two questions

pinkquinn

Cathlete
I am currently pregnant and doing the 6 month rotation of sts ( this is my second time). By the time the baby comes I will be starting meso 3. I may start over again from meso 1 post delivery, I will have to see how I feel.

I would like to incorporate Tracy Anderson's post pregnancy workout into my sts rotation. Any ideas on how to do that?

Also, did anyone make any dietary changes from meso to meso: increase protien, carbs, or cals to maintain fat mass. ( I dont want to lose fat right now;)) Did anyone notice they needed extra fuel to get through the other mesos?

The last time I did it I was fat loss mode, but now for obvious reasons I am trying to maintaine strength and endurance while fueling my workouts and not cheating the baby out of any good thing.

I didn't modify my diet meso to meso. On my 2nd time through (6 month rotation) I wasn't in "diet mode" anymore, so I just continued to eat clean. I may have been more diligent about my whey protein.

Is this your first pregnancy? i would wait a couple months before getting back into STS. I think I just walked for a bit after my daughter was born. With breast feeding, that was enough to drop back down really quickly.

Last edited:
This is number four. I usually go by how I feel. 15 minutes of pilates is all I can wrap my brain around at first, this is first time doing sts while pregnant so I am wondering if by some miracle I will be ready to go sooner. I have talked to some moms who do figure competions that say if you stay fit till the end you bounce back quicker. They started training as soon as 2 weeks post delivery!

thanks for your diet info:D

CONGRATS on #4! How exciting. I always think how wonderful it is when someone can exercise thru their pregnancy. (Let alone, do STS!!!) I was sooo sick with both of mine the whole 9 months! Uuuugh! What a blessing for you! Keep us posted! :)

Last edited:
Thanks Debbie. I will keep you posted. This is my first attempt at a fit pregnancy, although when I am not pregnant I train pretty hard. The way I look at it is: I need to keep one step ahead of my brood, or they are taking me down:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.