Undulating Warriors Jan 18-24!!!

Hi Everyone!

What a wild week this has been. Shortly after I posted on Friday we lost power and it was only just been restored. Since the outage only affected 100-300 customers, I think the work crew went home,:mad: rather than work late. We decided to have a propane generator installed sometime in the near future.

By this morning my crew was pretty fed up. Let's recap- a day without hot water, twelve hours without internet, and two power failures - one 12 hr and one 24 hr, when we don't have power we also don't have internet and hot water, so that makes a total of 3 days without both of those utilities. Thursday night we made our older two boys stay the night in a hotel near the college rather than drive the snowy/icy mountain road home.

Boy oh boy, are we accustomed to our creature comforts and modern technology! I am glad I live in the 21st Century and not the 19th or 18th! Hot running water rocks!

Today I needed to take my middle son to the optometrist, usually it is a quick trip down to Calistoga and then back home, but today the whole family came! It was good to break our collective cabin fever. We had lunch out and spent some time perusing in a bookstore while the older two charged their appliances at the coffee shop.

Ok - to the workouts - I did KPC from a download on my laptop, which had just enough battery power left for me to do the workout. Love that workout - I really got into it - I gave it my all and got a great sweat going. No time for Legs and Glutes though.

Tomorrow I'll run, well, maybe I'll run, later I am meeting my sister in San Francisco to see Wicked.

MJ - You are so fortunate to live in Florida and have your pick of tennis coaches! GO FOR IT, you really deserve it - you have worked so hard, and it will bring you a lot of pleasure.:) Thanks for the tips about step, I was starting to get the feeling that I might really enjoy step once I understand the language and get the moves down. It definitely is nice to have more options in the workout arsenal. I have BodyMax 2 and haven't even opened it!

Cathy - I hear ya - on how each sports season wrecks havoc on routines. Soccer always throws me for a loop. I hope you were able to enjoy your rest day too. I haven't made it to the yarn shop yet! But I'll let you know, hopefully Monday. :D

Tara - Oh, girl, I was in the exact same spot you were in with 40/20. Quads were on fire - I was out of breath - and unbelievably fatigued; I am glad you took a break, I did too, and when I resumed I had the power to get to the end. I figure we should pat ourselves on the back for just showing up! Two weeks off! Excellent! Is your daughter in school while you are off?

Heather - I hope your travels were uneventful! But fun! :eek:

Ok, gotta go - much to do now that I have the electricity to do it. :)

Last edited:
Janis I'm very glad to be living at a time with indoor plumbing and heat, too. :D Isn't it amazing how inconvenienced we are when we lack power, yet for most of human history they managed without it. Hopefully, your power won't be an issue for you anymore.

This morning I did some yoga and then I did the abs from KPC and this time I did the pikes. It really didn't affect my calf and I'm thinking that those one-legged pikes in AC Stability Ball Abs are probably doable, so next week I'm going to start doing the AC workouts again and try that one in about a week. Starting on Tuesday, I'm going to wear my weighted vest for calf work.

Tara enjoy your time off! It's a nice change even if you aren't going anywhere. Looking forward to your Athletic Step report.

MJ we don't have a basketball hoop at home, so no I don't play with the boys. I actually used to be a pretty good shot and could win games that just involved shooting. But, put someone in front of me to guard me and forget it. :eek: I think it's great that you are going to look for a coach and hope you find a good one soon.

Heather how are doing?

I have to go. Derek is desperately needing the computer to go to the Pokemon site and make notes. :rolleyes:

Hey Everyone
I'm back! I decided to finish Back and Biceps before I posted! It was a great workout. I didn't try to kill myself but still be very challenging. My trip was a whirlwind and I ended up not fitting any workouts in. I left from my house at midnight on Tuesday and didn't get to go to sleep until Wed night at about 2. I had planned not to workout on Wed but Thursday was a right off then too as I was so tired. The conference had no down time and all the meeting started at 7:45 so I had to have eaten, gotten all dressed up very early. Friday I snuck away for a couple hours but I ended up going to the Prime Outlets - which was a very successful trip as I got my running shoes for 1/3 the price at home... I bought two pairs:D. The trip home was exhausting too as I had to leave the hotel at 3am and got home at 2pm. Anyways, I am at home and getting back on schedule!

Janis - Wow sounds like you are having quite a time with hydro and weather! Glad to hear that you got your KPC workout in. I didn't get to read any BFFM either. But I will today! I would also recommend trying IMAX 2 to learn Cathe's step. It is very short sections of step that get repeated 5 times and then the blast. I started doing those first and then did Body Max2 which has really helped me learn Cathe's base moves.

Tara - Congrats on your weight loss... every little bit counts! I am afraid to step on the scale after this trip! It was not so much that I at alot of treats but the portion sizes were so much bigger than I was used to and when people are taking you out for dinner you don't want to be rude and not eat all the food.

Cathy - Sounds like your ankle is coming along and you'll be jumping with the rest of us sooner than later. Hope your son is getting better. I really hate those situations when the other kid comes back... you never know what you are going to find. I would find it very challenging to try and figure out a plan to go "slowly" and add weight at the right increments. Good luck!

MJ - Glad to hear that you are really getting into the tennis. I think it would be awesome for you to find a coach. I think it will take your tennis to another level.

As for me. I have decided to do 5 cardio sessions a week and 3-4 weight training but really focus on portions and what I am eating and see how that goes.
I had better go here as there is so much to catch up on... Oh yeah, the meeting was pretty good...occasionally it was a bit of a gong show but I did make great contacts and looks like I will have some more work out of it.!
Talk to you soon
Heather

Hi All,

Did Athletic Step and luckily my knees were not grumpy! So I did it with risers this time--no problem! A cold seems to be trying to come on, so I have been a bit more tired than usual. I'm so glad I don't have to go to work tomorrow.

Heather, welcome back! Glad to hear your conference was productive. Conferences always involve lots of food one way or another. It's hard to keep away & not over-indulge. But they are nice in many ways---all the info, networking, food--it's one of those occasional opportunities. May as well enjoy it! I'm saying that since I have a conference coming up in March ;) Sounds like you have a good workout plan for next week!

Janis, what a crazy week or two you've had with the power, water etc! Sounds like getting a back-up generator is a good idea. My Dad had one installed at home in Oklahoma and we all thought he was going overboard. But after this bad winter and some stormy weather in the summer, we now are thankful that he got it. There have been times when his home was the only one in the neighborhood that had power.
I have to say that you are a champion for not allowing all of that to stop you from exercising! You go, Warrior Queen!!! My daughter will be in school most of the time I'm off, so I will have some quiet days to myself. It works out well. In the morning after I drop her off at school, I relish the peace. But by the afternoon, I miss her & am ready to go get her!

Cathy, let me know how AC--yoga goes. I almost did that one today, but let my fatigue and sniffles get the better of me. I have never tried that one. The pikes have always scared me!

MJ, sending a hello your way!

I'm planning to do Chest and Back + HiiT 30/30 tomorrow.

Until then,
Tara :)

Morning all from dreary Michigan. Yesterday after the rain we had a bit of sunshine and everything was all browns and greens, with just patches of snow left here and there. Today, it's just dreary and there is a bit of snow forecast over the next few days. But, I'll be grateful for the several weeks of clear roads we had to drive on.

This morning I did Disk 28 Chest and Back. On the last set of flat chest presses I upped my weight by 2 1/2 lbs and afterwards I changed that in my 1RM's. On like the 3rd set of flat bench chest flies I thought wow this is really easy - and realized on the 3rd rep that I hadn't added my wrist weights and I was using 4 lbs less on each side. :eek: Then the next set my right arm got down to far and I had to pull it in to the side, because I couldn't go back up. :rolleyes: Everything else went fine though.

Oh, and I've been tinkering with another undulating rotation. This one I wrote the different weeks for each meso on a piece of paper and randomly drew them. I also took Cathe's shock cardio rotation and added those in. It still needs a bit of tinkering and then I'll post it to see what you guys think.

Tara YAY on Athletic Step. I hope that cold just goes away and stays away!

Heather glad that you are back. Definitely sounds like your trip was a whirlwind! Wonderful that you were able to make new contacts out of it!

Time to deal with the reality of life and all that fun stuff. You all have a fantastic day! And if you have sunshine - please send some of it my way. ;)

Hey Everyone

This morning I got up and did CC4 run. It was hard today because it has been so long since I have done any cardio. But it felt really good afterwards. I am sticking to the plan and not doing any other workouts today... besides maybe some ab work later. There was a fog bus delay today so the kids and I are just hanging out for the morning and I am going to get the house back in order... I think that I will do Plyo legs tomorrow and do Chest and Back on Wed as I just did Back work on Sunday.

Cathy - don't you just hate when you realize that you aren't at the right weight. I am trying to figure out how to add weight for chest flys in small enough increments! Ankle weights are a good idea! Sounds like your weather is the same as ours! We can barely get out the driveway because of all the slush.

Tara - Awesome work with Athletic Step. I want to do that one this week. I never did get to try Step Moves while I was away. Which is too bad! Hope your cold is mild and goes away fast!

Janis - I read the book for Wicked and would really like to have seen the production when it was in Toronto...too much going on with little kids then. We have been toying with a generator idea as well but they have improved the hydro around here alot so the need has not been as great. No hydro is no fun... because we are on a well here we have no water either when the hydro goes down. Really not fun!

MJ - How is tennis going?

Talk to you tomorrow
Heather

Heather great that you got your run in! Fortunately, our drive is uphill, so nothing pools in it. The only spot we have trouble is at the very bottom and we refilled that a couple years ago and it's been better. We have a well, too, so I keep about 6 gallons of water stashed downstairs so that for short outages we can at least use the toilet!

I started using all the odd added in wrist weights when I got STS and really wish that I'd done it years ago as it makes a huge difference in how much I can lift now as compared to pre-STS. In addition to the 1 lb weighted gloves, and 1 lb wrist weights, I have adjustable ankle weights that go from 1/2 lb to 5 lbs each. In can be tricky using them in Meso 1 because the breaks are so short, but they work quite well in Mesos 2 & 3.

The boys keep calling today the "dreaded Monday" in voices of doom because they have dentist appointments this afternoon. :D At least once they are there, they fully cooperative with the hygienist. They just REALLY wish they didn't have to. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.