, I will def do it again! Here are some pics from my comp as per request!! I also had a photo shoot and can't wait to see the pics!

Lori :)

Attachments

• image-2187342689.jpg
    image-2187342689.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 285
  • image-970701805.jpg
    image-970701805.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 255
  • image-763068116.jpg
    image-763068116.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 235
That's a great start, don't quit!! Keep going, you will get better and better. Next time you will take the overall title. Good for you!!!

My goodness !! I'd love to hear how you got to where you are now or even to get to where you got to see some muscle and lose the fat!? Or have you always been in shape?
I am always told by some to remember that people like you or Cathe have always been in shape and I have to be realistic I will never look near like you or cathe no matter what I do! I know I probably won't but geez how about at least curves and muscles and not jibbly !! Lol. I keep trying anyway and I see small changes and hang In there. So can you share some of your story? Ur food your workouts? Thanks

OMG, don't ever listen to anyone who tells you that! I met gals this weekend that lost lots of weight! It takes time, patience and determination. I've always worked out but I also had a major sweet tooth. I probably could have been leaner but I did cheat a little bit. Most of the girls yesterday were dying for a treat but I wasn't....cause I didn't go the full 3 months without. I didn't drink though and I didn't eat any take out. But if I wanted a piece if chocolate I had it.
The workouts get longer and the diet get tougher. I was doing double cardio days. So one body part a week , it ranged from 20 mins of HITT in the mornings to a hour in the mornings and a hour in the evenings. Something that someone wouldn't be able to do for long. It's not really a lifestyle anyone can have if you have a family. But if I can do it with 3 kids , working full time and a husband , anyone can.

Lori :)

Congratulations Lori. That is an awesome start. You look great and most of all you still look healthy. Sometimes in those competitions people go on crazy diets to lose water weight. The fact that you are married, with 3 kids, a full time job, and still had time to train, wow! You are definitely an inspiration. :)

WOW Lori! Congratulations! You are inspiration for all of us! It takes a lot of discipline and guts to get the results you've obtained. Way to go!

HUGE Congratulations!!! What an accomplishment. You should be SO proud of yourself for overcoming your fear of being that showgirl and going for it. Awesome!

Hi Lori,

Excellent!!! You look amazing, Congratulations:) Were you still running for cardio?

I did at the end. I had to do 2 hours if cardio a day almost so I would spin in the morning and run in the evening!

I did at the end. I had to do 2 hours if cardio a day almost so I would spin in the morning and run in the evening!

WOW, that's a lot of cardio:eek: How many hours a day did you do weight training? How often did you lift weights a week? Can you please, give us an idea what a week looked like for you:eek: Congrats! You should be proud of yourself:D

In the beginning it was around 90 mins in the morning maybe, two body parts a day and cardio. Towards the end it was more one body part a day, just so I could hit it harder and higher reps. 5 weeks out I had to start adding cardio in the evenings. I had 6 meals a day , 5 weeks out no carbs but I snuck a little ;).

In the beginning it was around 90 mins in the morning maybe, two body parts a day and cardio. Towards the end it was more one body part a day, just so I could hit it harder and higher reps. 5 weeks out I had to start adding cardio in the evenings. I had 6 meals a day , 5 weeks out no carbs but I snuck a little ;).

Thanks Lori! That's a tough workout schedule and eating plan:D So you did higher reps towards the end? When you say, higher reps? Did you use lighter weights? What about the beginning? Heavy weights? What # weights did you use? Sorry, for all those questions:p I workout 90 min a day too, I must be doing something wrong:( You look absolutely amazing :eek: Very impressive:D

Belinda, it really is all about the eating esp when it comes to this kind of stuff. Some mornings I was only having 90 cals breakfast and a small shake before lunch. I may have only had 900 cals a day sometimes. So it's not something someone could do for an extended period of time.
I did higher reps the whole time. 15-20 reps, the last 3 being the hardest and I am going to continue working out this way. There is another comp in Oct, I'm considering it if we are still living here :)

Lori, I really appreciate you being so open and honest about it! You are really committed when you do something. High fives, girl! WOW! Eating only 900 cal a day, I would pass out:eek: I thought you would be eating like 3000 cal a day, the way you workout out every day:p You are absolutely amazing. I always though you look stunning, but know:eek: You are one hot mama:p I really believe age does play a roll:eek: I am 51, I watch every morsel that goes into my mouth. I log my food into MFP every day. But I still carry some fat around my midsection, no matter how many crunches/sit ups I do. Or how many rounds of STS I do? I don't see the results I am looking for. Maybe once I am done with STS, I will do high reps and see if that will do the trick:roll eyes: I am very committed to my workouts, I know that's not it? You can train me anytime:p:eek: I say, for for it if you still live in the same area;)

P.S. we do miss you at the check in!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.